*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

The best way to see them all is go into the app, go to "attractions" and filter it by "Fastpass." Then go to the list view. It's a very convenient picture of the FP options and availability. Of course, if you look right now, you'll be horrified because today is BUSY and very little is left.
This is awesome! Did not know to filter them like that. So helpful!

I purchased 3day hopper with MaxPass before the price increases. It is looking likely that our plans may need to adjust to two partial days in park along with two full ones. If we do add a day to the tickets while there will I have to pay for MaxPass when I add the day to the tickets? Or, if I can only add a day and not MaxPass would I be able to choose which three days I use the use MaxPass on or would it automatically be the first three days? Hope this makes sense.

I've done the comp tickets. As soon as you scan into the parks, then scan them into the app. Once in the app, if you have a CC loaded in the app, it should take just seconds to buy MP.

I'm confused now. I got one day comp tickets from my cast member daughter and was able to enter them into the app. Is there a problem doing that?

I’ve managed to get so many cancellations already yesterday and today, if you don’t like the look of the times, just go in and out a few times and more likely than not, something earlier will appear.

Great thread.

We have used max pass our last two years visiting and loved it! I especially loved being able to book them during an afternoon break. My daughter and I would also benefit from my husband and son declining to return in the evening or leaving early and we would have double the fast passes. This time around though it’ll just be the two of us but at least we got them at the old price through the CDN ticket promotion.

I am overwhelmed. I have never been, have 1 day to spend here (Saturday in September) and my head is spinning. Ahhhhh.
September is far away! Get the app downloaded if you don’t have it and get familiar with the rides and where they are. If you have just one day, you’ll have to pick a few top priorities, so figure out what those are, and then plan accordingly. Ask any questions here. Have fun!
How do you refresh to find canceled fast passes when you have maxpass? Do you have to be constantly on your phone to get them?
I mean, you often have to spend a few minutes refreshing to get something good, but it’s not really “constant” since you only do it when you’re eligible to book a new FP.

I am overwhelmed. I have never been, have 1 day to spend here (Saturday in September) and my head is spinning. Ahhhhh.
Relax! As the pp said, you have plenty of time to practice getting used to the using the app and using MP. And there are lots of tutorial videos on YouTube, so you can watch other people using MP and learn from them, too!

Some examples of cancelled fastpasses in DCA today.
I scanned in for Grizzly River Run and immediately booked another for a return 5 mins later. This meant we could do it twice in a row with no wait when the standby was 60 mins and the regular return times were an hour out.

Guardians fastpasses were all gone for a while, I got one for 5:15 at 5pm.

From what I can tell, the bulk of cancellations would have been for those fastpasses booked within the last 90 mins and therefore preventing them booking another fastpass.

My family of 7 went to Disneyland yesterday.

It was my first time having a group like that, but I managed the MP just fine. I'm am AP along with my wife and I just selected add ticket to my group for MP, scanned their ticket and inputted their names. Super easy.

Now obviously it's presidents week so it was super crowded. MP helped us at least get on everything once. I was worried we couldn't get on the matterhorn because the FP return time was 9pm (we wernt staying past 8) and it was only 2pm

But then a few hours later I checked MP again and there was a FP for matterhorn at 4:25pm. So some people had canceled theirs.

Love when that happens.

Is there a thread someone can link me to that will explain stacking FPs for the evening?

Is there a thread someone can link me to that will explain stacking FPs for the evening?
No but it’s pretty simple. I did it yesterday. Left the park around midday and throughout the afternoon booked Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain and Autopia, all had return times at around 8-10pm so it worked well!

I don't have a link specific to that but we have done it several times. I do this when we leave for an afternoon break or you can do it when you are still at the park. I book a fast pass for when I know we will be back at the park and then I set a timer to alert me when the time will be for me to book my next fast pass. At that time I book one that will be available after we would have already been able to ride the first fast pass. Set timer again. Rinse, repeat until back to the park. This is normally fairly easy to do as the fast pass windows tend to get later and later for the rides as the afternoon/evening go by - however, you can find yourself unexpectedly being able to book a cancelled fastpass for a ride that will fit in between two you already have - which is a nice bonus!!

Hope that helps some.

I don't have a link specific to that but we have done it several times. I do this when we leave for an afternoon break or you can do it when you are still at the park. I book a fast pass for when I know we will be back at the park and then I set a timer to alert me when the time will be for me to book my next fast pass. At that time I book one that will be available after we would have already been able to ride the first fast pass. Set timer again. Rinse, repeat until back to the park. This is normally fairly easy to do as the fast pass windows tend to get later and later for the rides as the afternoon/evening go by - however, you can find yourself unexpectedly being able to book a cancelled fastpass for a ride that will fit in between two you already have - which is a nice bonus!!

Hope that helps some.
To piggyback on the original question, when doing this, aren't you limited by the 90 minute window to get your next FP? In which case, you could only expect to stack two FPs during a 3-hour break, correct?

To piggyback on the original question, when doing this, aren't you limited by the 90 minute window to get your next FP? In which case, you could only expect to stack two FPs during a 3-hour break, correct?
Yes, in three hours you’d book two FPs. Depending when your break is and when you’re heading back to the park (not to mention how FP return times are moving that day, which is highly variable), you may already have additional late afternoon/evening FPs waiting from earlier in the day.

Reactions: EmJ
No but it’s pretty simple. I did it yesterday. Left the park around midday and throughout the afternoon booked Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain and Autopia, all had return times at around 8-10pm so it worked well!
I want to do this! Thanks!

Hope that helps some.
OK - so we plan to break at 4:30 and return at 7:00. I'm just confused (in my A Type brain), at what time I should start looking to book that 7:00 FP. The system is just very fuzzy to me. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter