• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Magic Bands or 60 day FP for Swan Guests?

DisneyPrince1982

DIS Veteran
I've booked my Swan reservation and successfully linked it to MDE. I bought 3 day tickets through WDW on MDE so those are linked as well.

Couple problems though? It's not giving me the option to customize my bands, it's just showing a card picture but no customization options.

Also, when I go to FP+ selections, it's only giving me a calendar availability of 30 days, not 60 days like I thought Swan/Dolphin guests received.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Okay so I called and apparently Swan guests only get the Tickets, not the bands, so that's fine.

But with regards to the FP+ window, the rep said I can book 60 days out but I can't do it on my own. I have to call the Internet Help Desk and have them set up my FP options at 60 days. Is this true? That would be a pain if accurate.

I'm staying at the Swan in November and I was able to get my FP+ at 60 days out. I did it all online myself. Are you sure the reservation and the tickets are linked properly?

And as you found out there are no Magic Bands for Swan or Dolphin guests. You can buy them and link your ticket. I think the cheapest magic bands are $12.95.

I'm staying at the Swan in November and I was able to get my FP+ at 60 days out. I did it all online myself. Are you sure the reservation and the tickets are linked properly?

I mean, how can I tell if they're linked correctly? To me, it looks fine. My hotel shows up, the Swan, with accurate check-in and check-out dates. And then my 3 day ticket shows up just fine as well.

Did you try looking at your FP availability calendar before 60 day point? How far out could you go?

When is your trip? Because FPs will not show until the 60th day.

Well it's not till Dec 11. However, if I click on FP+ reservations, it does show me a calendar with blue dates for the next 30 days. So I'm aware I can't book yet, but why does the calendar allow me to book now for the next 30 days but not the next 60 since I have a linked hotel and ticket reservation? It's weird.

Well it's not till Dec 11. However, if I click on FP+ reservations, it does show me a calendar with blue dates for the next 30 days. So I'm aware I can't book yet, but why does the calendar allow me to book now for the next 30 days but not the next 60 since I have a linked hotel and ticket reservation? It's weird.

Anyone with a valid ticket can book 30 days out so that is why you can book FP now for the next 30 days.

The website won't assume that your tickets have to be used during your hotel reservation. You have tickets which if you showed up tomorrow you could use - that is why your "30 day" window is open.

Assuming what other posters have said about Swan being eligible at 60 days when you get to 60 days out that window should open up.

Okay thanks all. Will check at 60 and cross my fingers. Although, since I don't need A&E or 7D, I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter.

Okay thanks all. Will check at 60 and cross my fingers. Although, since I don't need A&E or 7D, I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter.
Don't worry it will:) Our trip is next month and the site always does that, the 1st time I saw it, it also threw me for a loop.

Last edited:
I didn't try to make reservations until my 60 day mark. On the 60 day mark I went in and made all my FP+'s, easy peasy. As others have said your ticket is valid from when you link it so that is why you can make 30 day fp right now.

I had the same issue - literally at 12midnight at the 60th day it switched from a 30 day window to a 60 day window.

Hi all, checking into the Swan in 18 days! First time there. Very excited about our trip. Can someone give me an idea of the best and quickest breakfast options at the Swan. I'm traveling with my two kids - 5 and 7, and my parents.

Also, do the buses to MK stop at Dolphin or Swan first? Is waiting at one or the other more beneficial? Thanks!!

We had some online issues with 1 of our 3 reservations last Friday; our window opened at 12am on Sat. so hence a call to Disney was needed. We had a very knowledgeable gentleman CM who explained to my DIL & I that even though we had purchased tickets for 6 days those tickets are not actually linked to our pkgs. until 12am 60 days out. He did fix all of DIL's online issues and was extremely helpful as well as a delight.

For Swan there is a small coffee/snack area near the back entrance to the hotel for quick breakfast options. The quick service place is over in the Dolphin if you want a bigger selection. The buses actually stop at BWI first, then Swan, then Dolphin. We went in September and never had an issue getting a seat in the morning. For the boats, it can sometimes be faster to walk over to BWI if you just missed the boat for Epcot or if you don't want as long of a wait. The walk isn't that far. We would often get off at BWI when coming back from Epcot if we didn't want to walk the entire way.

Can you use Magic Bands from a previous trip and link those to your park passes / fast passes while staying at the Dolphin or Swan?

We are staying at the Dolphin shortly, we were able to make 60 day FPP no problem. We didn't bother linking our magic bands from previous trips but we were told we could do that, or we could wait until we got down to the resort and either buy new ones or link them then. To me there is nothing really special about the magic band after you've had them for a trip.

Tom

Can you use Magic Bands from a previous trip and link those to your park passes / fast passes while staying at the Dolphin or Swan?

Your MagicBands are linked to your MDE so as long as your tickets are on the same MDE you can use them. There is nothing more to link. If you look at my MDE I have 16 MagicBands linked to it. I've been offsite lots of trips and always use my MagicBands and change them out different days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter