No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

Gisèle (Arielle71) also sent us an update from Animal Kingdom yesterday.

She and her DH had lunch at...

Yak & Yeti

"We had two Yak Attacks..."

"And the Dim Sum basket..."

"Then we shared the Veggie lo Mein...

"And the reason why I come back here...

2 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Next in were a couple of updates from Niki Andiokno.

She attended a second Food & Wine Festival culinary demonstration on Sunday.

Chef Pascal Oudin

"We had mussels in a spicy broth and a really nice wine."

"This was very entertaining and great food."

3 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu and pic of chef

Niki also had dinner on Sunday at Epcot's...

La Hacienda de San Angel

She said, "The chips were not salty, which is a big plus for us. The salsa could have been hotter though. Sally had the taco appetizer. She said it was ok but overpriced. The real gem was the Paradillos Del Mar..."

"It included shrimp, scallops that were humongous and the best Mahi Mahi ever. This is for two but could easily feed three. The taste was AMAZING!! It also had beans, rice and grilled veggies. This is now a must do for us."

5 October Game Points Earned

Jeri (jerseytinkerbell) & Rob sent us a great update from their dinner last night at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

Jeri said, "I drove us over to AKL Jambo House. We explored outside for a little while checking out the animals."

"Then we headed inside for our dinner."

First the menu pics...

"I started out with a cocktail...

The Victoria Falls Mist with Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Melon Liqueur, Banana Liqueur, Citrus and Sprite

"So good!"

"They brought out our bread basket."

"Then we were presented with an amuse bouche of pickled eggplant and onions."

"This was delicious. I could have eaten an entire side dish of just this."

"For appetizers I had the Peri Peri Chicken Flatbread...

KG's Peri Peri-roasted Chicken Flatbread with Lime Chakalaka, Lamb Chopper Cheese, and Pickled Sweet Bell Peppers

"This is one of the best things I have ever eaten in WDW! I might need to sneak back here this trip just for another one of these."

"Rob had the Taktouka Tomato Soup."

Taktouka Tomato Soup with Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Peppers, and Purple Haze Grilled Cheese

"He really enjoyed this."

"For our entrees Rob had the Lamb two ways, which I forgot to get a picture of. I had the short ribs...

Spicy Botswana-style "Seswaa" Beef Short Rib with Cassava-Potato Puree, Sambal, Mushrooms, and Fava Beans

"So good! Rob liked his lamb a lot but he regretted not getting the short ribs once he tried mine. The sauce and veggies that accompanied my dish were out of this world delicious!"

"We decided to pass on dessert because we had another plan but our waiter presented us with this lovely treat to celebrate our anniversary."

"I believe it was the free form Kit Kat. This was so light and tasty. A very nice end to the meal."

"Then he brought out the chocolate cookies with our bill."

"Oh wow these were good!"

"I need to plan a secret mission to the Jiko kitchen just to get my hands on a huge bag full of these cookies." :laughing:

"We were also given a very thoughtful anniversary card from the staff at Jiko."

"Such a great keepsake!"

"Jiko was Rob's signature pick for this trip and I was slightly against eating here, but this ended up being one of my best Disney meals ever. It will be hard to top this meal on this trip!"

5 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for name/menu pics and pic of Jeri

Then Jeri said, "After dinner we headed over to the...

"The Boardwalk was full of people and there was some entertainment going on."

"We headed to our dessert destination...

"Some shots of the treat case...

"It was so much better in here now that they remodeled the inside. It made the line easier and you had more time to check out the case and decide what you want."

"In a move of total gluttony, we picked out 3 desserts! I had the salted caramel ganache...

"This was really good! It had an odd after taste, which I remember other people mentioning on here. If it wasn't for that after taste, it would have been a perfect dessert for me."

"Rob had the cheesecake brownie...

"He said it was good but not as good as it used to be."

"Then we split the peanut butter, banana, candied bacon pie...

"I'm not proud of this. :laughing: It was interesting. I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't get it again. I wish the peanut butter in this had been better. It tasted like fake peanut butter flavor instead of just real peanut butter."

"Okay, I'm going to fall into a food coma now. Tomorrow we will be switching over to OKW. Have a good night!"

1 October Game Point Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, display case pics, and misc. pics

And with that I too am going to call it a night. But check back tomorrow for the remaining three updates from Monday, as well as the 9 received today.

Good night! :wave2:

And with that I too am going to call it a night. But check back tomorrow for the remaining three updates from Monday, as well as the 9 received today.

Good night! :wave2:

Night barb!! Thanks for the awesome job on the thread!! Wish I was going to sleep but instead I am heading to work! 2 more shifts and then it's travel time!

Night Barb!
Have a great shift Paula!
Awesome dinner at Jiko Jeri. One of my favorites and those short ribs - they better never remove them from the menu or I'll hold my breath. Ok, not likely but they are one of my favorites. :goodvibes

That was hilarious about the avocado margarita. The absence of those on some menus has caused quite a stir here.

Amazing 3 day total!!

I completely agree! Just think if he was there for a week! ;)

"Another thing - after this trip, I can now say with certainty that France is my favorite Epcot pavilion for dining (by a huge margin). Not only are the snacks great, but Monsieur Paul is superior to everything else in the park (disclaimer - I haven't been to Teppan Edo, but I don't think it would be comparable). Here are some reasons why I believe the French dining scene dominates World Showcase:"

After being a long time fan of Chefs de France, a new fan of Les Halles, and now a huge fan of Monsieur Paul, I completely agree. And that's without trying the new ice-cream place. :thumbsup2 Lovely collection of photos.

Just three more updates left to post from Monday and two of them are from DisneyDreamerMN.

Jamie's first update was from her breakfast on Monday at Epcot's...

Sunshine Seasons

"Both DH and I got the breakfast panini with potatoes. The bread was good and the eggs were cooked perfectly."

2 October Game Points Earned

Then Jamie sent us an update from their afternoon of trying some of the offerings at the Food and Wine Festival booths.

Germany

"My first beverage of choice was the Grapefruit beer. So yummy, but could never have more than one of those."

"Next was...

...where I purchased the Lobster roll."

"The bun had the perfect amount of toast to it and meat was very good."

"DH and I tried the Steamed Green Lip Mussels and the Lamb Meatball. The meatball was great and the mussels were just OK."

Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney

"We then purchased the beer flight from...

Belgium

Beer Flight: Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, Leffe Blonde, Leffe Brune

"The Stella was my favorite."

"From the Greek booth we tried the Griddled Greek Cheese."

"This was pretty tasty, but part of the cheese was a little too griddled."

"Canada was the last booth of the day for us."

"We both got the Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon."

"Kyle gave me all his mushrooms which I was happy to accept."

10 October Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign/menus

Our last update from Monday was sent to us by Niki Andiokno.

She said, "Today I lost my phone so missed taking photos. Luckily I found it at Starring Rolls Bakery where we had Turkey sandwiches."

"We had dinner at the Swan's...

Il Mulino

"I love love love this place...so much I forget to take photos. Here is my amuse bouche of sausage and eggplant. It was fabulous."

"Here is the arancini...

"It was good. Little rice balls with plenty of cheese and spicy sauce."

"I totally missed taking photos of our entrees. I guess I was way too excited. Same thing happened last trip. I had the half order of Rigatoni con Fungi. Absolutely amazing with lots of wild mushroom of varying varieties. Plenty of pasta for a half order. Mike got the Risotto al Frutti di Mare. It was good but not as good as last time. Bay scallops instead of sea scallops. White sauce that was a bit bland. Sally had the Manicotti. This is her new favorite restaurant. Then we ended our meal with Tartufo and of course limoncello."

1 October Game Point Earned

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: emmebear & Emme :cheer2:

557882_10151404680724702_2008169262_n_zpsdebafb20.jpg

Patty and her DD (Emme) will be at Disney World from 10/17 - 10/20 and they have volunteered to do live updates for us again! If I have counted correctly, I think this will be the 11th time that Patty & Emme have reported for us since the original live thread was launched in Sept. 2012. I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for their dedication to this thread and I can not wait to meet this awesome duo in person in December. :goodvibes

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Patty & Emme!!! :cool1:

6 October Bonus Point Awarded

Our First Update of the Day yesterday was sent to us by Gisèle (Arielle71).

On Monday evening, she and her DH had dinner at the Contemporary Resort's...

California Grill

She said, "I started with the Napa Blue Martini and DH had the Orange Coronado Beer."

The Napa Blue Martini Charbay Vodka and Olive Juice with Point Reyes Blue Cheese-stuffed olives

"Bread service followed...

Lavender foccacia and sourdough rolls

"The Tuna 4 Ways for me...

Tuna Poke, Tartare, Maki and Nigiri

"The tartare was amazing."

"And Pork Pate Flatbread for DH...

Pork Pate Flatbread with Roasted Garlic, Mascarpone Cheese, Royal Trumpet Mushroom Chips

"Totally a 5/5."

"Then we shared the Kazan roll and Dragon roll with the suggested wines."

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna and fireball sauce

Dragon Roll - Spicy and Tataki tuna with shrimp tempura, bell pepper, avocado, and chili soy glaze

"After HalloWishes I had the chocolate cake and a cappuccino...

Chocolate Pudding Cake - Luscious Chocolate Cake with Nutella Filling, Meringue Kisses, and Mint Chantilly

"That cake is so rich...could not finish it."

"DH had the Apple dessert with a coffee...

Seasonal Tasting: Heirloom Apple - Apple Cupcake with Cream Cheese, Streusel and Peanut Butter Caramel, Warm-spiced Cider, Apple-Cinnamon Creme Brulee, and Apple-Almond Tart with Spiced Compote

"He said it was a perfect dessert!"

"We were seated in the small room past the kitchen and we had a great server named Ryan. Great dinner!"

10 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next in yesterday were two updates from Rachael (Gracefulskinny).

On Sunday she and her DH had dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

"We were surprised to be called back almost immediately."

"We both got the lemonade...

"It was delicious. Our only complaint, because it's considered a "specialty drink", you don't get refills. We wish we had know that before we ordered."

"The bread was hot and fresh and very good."

"I got the steak and loved it."

"Jon got the braised beef and thought it was phenomenal."

"We shared the chocolate and the strawberry cupcakes. Both were yummy and the combo of them together was amazing!"

2 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc. pics, and pic of Rachael & Jon with the Beast

Rachael also sent us an update from their dinner on Monday night at POR's...

She said, "We spent the afternoon being lazy around the resort and lounged by the pool while waiting for our reservation time at Boatwrights."

"The NEW MENU!...

"We started with the fabulous corn bread...

"Silly DH though you ate it with a fork and knife." :laughing:

"I got the prime rib with horseradish mashed potatoes...

"It was delicious. I will be trying the potatoes at home for sure."

"DH got the pork chop with sweet potato hash...

"He all but licked his plate clean."

"We had our dessert to go and brought them back to the room because we had a special toast planned since it was our actual anniversary."

"We got the chocolate cake, which was good but a tad dry. Also got the bread pudding, which was good but not as good as 'Ohana."

"We brought sparkling cider from home to toast with...

"FYI, if you happen to forget to bring a bottle opener with you, the bartender should be able to open it for you. Oops." ;)

5 October Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Next in yesterday was a breakfast update from Jeri (jerseytinkerbell).

She said, "We just checked out of Pop and made our way over to OKW. Before we check in we are having breakfast at..."

"Rob had the Breakfast Cuban..."

Scrambled Eggs, Sliced Pork Loin, Ham, Swiss, and Tomato on a Grilled Cuban Roll served with Breakfast Potatoes

"He thought this was very plain. He said it needed some type of sauce to give it flavor."

"I had the Banana Bread French Toast..."

...topped with Bahamian Banana-Rum Butter Sauce, Coconut Cream, and served with ham.

"This was good, but I think I'm still too full from last night to really enjoy it."

5 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu

Jeri also sent us an update from their lunch yesterday at Downtown Disney's...

She said, "A great lunch update I'm excited to share with you! For a late lunch today we went to Raglan Road."

"Rob started with a beer (or two)." ;)

"Then he had two appetizers as his meal. He started with the soup of the day, which was a mushroom soup."

"Then he had the Nom Nom Wings...

"He really enjoyed both."

"I had an item our waitress said was new. I don't recall seeing it on the live thread before.

I got the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do...

"THIS WAS AMAZING!!! Best dish of the trip so far! I highly recommend!"

"Then I had the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding...

"This was just as good as the bread pudding at 'Ohana. It was such a huge portion that I didn't even come close to finishing it."

"This was such a fantastic meal! We might return again this trip."

3 October Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu and pic of DH

Sadly another one of our reporters has sent in her final update. :sad1:

But Li Li saved one of her best for last, because her final update is a great one from the Food & Wine Festival booths.

Cranberry bog

Canada -

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
& “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

"This our first time trying, never been to Le Cellier, now I know why the restaurant is always booked!"

Greece

Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey

"Delicious!"

Scotland

Seared Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette
& Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps and Tatties (Griddled Vegetable Cake with Rutabaga and Mashed Potatoes)

"Very tasty!"

Australia

Garlic Shrimp with Roasted Tomatoes, Lemon Myrtle and Rapini
& Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies

"Good but a tad underwhelming."

"We ducked into La Cava de Tequila for a tequila flight."

Singapore

Lemongrass Chicken Curry with Coconut and Jasmine Rice
& Tiger Beer

"Curry was great, just the right amount of spiciness, not overwhelming. Nigel was eager to have Tiger Beer again after having it in Vietnam years ago."

China -

"I thought it was cute that all the booths had plants relating to what they were serving. The lychee is featured below..."

Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun & Happy Lychee with Vodka and Tequila

"This was my absolute favorite by far!!! The food was great and the drink was very refreshing without being too sweet!"

South Korea

Kimchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce

"This was better than I expected, I was a little trepidatious about it. Really surprised us with the tastiness and flavors!"

Africa

Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket

"Very good and huge portion for the price."

"Country of Cheese!"

Almond Crusted Blue Cheese Soufflé with Fig Jam

"I wish there was more jam or maybe just more of a tartness to the jam for a better contrast."

"A break at the Chase Lounge...

"There was a 15 minute wait to enter as they were at capacity for most of the day."

"Cool computer soda machines for our complimentary Chase soft drinks."

"Charging stations in Lounge. Be warned, they do not have a plug that fits the iPhone 5 or 5S!"

- continued in next post -

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: emmebear & Emme :cheer2:

557882_10151404680724702_2008169262_n_zpsdebafb20.jpg

Patty and her DD (Emme) will be at Disney World from 10/17 - 10/20 and they have volunteered to do live updates for us again! If I have counted correctly, I think this will be the 11th time that Patty & Emme have reported for us since the original live thread was launched in Sept. 2012. I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for their dedication to this thread and I can not wait to meet this awesome duo in person in December. :goodvibes

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Patty & Emme!!! :cool1:

6 October Bonus Point Awarded

thanks barb!! we are so excited!! i haven't packed yet but will get to it soon tonight.

so 11 times live reporting...i think i might have a slight addiction. :rotfl2:

can't wait to see you in december...disney here we come (well after i end my shirt early at 3pm!). :p

ps: i'm bringin my dslr camera this trip. i figure i have 2 weddings in november to shoot so i might as well practice a little. might do a dining report afterwards with the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter