No Magic Band ?

You don’t need them. If you have a smartphone you can just use magic mobile (your tickets in your digital wallet). We find magic bands very convenient and use/like them but necessary? No.

Yes, if you're staying at a Disney resort you can get a KTTW card at the front desk that will unlock your room door and serve as your park ticket. If you're staying offsite, the CM at the first park tapstile you enter can give you a card, or you can go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations office, including the ones at DS, to get a card before you go to a park.
I have a friend who is going to Disney once with his kids. He decided it's a now or never trip since the kids are early teens....therefore, he doesn't want to buy magic bands for this one trip. So, just to confirm, the KTTW will allow guests staying on property to open the room doors, scan into parks, and scan into rides? Also, charge back to the room? Thanks for any info you can offer....

Dee

I have a friend who is going to Disney once with his kids. He decided it's a now or never trip since the kids are early teens....therefore, he doesn't want to buy magic bands for this one trip. So, just to confirm, the KTTW will allow guests staying on property to open the room doors, scan into parks, and scan into rides? Also, charge back to the room? Thanks for any info you can offer....

Dee
Yes, the KTTW card does everything a MB does except link long-distance ride photos. Anything that involves tapping will work!

I do and that is a fair point! Maybe I will connect my old MB and just use it for the pools.
I dont like wearing one but I quickly forget its there. The water is my fave use but also I dont want to be touching my phone to the entrance spots and dont want to have to have it out. same for a card..you have to dig it out to use it unless you hang it around the neck..and digging around for stuff is when Im most likely to drop something..and do! I bought the $10 nice dark purple :) older style for this trip since the new has no extras that interest me.

Is ShopDisney the only place to buy? Need to get one for a friend we are brining - fam has ones from the last trip still active.
I tried to buy via MDE but not getting that option. I think since we are staying at the Dolphin?
I was thinking we could get the friend a basic/solid color one and then he could find more once we were at the parks?

If we are going to a park on checkin day, should we stop by the front desk to get our KTTK card or go straight to the park and hope the person at the first tap will have one for us?
If you have an Apple Watch you can use your watch just like a magic band. We had one person in our party who didn't have a band or watch when we first entered. I had his magic mobile ticket and they made him a card at the tap style when we first entered. I did end up buying the basic band for the one kid as we didn't like having to pull out the phone and/or card.

I bought a rechargeable because I wanted the Minnie bows! I plugged it in overnight but only the bottom left corner is green this morning. How do I know if it fully charged? I’m not in the World so can’t test it there for a few more months.

Tia
Dee

I bought a rechargeable because I wanted the Minnie bows! I plugged it in overnight but only the bottom left corner is green this morning. How do I know if it fully charged? I’m not in the World so can’t test it there for a few more months.

Tia
Dee
It will go from flashing green to solid when it's fully charged - note they hold charge for a few days. You'll have to charge it prior to your trip and about every 2-3 days once you're actually there (and more often if you're using it for some of the features like the game in Batuu.)

okay thanks. the solid green light only in the bottom left of the square threw me. i thought the around the entire square would light up once fully charged.

dee

Tia
Dee

okay thanks. the solid green light only in the bottom left of the square threw me. i thought the around the entire square would light up once fully charged.

dee
Have you connected it to your phone\MDE app yet? Once you do that, then you can fully charge it. When the green light goes all the way around, it will be fully charged. The light will not go all the way around until after you pair it. The app will indicate the charge amount; however, it will say fully charged, even if the green light is not all the way around. Just charge it until it is all the way around. When you are not weary it, turn it off by pressing the button on the back until it beeps twice, about 6 seconds. A red light will come on around the circle, and then it will power off.

Have you connected it to your phone\MDE app yet? Once you do that, then you can fully charge it. When the green light goes all the way around, it will be fully charged. The light will not go all the way around until after you pair it. The app will indicate the charge amount; however, it will say fully charged, even if the green light is not all the way around. Just charge it until it is all the way around. When you are not weary it, turn it off by pressing the button on the back until it beeps twice, about 6 seconds. A red light will come on around the circle, and then it will power off.
Thank you! Where did you find these directions? I clearly missed something along the way. I did pair it, but haven't charged it since so I'm going to plug it in now. Thanks again for this info...turning it off....I definitely missed how to do that too somewhere along the line :)

Dee

Thank you! Where did you find these directions? I clearly missed something along the way. I did pair it, but haven't charged it since so I'm going to plug it in now. Thanks again for this info...turning it off....I definitely missed how to do that too somewhere along the line :)

Dee
There are no directions with the bands, except a QR code on the package and on the website explaining the connection process. I was having problems getting ours to pair, after charging it. I was doing some searching on the internet and asking friends who have them. Once I finally got mine to pair, I could see that the charge light indication had changed. Everything/everyone said the light would go all the way around, which it did once it paired and was fully charged. As part of this process, I discovered info about resetting the band, which explained the button on the back and the different beep indications. If you hold it down even longer, like 22 seconds, it will beep 3 times and reset. Even my friends who live in Orlando and use theirs didn’t know about turning it off. It’s the stupidest thing I have ever seen when it comes to instructions. Hope it helps.

There are no directions with the bands, except a QR code on the package and on the website explaining the connection process. I was having problems getting ours to pair, after charging it. I was doing some searching on the internet and asking friends who have them. Once I finally got mine to pair, I could see that the charge light indication had changed. Everything/everyone said the light would go all the way around, which it did once it paired and was fully charged. As part of this process, I discovered info about resetting the band, which explained the button on the back and the different beep indications. If you hold it down even longer, like 22 seconds, it will beep 3 times and reset. Even my friends who live in Orlando and use theirs didn’t know about turning it off. It’s the stupidest thing I have ever seen when it comes to instructions. Hope it helps.
Definitely helps!!! Thanks. One would think a little booklet with this info would be included. Appreciate you taking the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter