No longer able to pay MYW package online?

Jessirip

Mouseketeer
For quite awhile, I haven't been able to see the balance due on our June package, nor make a payment. I did make myself and not through a travel agent. I figured it was another MDE glitch, but sent an email asking. The response was this:

Magical enhancements do tend to happen periodically, and we understand fully that they can be a bit of an inconvenience. At this time, the option to make payments online for things like Magic Your Way Packages, virtually, will not function due to business need. For the time being, we have no future expectations, or anticipation that it will become an option once more.

We do, however, expect that packages made in the future will prove to have the ability, but alas, there is no time frame that can be given at this time as to when it will become active again.

So ok I'll call to make a payment... but "business need" confuses me and wondering if anyone can translate? Do they not want people to make periodic payments anymore? Also sharing in case it's causing anyone else issues.

For quite awhile, I haven't been able to see the balance due on our June package, nor make a payment. I did make myself and not through a travel agent. I figured it was another MDE glitch, but sent an email asking. The response was this:

Magical enhancements do tend to happen periodically, and we understand fully that they can be a bit of an inconvenience. At this time, the option to make payments online for things like Magic Your Way Packages, virtually, will not function due to business need. For the time being, we have no future expectations, or anticipation that it will become an option once more.

We do, however, expect that packages made in the future will prove to have the ability, but alas, there is no time frame that can be given at this time as to when it will become active again.

So ok I'll call to make a payment... but "business need" confuses me and wondering if anyone can translate? Do they not want people to make periodic payments anymore? Also sharing in case it's causing anyone else issues.
Translation the system is broke presently we don’t know how to fix it, hopefully we can figure it out because we don’t have enough people to manage the phones.

If I was to guess it's because they started the new ticket system, and the older MYW can no longer be properly calculated online. Disney has been terrible at making their IT work properly--probably due to lack of staff/training/etc. So they implemented a new payment system without capability to process previous packages.

If I was to guess it's because they started the new ticket system, and the older MYW can no longer be properly calculated online. Disney has been terrible at making their IT work properly--probably due to lack of staff/training/etc. So they implemented a new payment system without capability to process previous packages.
Maybe but I booked a package after the new tickets came out and was able to make payments on it. It's since paid off so can't tell if the ability is still there or not. So the ability has been there since the ticket change

Question I have is, can anyone make payments? Is it off for all or just random

Last edited:
I just double checked and went I to MDE under plans and tickets and under my reservation for June that I booked before the ticket system changed and I am still able to make payments on line. It may be an issue with your MDE and you might have to call to have it repaired.

Anyone get this straightened out yet?
I just called today to book DME and asked why I can't see my remaining balance or make a payment and the CM just said give it a while....
Its been over a month so giving it a while is gonna fix it? lol.
I don't need to worry about it for a while but ultimately I'd like to see and make payments online since I plan to use gift cards, then see how much I need to put on my Disney visa vs how much I can earn with my redemption card and pay my remaining balance with that. Not to mention that my sister is also using her Disney visa for her portion.
Its complicated enough that doing it myself online would make more sense than calling.

Anyone get this straightened out yet?.

I actually ended up booking an entirely new package once the deals for the summer came out. I then called them and had anything I had paid towards that wonky reservation applied to the new one, which they were able to do even though it took a little bit. They said that they canceled the old one even though it's still showing up in my MDE account. It is kind of annoying but I'm hoping it will just fall off eventually when the deadline to pay it off would have passed. Or when they finally do fix the issue.

I actually ended up booking an entirely new package once the deals for the summer came out. I then called them and had anything I had paid towards that wonky reservation applied to the new one, which they were able to do even though it took a little bit. They said that they canceled the old one even though it's still showing up in my MDE account. It is kind of annoying but I'm hoping it will just fall off eventually when the deadline to pay it off would have passed. Or when they finally do fix the issue.
Can you pay online now?
I booked a bounce back so I'm not going to book a new reservation.
I suppose if it diesnt fix itself I'll contact IT. If that doesnt help then they are gonna have multiple calls with multiple payments and will have to figure out some math for me lol.
It's not a huge deal just dumb that they aren't fixing it.

Can you pay online now?
I booked a bounce back so I'm not going to book a new reservation.
I suppose if it diesnt fix itself I'll contact IT. If that doesnt help then they are gonna have multiple calls with multiple payments and will have to figure out some math for me lol.
It's not a huge deal just dumb that they aren't fixing it.

Gotcha. Yes I can pay online now and make changes to the resort, etc. No issues with the new one.

I went to check and see if I could still make payments on my trip coming up in May, and the Make a payment button was there. When I clicked it I got the usual screen about how much I wanted to pay, what I wanted to use to pay it with, etc. Looks like its fixed?

I went to check and see if I could still make payments on my trip coming up in May, and the Make a payment button was there. When I clicked it I got the usual screen about how much I wanted to pay, what I wanted to use to pay it with, etc. Looks like its fixed?
Did you ever have an issue seeing it?

No, for a long time now when ever I look for it it's there. You think it's only certain cases that have trouble?
My thought is it was a certain batch of dates of something.
I guess I was in that batch. I'm calling again tomorrow.

Anyone get this straightened out yet?
I just called today to book DME and asked why I can't see my remaining balance or make a payment and the CM just said give it a while....
Its been over a month so giving it a while is gonna fix it? lol.
I don't need to worry about it for a while but ultimately I'd like to see and make payments online since I plan to use gift cards, then see how much I need to put on my Disney visa vs how much I can earn with my redemption card and pay my remaining balance with that. Not to mention that my sister is also using her Disney visa for her portion.
Its complicated enough that doing it myself online would make more sense than calling.
And you have a package, right?

At least making payments is easy, all automated, no human needed on the other end. I believe your balance due is also given in the automated system.

And you have a package, right?

At least making payments is easy, all automated, no human needed on the other end. I believe your balance due is also given in the automated system.
Thanks. Yes it's a package. I just like to visually see it. My sister being a math teacher also likes to visually see the numbers too lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter