No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

This morning we received a two-part update from our Disneyland reporter, Paula (smile4stamps).

She attended the MNSSHP last night and took in quite a haul of snacks...

"About half that pile is what they consider "Healthy Snacks", like graham crackers, Clif bars, apples, carrots, etc. Hunter (Paula's DH) asked me to bring some to WDW since we are not doing the party there. I think I got plenty to share!" ;)

"Since I'd had only a package of Cheez-its and apples from my treats stash while waiting for Villians earlier, I figured I should probably eat something with at least a little protein. :laughing: So before I left the park I stopped at..."

"This is a little quick service place that's outside the Golden Horseshoe, I think they probably share the same kitchen. It just happened to be near where I was at the time."

"I went with just the Kids Chicken Breast Nuggets with french fries."

"I had gotten a bunch of apples and carrots with my trick or treating so I didn't want anymore of those. The Kids Meal also included the bottle of water, which was great to have! The chicken nuggets were hot and fresh. The fries were probably sitting there for a little while but weren't too bad! I didn't eat much of them though because I didn't want too much fried food so late at night."

4 October Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pic of Paula with Pooh

Now returning to Disney World for a great Food & Wine Festival update from Megan (Riles_and_Gabe).

She said, "On Monday, Gabrian and I headed to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival for lunch. We had the following:"

Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scottish Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream

"Very delicious. I could have eaten several of these."

Dessert Trio
- Chocolate Orange Cupcake (vegetarian)
- Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake (vegetarian)
- Morello Cherry Pistachio Mousse (vegetarian)

Frozen S'mores

"We liked the cupcake but didn't care for the other two. The frozen s'more was a very weak taste. We did not like it."

Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey (vegetarian)

"Delicious!!"

Griddled Lobster Tail with Garlic Herb Butter

"This was really good but so small. It was about two bites. I didn't know that a lobster tail could be so small." :confused3

Almond Crusted Blue Cheese Soufflé with Fig Jam (vegetarian)
& Once Upon a Vine's The Big Bad Red Blend

"This was very good but very rich. I loved the fig compote on top."

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée

"I really liked the puree that came with this."

"There were tons of other places I would have loved to try but only so much stomach room. It was a great experience."

10 September Game Points Earned + 12 Bonus Points for sign/menu pics

Ugh all these f&w pics are making me impatient!!!!! These last 9 days need to hurry up!!!!!

It doesn't help that I don't have much left to do except the final gathering of clothes and final packing. I am just sooooo ready for Disney time!

Our Disneyland reporter Paula (smile4stamps) sent us an update from her lunch today at Disneyland's...

"Surrounding area (in Critter Country)..."

"They have very few tables."

"That wasn't where I planned to sit though. I was looking for someplace a little more shaded so headed to the seating on the lower level of Hungry Bear Restaurant. Here's the view from there..."

"And finally...my food. I'd never eaten here before but they were featured on the Disney Parks Blog due to some menu changes and I immediately spotted something I knew I wanted to try on my next visit!"

"The lobster roll."

"It's very tasty and the chips are good as well! The lobster roll has just enough mayo without it being dripping and tasting only of mayo. Would definitely get again!"

"Almost gone!"

3 October Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc. pics and pic of Paula

One more update was received last night from chazabel. This one was from their dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

Liberty Tree Tavern

She said, "Tonight it was dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I switched our dinner to here from Tony's before we left because I have never been too impressed with Tony's. I was nervous as we haven't been to Liberty Tree in years."

"I actually really liked it." :thumbsup2

"Yeasty rolls and nice refreshing salad to start...

"Loved, loved, loved the gravy...it was very basic but just right on turkey flavor. The green beans with garlic were cooked perfectly. The meats - turkey, pork and brisket were all tasty. I liked the pork the best. Mashed potatoes were perfect vehicle for gravy! Even dessert was yummy and just the right amount of sweet (I am not a big sweets person...could have had a bowl of the gravy for dessert and been happy)."

5 October Game Points Earned

We switched to LTT for lunch when they did away with the characters and since our kids are grown up. I didn't realize they changed the salad! Where is the lovely salad with the strawberries? They just seem to be gutting some of the favs out of all of the restaurants. :(

Is it true that you can only get the pumpkin waffles during MNNSHP? Those sounds sooooo good!!!!

I have clearly been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks as I hadn't even noticed that Part 3 had been launched - shame on me :guilty:

Barb - the indexes on the first page are amazing :flower3:

I have clearly been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks as I hadn't even noticed that Part 3 had been launched - shame on me :guilty:

Barb - the indexes on the first page are amazing :flower3:

No worries, Linda. The new thread didn't really become active until a week ago when we received the first F & W Fest update, so you don't have too much to catch up on. ;)

And as for the indexes, I'm sorry to say that I've fallen way behind with them...like a couple of months behind (or in other words, about 50 'Ohana dinners and 75 from Be our Guest). :lmao:

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are ...

:cheer2: amandaC & sons :cheer2:

"The 3 M's (Matt, Mikey, and mom) and Goofy (AKA my DH)"

Amanda and her family will be at Disney World from 10/4 - 10/8 and she and her sons have volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Amanda & family!!! :cool1:

8 October Bonus Points Awarded

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is ...

:cheer2: Merida34 :cheer2:

Jen and her family will be at Disney World from 10/4 - 10/13 and she has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Jen & family!!! :cool1:

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are ...

:cheer2: amandaC & sons :cheer2:

"The 3 M's (Matt, Mikey, and mom) and Goofy (AKA my DH)"

Amanda and her family will be at Disney World from 10/4 - 10/8 and she and her sons have volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Amanda & family!!! :cool1:

We are so excited!
We should be arriving around midnight tonight.
We went light on the ADRs for a change- plan to spent a lot of time at food booths. But, we do have planned: 3D dessert party on Friday, Party for the Senses on Saturday, MNSSHP on Sunday, and our last lunch at our favorite- Via Napoli.

We have received our First Update of the Day and it was from chazabel.

She visited the Food & Wine Festival on Tuesday and sent us this report.

Argentina

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée

"It was ok."

Brazil

Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro

"This was awesome."

Hawaii

Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Lotus Root Chips

"Delish."

Italy

Ravioli di Formaggio all' Emiliana - Baked Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Beef Bolognese Sauce, Parmesan, and Mozzarella

"Yummy."

Salsiccia e ‘Papacelli" Napoletani - Sweet Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onion on Ciabatta Bread

"Good."

5 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

This morning we also heard from our Disneyland reporter, Paula (smile4stamps).

She said, "Morning Barb! I had a great day yesterday! The ending of which was spent with Brenda (emmysmommy)!! We had planned to get together and Em was also going to come. Around 4:45 I received a text from Brenda saying they were on their way and Em was out (apparently school work trumps Disney?!?! ;)) and Michael was in. By the time they arrived I was waiting outside the World of Disney store for them."

"Michael was handed 3 cameras and was told "Here.. take pictures!"

"We then headed back into DCA as only Michael was really hungry at that point. We didn't make it very far before we were again handing Michael our cameras!"

"We had to give Pluto some love!" :goodvibes

"After getting that picture we stood there going...What do you want to do?!?! :confused3 We discussed the food options and nothing sounded good so we decided to head out towards Downtown Disney by way of the Grand Californian. As we are approaching, I was asked if I'd ever dined at Napa Rose. I said, "No, I've always wanted to but because I am almost always solo I've never done it." So as we approach, Brenda goes, "Let's take a look at the menu." And then, "Let's see if they have an opening." Michael and I both say, "I don't think we are appropriately dressed." Apparently that didn't matter as we soon found ourselves sitting down at...

... and looking at this menu."

"Brenda asked our server if he would mind taking our picture, to which he replied, "No problem" and teased, "it's in my job description." ;)

"They soon brought out the bread and butter.. We made Michael wait to dig in as we both had to get pictures."

"There were 3 different kinds, one roll type , a sliced olive bread and a cracker like. I had one of the rolls and some of the cracker. Both very good."

"We then placed our orders. Michael chose to start with the Prosciutto flatbread."

"This had figs and goat cheese on it as well. He insisted we each try it! Um ok!!! The flavors balanced each other very well and I have to say that was probably the best tasting item of the night!"

"Brenda and I both started with the Mushroom Bisque soup."

"I am a sucker for all mushroom soups (and corn soup!) so I knew right away that is what I wanted. The soup had excellent flavors but the broth was very thin. Brenda and I both agreed that we enjoy Artist Point's mushroom soup more. It didn't stop us from having it all though!"

"For entrees, Michael went with the Lamb dish..."

Grilled Colorado Lamb Porterhouse and Rack Chop - Braised Lamb Shoulder, Kalamata Olives and Sangiovese Jus

"He loved it and it was gone in no time!"

"Again Brenda and I went with the same choice..."

Slowly Braised Angus Beef Sort Rib with Sweet Potato Tots, Orange Gremolata and Pomegranate-Zinfandel Jus

"This was fall off the bone! It was actually a decent size short rib and we could have shared it! We both finished about half. Brenda had Michael finish hers while I was staring at mine going... "No way is my tummy going to eat all this!" So we had it packed up and Michael was going to take it home."

"Both Brenda and I were too full for dessert but Michael wanted to give one a try. He decided on a apple oatmeal dessert."

"He sacrificed and shared with us. I had one bite and it was VERY good! Sweet and crunchy and very tasty!"

"We then stay there talking and somehow talk of BUZZ came up. I said, "Let's go. We have time for a ride before DL closes!" :thumbsup2 So off we went to DL for a ride on Buzz! As we were walking in though Michael was like.. "I don't want to carry these leftovers all over so he set them on top of a garbage can and said, "If they are still there on our way out then it's meant to be that I have them". Well they were still there so it was meant to be!"

"Brenda and I rode together on the ride and though Brenda did WAY better than me, Michael did better than us both." ;)

3 October Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for name/menu pics, misc. pics and group pic at dinner + 5 Additional Bonus Points for DISmeet with Brenda

Paula also sent us a report from her breakfast this morning at Downtown Disney's...

Paula said, "I knew what I wanted without even looking at the menu but here it is anyway.""

Here is what Paula chose...

Croque Madame with ham, swiss gruyere, fried egg, on country white sourdough bread

"I ordered this in part 'cause everyone has a Croque Monsieur but rarely do you see the Madame on the menu. My husband loves these and by default, I do too. Sadly though, this was disappointing. The Croque Madame is supped to have a Mornay sauce and a sunny side up egg. This had a hard fried egg and no sauce. Really not what I wanted or expected. I ate it anyway because I wanted to get to the parks but it's definitely not something I will have again here."

3 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

chazabel sent us an update from their dinner on Tuesday night at Epcot's...

La Hacienda de San Angel

Here's what they had...

Complimentary Chips & Salsas

Mango Blueberry Basil - El Mayor premium silver tequila, coconut rum, orange juice, mango, blueberries, basil, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalyan salt rim

Tacos de Camarones - Fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortillas

Sides of beans and rice

Pollo al Pastor - Achiote marinated chicken served with roasted vegetables, beans and pineapple relish

"Everything was very tasty."

5 October Game Points Earned

chazabel also sent us an update from their dinner last night at Downtown Disney's...

Raglan Road

Here's what they had...

The Four Provinces Beer Flight - Guinness, Smithwicks, Harp, Kilkenny

Irish Soda Bread & Guinness Dipping Sauce

Crock o Pate - Our crock of rustic chicken liver pate served with apricot chutney and a berry compote

Heritage Tomato Salad - Heirloom tomato & rocket salad with shallots, parmesan crisps & balsamic reduction

Lambo - Lamb shank braised in rosemary jus with mash, leeks, shiitake mushrooms & baby carrots

Banger & Booz - Guinness & onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions & beef stew

"Awesome bread pudding to finish...we could not finish!"

"All excellent except the bread for the pate was way, way, way too hard!"

3 October Game Points Earned

Some great updates and very nice to see Brenda, Michael and Paula having fun at DL :)

Hi Barb!! Great job keeping up with the Live Reporters as usual!! :thumbsup2

That was a great recap of our evening Paula! It was good to see you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter