No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

I just received an very alarming update from one of our live reporters, Jenifer (disneynanacat).

She said, "Hi Barb! Sorry I stopped reporting. It was dark and I tripped over a curb I didn't see at MK a few nights ago and took a bad fall. Although I sent my family on to most of the ADRs, I have pretty much been hiding in the room. Knocked out two teeth! Busted my knee too. Here's a pic of my knee but too vain to show a pic of my skinned up face and missing teeth."

"My Indian name is Fallsalot!"
:laughing:

I have asked Jenifer to keep us updated here on the live thread as to how she is doing. But in the meantime, please send lots of pixie dust and positive thoughts her way for a quick recovery from her knee injury and successful dental implant surgery.

Here's a big dose from me, Jenifer! :tinker:

Ohmygosh!!!!!!! Jenifer I am so, sooo sorry to hear about this! I hope you're able to get your health issues taken care of ASAP, that you heal quickly, and that a "make up" Disney trip is in your near future! Big hugs!!!!!

I am finally getting around to my introduction. I will be traveling to Disney with my daughter, Lindsey and my parents. While we are there we will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Here is a picture of my daughter and I, along with our dog Sassy from earlier this year.

We have ADR's at:
Yak and Yetti
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Ohana
Chef de France
Tutto Italia
Biergarten
HDDR
Raglan Road
Kona Café (dinner)
and Tusker House (lunch)

We are also scheduled for a pastry demonstration and plan on visiting many food and wine booths, although Lindsey has said no to the Kimchi Dog :rotfl2: Our trip is scheduled for October 18 through the 27.

I would join in the guessing, but I assume that I'm exempt from the guessing since I'm one of the updates. I'll give a hint to the others though..... no one who has guessed has figured out where my update was from.

So glad the spicy Kazan roll seems unchqnged. DH loves that dish and will likely order it again the next time we can get to CG! I loved the interior shots as well. the chandeliers are so cool.

hello. :wave2:

a quick intro as i will be doing some live reporting 10/17-10/20. i'm excited! :cheer2:

10237900474_6ff91c3db3.jpg

my name is patty & i work as a nurse. i love disney & i love to stuff my face at disney so what better timing than to be at disney during food & wine fest! we will also be doing some celebrating as it is soon to be my anniversary of becoming a nurse. :banana:

10238087463_83c4567d11.jpg

this is my daughter emme. she's the proud owner of an annual pass & is obsessed with all the disney princesses. as of today, her favorite colors are pink AND purple while her favorite princess is ariel with sofia coming in a close second.

as of right now, i have a handful of ADR's planned but i'm sure some things will change before thursday rolls around. ;) ADR's are REALLY difficult to get for the month of october. it's kind of crazy with the lack of availability. i need my fix of cheesy potatoes (with a side of princesses for emme) so hopefully i can snag an akershus breakfast ADR. :upsidedow

thursday: dinner @ california grill (with hallowishes during our meal!)

friday: breakfast @ 1900 park fare -- spend some time @ MK
lunch: snacks @ food & wine
options for dinner are:
dinner 1: garden view tea room (not sure if i want to keep this)
dinner 2: california grill (there's so many things i want to eat that i might return...5pm ADR)
MNSSHP!!

saturday: food & wine fest booths **Epcot/MK day**
dinner: via napoli (not sure if i want to keep this)

sunday: breakfast: in room **DHS day**
lunch: hollywood & vine (early lunch...emme wants to see june)
**may return to epcot one last time to sample the booths before we
have to drive home.**

thanks barb for all your hard work.

happy eating (and reading) everyone! :yay:

ps: my instagram handle: nurse_patty (if anyone wants to follow my disney escapades!)

jodiwgirl correctly guessed that we received a report from DonaldDoleWhip on his second visit to the Food & Wine Festival booths.

He said, "On Friday, I headed to Epcot around 11am to begin another round of Food & Wine sampling. This time, I was on my own."

"First stop...

Menu

"The lobster and seafood fisherman's pie gets a 5/5 from me - it was hearty, satisfying, and full of seafood chunks."

"Next up was...

"Since I don't eat red meat or pork, the menu here seemingly doesn't contain any food that I can order."

"However, I asked if they could prepare the trout without bacon, and they said it wasn't a problem. This gets a 4/5 from me - the greens on top didn't have much flavor, but the trout was delicious. Without modifications, I'm sure this would be perfect."

"After Canada, I returned to Terra."

"The watermelon juice has gotten some mixed reviews (largely due to being served warm). However, I saw the juice container and it was definitely being stored in ice. This was refreshing and perfect for the hot weather - 5/5."

"Brazil was next."

Menu

"I chose the scallops. After ordering, I requested a special stamp (to complement my Singapore stamp from yesterday)." ;)

"This dish gets a 5/5 from me. We have quite a few Brazilian friends in NY, and the flavor profiles (especially the tomato, hearts of palm, and white rice) reminded me of meals I've enjoyed in their homes."

Singapore

"Then I returned to Singapore to try my first (and currently last) drink of the festival. It's one of the only drinks I'd read a lot about, and it sounded 'interesting' - the Singapore Sling."

"After taking a sip, I initially thought that it was surprisingly fruity. However, each sip became progressively more difficult. It was fun to try once (since it's apparently so 'infamous'), but once was enough. Score: probably a negative number."

"While working on my Singapore Sling, I stopped at Africa to try another food item."

"The spinach and paneer cheese pocket initially wasn't on my radar - I was worried it would be like an Indian-inspired hot pocket."

"However, the flavors were definitely bold (even though the spice level wasn't overwhelming). I thought this was delicious and a great portion for the price - 5/5."

"On my way around the world, I stopped to take an updated menu picture in Germany."

"Sommerfest has added some interesting savory options (although the choices are still sparse if you don't eat meat)."

-to be continued in next post-

6 October Game Points Earned + 13 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc. pics

jodiwgirl also is awarded 1 October/November Game Point

DonaldDoleWhip continued, "Next, I returned to...

"The craisin bread pudding was delicious and had a great citrusy flavor - 5/5."

"Nearby, I stopped at...

"This booth is full of interesting visuals."

"The Florida shrimp ceviche was very nice, but somewhat simple for a ceviche - it gets a 4/5."

"Against my better judgment, I decided to try some sushi in..."

Menu

"The spicy hand roll was fine, just not exceptional. 3/5"

"Spice Road Table in Morocco is rapidly nearing completion."

"Belgium was next."

Menu

"The Belgian waffle with berry compote was wonderful. The waffle was fresh and had a darker color than typical frozen waffles. The whipped cream wasn't necessary (I actually scraped it off) - the waffle and berries were good enough on their own. 5/5"

"This was a very successful round of Food & Wine sampling. Only two items disappointed me - the Singapore Sling (which was completely expected so I don't mind) and the sushi (which wasn't bad, but also wasn't great). Everything else was a winner!"

"I made one more stop in World Showcase - if you've been following my recent updates, you won't be surprised where it was."

"The details in this place are perfect."

"An updated menu (showing prices of the new sandwiches):"

Display case

"The chocolate macaron ice cream sandwiches were looking great...

...as was the pineapple sorbet.

"Since the macaron was still fresh in my mind, I decided to get the pineapple sorbet (along with mango). The luscious mango and refreshing pineapple sorbets were both excellent - 5/5!"

5 October Game Points Earned + 15 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc. pics

I'll give it a try!!

1 - Arielle71- be our guest
2 - Smiling Cheshire Cat- via napoli
3 - Li Li- California Grill
4 - DonaldDoleWhip- ( we already know its the food booths :))
5 - gracefulskinny- landscape of flavors
6 - DisneyDreamerMN- Wolfgang puck express\Ghirardelli
7 - LIBLULA- travel update
8 - jerseytinkerbell- Sci FI
9 - Merida34-3D Dessert discovery party

My Guesses..

1. Landscape of Flavors- LiLi
2. California Grill - LIBLULA
3. Sci-Fi - Gracefulskinny
4. F&W Booths - Mr. DDW
5. Wolfgang Puck Express, Ghiradhelli - Jersey Tinker Bell
6. Via Napoli - Merida34
7. 3D Dessert Party - Arielle71
8. Travel Update - DisneyDreamerMN
9. BOG- Smiling Cheshire Cat

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: HoneyPooh72 :cheer2:

HoneyPooh72 will be at Disneyland from 10/14 - 10/16 and she has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, HoneyPooh72!!! :cool1:

Only two people (jodiwgirl & smile4stamps) correctly guessed that Arielle71 reported from the 3D Dessert Party which she attended on Friday night.

And so for our First Update of the Day (yesterday), here is Gisèle's update from the...

First the menu pics...

Then some general party pics...

"We were in the Sweets Seats section and we had a cute table for 2 in front of the stage (by the way the band was really good)."

"We started with an amuse bouche that was at our table...a goat cheese panna cotta with a parmesan tuile. It was really good!"

"Then we shared a plate of "meats", we tried salmon, tuna, proscuitto, duck liver pate, and polish sausage..."

"And we had some cheese (we though they were all great quality cheeses)..."

Popcorn...

"Now some sweets..."

"Some of offerings from the Sweet Seats section...

"A lava cake with flambeed bananas, a frozen mousse served in a dark chocolate shell and the tube is a German chocolate cake...my favorite of the evening!"

"In our section there was a bar serving many wines. DH tried many of the reds, a couple cocktails like the iced cherry capuccino that I tried, plus Baileys Kahlua, Amaretto, vodka, etc."

"We received a parting gift, here is the contents of one bag..."

"We really liked our evening and we would do it again."

5 October Game Points Earned + 12 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pic of Gisèle & DH, misc. pics, and First Update of the Day

1 October/November Game Point Awarded to both jodiwgirl & smile4stamps

That was the first of more than 20 updates which we received yesterday and the 2nd of the 9 which were featured in the Matching Game. That leaves 7 matches and game points still available, so if you haven't done so already...Get your guesses in (especially if you are one of our past or future October/November reporters). ;)

Seeing no more guesses, let's move on to our third featured update, which was correctly matched to its reporter by both smile4stamps and Cheshirecatattack.

The next update received yesterday morning was a travel update from DisneyDreamerMN.

She said, "Good morning Barb. We are currently at the airport waiting for our flight to board. I had a cranberry scone, which was really dry. DH had a chocolate muffin, which he said was pretty good."

1 October Game Point Earned

1 October/November Game Point Awarded to both Cheshirecatattack and smile4stamps

No one has correctly matched LIBLULA to the location featured in the first update of her trip...

Here's what they had...

"Arancini...very good, we could have ate 6 more!!"

"Large signature pizza...can't remember the name. If had cheese, tomatoes ad broccolini. We added red peppers. Delicious!!! Enough for 3 - 4 people. We couldn't finish it." :)

2 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pic

LIBLULA also sent another great update yesterday, this one from the Polynesian's...

Here's what they had...

"Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll...best thing we have eaten so far!!"

"My daughter had the Pan Asian Noodles...she loved it! Large portion."

"I had the Teriyaki New York Strip...delicious!!"

And for dessert...

"Apple Tart with Bacon Caramel Crisp...YUMMY!!!"

"This was the first time eating at the Cafe, would definitely eat here again!"

LIBULA also sent these bonus pics from Fantasyland's "Under the Sea" ride...

3 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

Next in yesterday morning were a couple of updates from Li Li, the first one from their breakfast at POR's...

Riverside Mill

Here's what they had...

Breakfast Power Wrap with Egg Whites, Turkey Sausage, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, Mushrooms, Spinach, and Feta in a Spinach Tortilla

Nigel said, "Pretty tasty but this place is a zoo!" :upsidedow

3 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Nigel

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GET IN THE GAME!!! :thumbsup2

Here are the featured locations that are yet to be posted:

1 - Landscape of Flavors
2 - California Grill
3 - Sci - Fi
4 - Wolfgang Puck Express, Ghirardelli
5 - Be our Guest

And here are the reporters who sent these updates:

1 - Smiling Cheshire Cat
2 - Li Li
3 - gracefulskinny
4 - jerseytinkerbell
5 - Merida34

Now it's up to you to match the reporter with the location of their update. Each correct match will receive 1 October/November Game Point.

After their breakfast at POR, Li Li and Nigel went to Downtown Disney yesterday and sent us this snack update.

Chocolate-covered rice krispie treat

"Check out this huge Krispie cake!"

Then next was an adult beverage update...

"Harp and Guinness"

2 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter