No luck getting on the GOG que in the morning

tiggerunner

Mouseketeer
I haven’t had any luck getting on the que in the morning. I’ve never had an issue before and since I’m at the Swan I even went over to Boardwalk a few mornings. It’s not really busy, but wondering if I have any chance one more morning? Thanks for any advice.😀

make sure you have 4g/5g on since it's infinitely faster than any wifi at the resort. You have to literally be on exactly the moment it drops so prepare. Use the provided refresh button to refresh the current offerings

I was also unable at the resorts (on WiFi) - I didn't realize that the VQ went so fast. I had the same issue with TRON.

Both were easily available via $ILL (which we gladly did 2x for TRON and 4x for GOG) but, surprised that VQ was so "competitive" and unavailable within a few seconds.

What about the 1 pm drop? Is that time any easier to get?
I think it was easier to get during the era of hopping restrictions and park reservations. Since you were not allowed to hop until 2 P.M., it eliminated a bunch of guests from being at Epcot during the 1 o'clock mark. Right now anyone can enter Epcot and try for the 1P.M. drop.

I think it was easier to get during the era of hopping restrictions and park reservations. Since you were not allowed to hop until 2 P.M., it eliminated a bunch of guests from being at Epcot during the 1 o'clock mark. Right now anyone can enter Epcot and try for the 1P.M. drop.
That makes sense.

Today according to Thrill Data the VQ lasted until 1:24, there shouldn't have been any issues getting in. However, on the 20th and 21st (Saturday and Sunday) it lasted under a minute. Seems like it's partly a weekend issue.

And this is why we've changed from a multi-trip a year family to maybe once every few years. You can justify what Disney has done all you want but in the end - they've made a trip a far more frustrating experience overall which requires significantly more effort (and a hell of a lot more money) to simply do what we were able to do years ago. It's one thing to raise prices as they're improving the guest experience - it's another to keep doing so while continually degrading it. (And I say this from someone who has generally been extremely successful in getting pretty much every VQ we've ever tried for, getting on 10+ genie rides per day . . . it's just I used to be able to do so without all the stress).

I definitely think that people are deciding which parks to go to depending on which VQ has been successful… meaning many more people just giving it a go every day rather than only those with a park res

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter