No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

We also received a dinner update from Gisèle (Arielle71) last nght.

She and her DH park hopped over to DHS for dinner at...

"I had the PB&J milkshake and fried chicken with green beans."

"DH had a root beer with the fried chicken and corn."

"We shared a cupcake that our great server Eric brought."

2 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

1. Travel Update - Niki Andiokno
2. River Roost Lounge - Li Li
3. Akershus - Mindy2k3
4 Discover of chocolate - jerseytinkerbell
5 Wolfgang Puck Express - gracefulskinny
6 Raglan Road - DonaldDoleWhip
7 Monsieur Paul - Arielle71
8 Grand Floridian Cafe - Smiling Cheshire Cat
9 Ohana - HoneyPooh72
10 Sweet Sundays - Meridia34
11 Riverside Mill - DisneyDreamerMN

Next in last night was this update from Rachael (Gracefulskinny).

She said, "Back at our resort and having a late dinner at...

Riverside Mill

"We are very pleased with this meal and would both order it again. DH had the tuna sandwich and I had the Create your own Pasta."

3 October Game Points Earned

I kept looking and looking at the Cali Grill reports, trying to tell myself there had to be a mistake.....they REALLY took the Valrhona Chocolate Cake off the menu, didn't they? :(

One last update and then it's time for me to call it a night.

DonaldDoleWhip returned to the Food & Wine Festival booths again on Friday and sent us this report.

He said, "From MK, I headed back to Epcot to continue sampling Food & Wine items. I started with..."

Menu

"The escargots get a 5/5 - they were delicious with the garlic and slightly crispy brioche."

"The crème brûlée gets a 4/5 - it was prepared well and definitely tasted like chocolate milk."

"Morocco was next."

Menu

"I chose the baklava. Baklava seems easy to mess up, as I've often had versions that are too dry, too 'saturated' in liquid, too sweet, etc. This one was perfect - 5/5 for sure!"

"After that, I stopped at..."

"The zapiekanki was interesting - it reminded me of a thick-crust pizza with some extra tanginess from the ketchup. 4/5 - it's a solid option (and great portion for the price)."

"China was also on my list."

"The mango silk ice cream ribbon was probably the biggest disappointment of the festival - I liked the fluffy texture, but there wasn't a strong mango flavor (especially compared to the mango sorbet at L'Artisan des Glaces). 1/5"

"I also got the lychee aerated water. It tasted good, but most of it ended up in the trash (along with the mango ice cream) after I read the nutrition facts and ingredients on the can. Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss!"

"Mexico was a more successful stop."

"The booth has some beautiful details on it."

"I chose the rice pudding. It was creamy and full of flavor from the cinnamon and raisins. 5/5"

"Finally, I returned to Terra."

"The trick'n chick'n curry was spicy and satisfying (and yes, it really did taste like chicken). 4/5"

"One last pic - Le Cellier's current menu."

8 October Game Points Earned + 11 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc pics

Hello all! My name is Kathy and I am headed to Disney from 10/15-10/20 with my dad, sister Mary (mare1203) and my boyfriend Jeff. This is my first time sending to the live thread so we'll see how successful I am. The last time we were in Disney was a short trip for the Princess Half Marathon and I am very excited to be headed back (so excited I am currently listening to Sorcerers Radio on my phone to finish homework lol). We usually try to go to to Disney once or twice a year.

Dad and Mary

My boyfriend Jeff and I

Mary lives in Arizona and is taking the red eye and arriving earlier than the rest of us, so she might be able to get some early food pics! This will also be a fun trip because it is my boyfriends second time coming to Disney, but I'm going to count it as his first because his first time was when he was a teenager and he only remembers some of it. He has had to listen to me talk about Disney almost non stop since we started dating. In fact almost 90% of the time he asks me what I am doing it is either disboards, or disunplugged (which I just recently got into), or just Disney in general.

The main reason for our trip is Food & Wine Festival, but we couldn’t resist trying a few new places along the way. Rose & Crown, Sanaa, and Artist Point are all new to us. We are staying at the Beach Club to be close to F&W (yes we based our decision on where to stay because of the proximity to food).

Let's try for round 2, since I struck out last time!

1 - Arielle71 - Sweet Sundays
2 - Smiling Cheshire Cat
3 - Li Li - River Roost Lounge
4 - DonaldDoleWhip - Monsieur Paul
5 - gracefulskinny - 'Ohana
6 - DisneyDreamerMN - Riverside Mill
7 - Niki Andiokno - Travel Update
8 - jerseytinkerbell - WPE
9 - HoneyPooh72 - Raglan Road
10 - Mindy2k3 - GFC
11 - Merida34 - Akershus

I'll play!

Travel - Niki Andiokno
River Roost -HoneyPooh72
Akershus - Mindy 2K3
Discover Chocolate - jerseytinkerbell
Wolfgang Puck Express - GracefulSkinny
Raglan Road - Smiling Cheshire Cat
Monsieur Paul - DonaldDoleWhip
Grand Floridian Cafe - Merida34
Ohana - DisneyDreamerMN
Sweet Sundays - Arielle71
Riverside - Li Li

I wanna play along!

1. Travel Update- Niki Andiokno
2. River Roost Lounge- HoneyPooh72
3. Akershus- Mindy2k3
4. Discovery of Chocolate- jerseytinkerbelle
5. Wolfgang Puck Express- gracefullyskinny
6. Raglan Road- DisneyDreamerMN
7. Monsieur Paul- DDW
8. Grand Floridian Cafe- Merida
9. Ohana- Smiling Cheshire Cat
10. Sweet Sundays- Arielle71
11. Riverside Mill- Li Li

Here are my guesses for this time around!

1 - Travel Update - HoneyPooh72
2 - River Roost Lounge - Li Li
3 - Akershus - Smiling Cheshire Cat
4 - Discovery of Chocolate (F & W Fest event) - Mindy2K3
5 - Wolfgang Puck Express
6 - Raglan Road - Niko Andiokno
7 - Monsieur Paul - Mr. DDW
8 - Grand Floridian Cafe - jerseytinkerbell
9 - 'Ohana - gracefulskinny
10 - Sweet Sundays (F & W Fest event) - Arielle71
11 - Riverside Mill - Merida34

Am I reading correctly? Did DDW go from Epcot, to MK, to Poly, back to Epcot, in the same morning? What craziness is that? He must enjoy the monorail a looooooot more than I do! :laughing:

And here's my next set of guesses...none of them educated! :laughing:

Travel Update: HoneyPooh72
River Roost Lounge: DisneyDreamerMN
Akershus: Merida34
Discovery of Chocolate: jerseytinkerbell
Wolfgang Puck Express: Mindy2k3
Raglan Road: DonaldDoleWhip
Monsieur Paul: Smiling Cheshire Cat
Grand Floridian Cafe: Li Li
'Ohana: Niki Andiokno
Sweet Sundays (F & W Fest event): Arielle71
Riverside Mill: gracefulskinny

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are the reporting team of...

:cheer2: kanadar & mare1203 :cheer2:

Kathy and her sister, Mary (mare1203)
- See Post 286 for pics of the rest of their group -

Kathy & Mary will be at Disneyworld from 10/15 - 10/20 and they have volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Kathy & Mary!!! :cool1:

12 October Bonus Points Awarded

Good morning everyone! :wave2: I first want to compliment our dozen or so reporters for the fantastic job that they did this weekend. :cheer2: On Saturday they sent us 25 updates and yesterday we received another 22!!! And even more amazing is that with nearly 50 updates for the weekend, there are very few duplicate locations. :thumbsup2

I'm off on my morning walk now, but when I return I will try to finish up with Saturday's updates. I believe I have just 4 more to post and 3 of them are featured in the Matching Game #2 (see Post 271). So if you haven't already posted your guesses, you have about an hour to do so. ;)

Ok, let's finish up with Saturday's updates, starting with one from Li Li. Three people (jodiwgirl, Poohs100AcreWood, & smile4stamps) correctly matched Li Li to a report from POR's...

River Roost Lounge

She and Nigel had dinner there on Saturday and here is what they had...

N'Orleans Nachos topped with Chili and Cheddar accompanied with jalapenos, sour cream and salsa

Prime Rib Sliders with caramelized onions, blue cheese crumble, horseradish sauce, watercress, and Cajun Potato Chips

"There were three prime rib sliders but we dug in before pics! The sliders were very yummy!"

They also had these drinks...

Habanero Lime Margarita

Abita Amber

5 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu

jodiwgirl, Poohs100AcreWood, & smile4stamps each receive 1 October/November Game point

Am I reading correctly? Did DDW go from Epcot, to MK, to Poly, back to Epcot, in the same morning? What craziness is that? He must enjoy the monorail a looooooot more than I do! :laughing:
Technically, I only rode the monorail once. ;) Took the monorail from Epcot to TTC, then walked to Poly, then took a boat to MK (the pics of GF and Poly's beach are from the boat dock), then took a bus back to Yacht Club and walked into Epcot via the International Gateway. :thumbsup2

DDW, try your Iced Green Tea with no water. It's even more delicious and refreshing!

Jill in CO
Thanks for the tip! I've always thought that their iced teas aren't the strongest, but I had no idea there was a way to change that. Will definitely try out the "no water" request the next time I go to a Starbucks!

Technically, I only rode the monorail once. ;) Took the monorail from Epcot to TTC, then walked to Poly, then took a boat to MK (the pics of GF and Poly's beach are from the boat dock), then took a bus back to Yacht Club and walked into Epcot via the International Gateway. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip! I've always thought that their iced teas aren't the strongest, but I had no idea there was a way to change that. Will definitely try out the "no water" request the next time I go to a Starbucks!

We always go through the International Gateway as well unless our goal is rides up front!

And yes! Very easy to get stronger tea at Sturbucks! We get ours no water, no sweetner and its perfect then! Otherwise I agree... WAY too weak!

Boy did I have a lot of updates to catch up on
It's great seeing all the F&W updates and some positive reviews of CG
Aargh - I didn't think it is physically possible to get more excited for my December trip than I already am !! :cheer2:

Next in on Saturday evening was a travel update from a reporter who is on her way to Disneyland. Both smile4stamps and BlovesC correctly matched this update to HoneyPooh72.

She said, "We are at my brother's in Simi Valley, CA. We went to Malibu to play at the beach and have lunch. The place was super fun, so while they are not Disney related, I thought I would sent the pictures."

"Our lunch was at...

"The view from the table...

"My fish and chips...

"My brother's tuna sandwich...

"My husband's pacific red snapper and a bay shrimp and crab cocktail...

"My younger son's shrimp and fries...

"My older son and nephew both had chicken strips and fries, but I was not quick enough with the camera."

1 October Bonus Point for travel update

1 October Game Point for both smile4stamps & BlovesC

I'm going to try and get the last two updates from Saturday posted during my lunch break. These are both from DonaldDoleWhip and the first is from a location featured in our Matching Game #2. Four people (kanadar, mare1203, Poohs100AcreWood, and smile4stamps) correctly guessed that DonaldDoleWhip dined at...

DDW said, "Like California Grill, this was another place we were worried about. Still, we wanted to try Monsieur Paul eventually, and since we were using the DxDP (and spending a lot of time in Epcot), this seemed like the perfect opportunity."

Menu

"The dining room contains some unexpected purple and pink accents."

"Our meal began with the amuse bouche - a simple cheese puff. This was a pleasant and light start to the meal."

"We also chose some multigrain bread from the bread basket. It's nice that they provide a selection here (the other options included a baguette, poppyseed bread, and something with bacon and mushrooms)."

"Before I get to the appetizers, I have to say this - they were both beyond perfect."

"My mom started with the Maine lobster. She absolutely loved the flavor of the lobster with the creamy broth and earthy mushrooms, and there was a generous portion of lobster meat. Even though this dish has a high price tag ($29), my mom said it would've been worth it OOP. After taking a bite, I agreed."

"I chose a dish that I hadn't seen on any online menus - the tuna tartare. This was perfectly prepared, even comparing well to versions I've had at other French restaurants. From the briny capers to the warm potato and quail egg on the side, every component in this dish was perfection."

"For our main courses, we stuck with the seafood once again. My mom went with the red snapper in potato scales, and she was extremely happy with her choice. Not only was the fish perfectly cooked, but the rosemary sauce and fennel were intense and delicious."

"I chose the seared scallops. This was another great dish, and hidden underneath the foamy goodness was an array of flavorful accompaniments."

"Finally, dessert."

"My mom chose the 'chocolate bar' and loved it - I tried some and agreed that it was amazing. For a chocolate cake, it was full of unique flavors and textures, from the nutty praline to the passion fruit ganache (which was almost reminiscent of caramel)."

"I chose "la tarte aux agrumes", which was a citrus-based dessert. Again, I loved it. Thanks to the citrus segments and yuzu sorbet on top, this dessert was delightfully refreshing."

"I also enjoyed some green tea at the end of the meal, while my mom had a cappuccino."

"Our dinner at Monsieur Paul was perfect. Not only did we receive great service from Yann, but the food won both of us over. In fact, I'm still dreaming of the tuna tartare and both desserts! My mom says that Monsieur Paul is now her clear favorite restaurant in WDW, and it's also a new favorite of mine - it's interesting to think we were hesitant to try this place. Now, we can't wait to return!"

10 October Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. pic

kanadar, mare1203, Poohs100AcreWood, and smile4stamps are all awarded 1 October/November Game Point each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter