• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Magic Bands, no physical tickets - how to get in?

ontheuptick

Mouseketeer
I just realized, we are staying offsite in a few days and purchased tickets through the Disney website - so we didn’t get any physical tickets in the form of a card. We also have misplaced our big box of magic bands.

is there a way to use our tickets without having to buy a new magic band for everyone in our party?

How much do Magic Bands cost? I’m assuming we could go to Disney Springs the night before our first park day and buy some bands, and then have the guest services at Disney Springs link then to our account?

How much do Magic Bands cost? I’m assuming we could go to Disney Springs the night before our first park day and buy some bands, and then have the guest services at Disney Springs link then to our account?

Plain colored ones are about $15 each and you can link them yourself in the MDE app.

If you buy them, you can link them yourself. They are anywhere from $15-25 each.

If you buy them ahead of your trip through the MDE app, you can get them at a discount! I believe solid colors are only $5

I would stop at the ticket window prior to entering your first park and they’ll probably be able to print a KTTW card for you.
ugg for the without old bands. that line won't be out of control or anything. I would spend the money on bands just to avoid that regardless of cost. . . what about front desks at hotels. . . used to be able to get them there way way back.

Just go directly to the park gate. Have your ticket numbers available (on a phone screen will be fine.)
They will issue each of you a (free) plastic RFID ticket as you enter.
very cool to know for others. . .

So if you’re staying offsite, cause we are too, you can still order and use the magic bands. i assumed you had to be staying on property that’s so awesome

If you are considering going to DS the night before you could probably get the plastic cards from guest services then.

If you decide to wait and go to guest services at the park I would leave plenty of time for this as it can get quite lined up in the morning. Our last visit with my parents we had to prove our Canadian citizenship at Guest Services to activate our Canadian discount tickets snd it took almost 40 mins to go through the line then show our passports at guest services.

This is my understanding too. I don’t think the discounted MagicBands are offered to off-site guests.
ok i was just looking on the app and they show 14.99 each which is still nice. but we can’t link a charge card to it unless staying in disney resort. we are offsite so trying to figure out if we want them

We stayed off site during our trip earlier in December, and the only two things we used our magic bands for were tapping into the park at the entrance, and then tapping in for our Rise of the Resistance boarding group. If I didn't already have some, I would just get a free card - since you can't use it for fast pass at the moment, it's really not worth paying for.

Just go directly to the park gate. Have your ticket numbers available (on a phone screen will be fine.)
They will issue each of you a (free) plastic RFID ticket as you enter.

My daughter and friend are going next week and are in the same boat- bought ticket online but no card- will they issue it to you as you scan your phone to get in or do you have to go to guest services?

I expect the guest services in Disney Springs can help with printing tickets

My daughter and friend are going next week and are in the same boat- bought ticket online but no card- will they issue it to you as you scan your phone to get in or do you have to go to guest services?

It's exactly as Robo wrote.

Show the ticket # on the phone, and they will give them a ticket card at the entrance touchpoint.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter