No Masks Outdoors 5/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you guys never learn. Now that the thread has moved on from discussing the outdoor mandate being lifted at Disney it’s just another redundant mask thread with all personal opinion about mask wearing, choice, blah blah. Take it to the community board. But I’m sure this thread won’t last much longer anyway.

Last edited:
European and UK countries, also Japan and S Korea, tend to have a much different mentality than the US. There's a little bit more of a big picture view on how things affect the country as a whole than in the US. In the US, we tend to be more self-focused. I am not saying that's always true or necessarily bad, but having traveled and known people from countries all over the world, I can see how this is different amongst them.
It's because of states' rights. We are very regional in our behavior.

Lol, you guys never learn. Now that the thread has moved on from discussing the outdoor mandate being lifted at Disney it’s just another redundant mask thread with all personal opinion about mask wearing, choice, blah blah. Take it to the community board. But I’m sure this thread won’t last much longer anyway.

Nonsense, we've clearly all been trying for days to get this debate shut down and the mods aren't biting!

Seems like data was incorrect per the Mayor, so may not be as soon as you seem to think.
5.2% and it needs to be at 5%. That can be reached by next week, as it is a running daily tally (14 day positivity rate). I look for Memorial Day to be a realistic target (for Orange County as a whole) and July 4th for Disney's implementation of a voluntary mask statement. Having July 4th be an "Independence Day from Covid" would play very well...as fireworks spring to life over World Showcase Lagoon...

Just got back from Dollywood. No mask, no problem. Social distancing, kind of like high schoolers dancing at the prom. Everyone seemed so much more relaxed and happy. There was some mask wearing, less than 1%.
Amazing what happens when given a choice.
FYI - Hershey Park (PA) has no mask requirements and is one of the largest theme parks on the east coast.

Last edited:
5.2% and it needs to be at 5%. That can be reached by next week, as it is a running daily tally (14 day positivity rate). I look for Memorial Day to be a realistic target (for Orange County as a whole) and July 4th for Disney's implementation of a voluntary mask statement. Having July 4th be an "Independence Day from Covid" would play very well...as fireworks spring to life over World Showcase Lagoon...
That I can see. Some of your posts recently have made it seem like you think it would happen like next week.

That I can see. Some of your posts recently have made it seem like you think it would happen like next week.
I do think it will happen next week for Orange County - Disney will take that opportunity to put into place their preparation for lifting masks. July 4th weekend can be a HUGE test weekend for them. Oct 1st looms large for Disney and they will not be caught flatfooted or unprepared for the 50th. The sooner the requirements are lifted and they can see how it goes, the better for them ramping things up to 100% by Oct 1st.

Oh good, this topic has been taken over by some really crazy anti-mask posts. No point in engaging there. Sigh...
I'm pretty sure there are no Anti-Mask posts. However, there are choice and fact posts...wear the mask if you want, others will choose not to, as per the science. Funny, everyone wanted the science to be the factor that we all follow - where has that cause gone now?

I'm pretty sure there are no Anti-Mask posts. However, there are choice and fact posts...wear the mask if you want, others will choose not to, as per the science. Funny, everyone wanted the science to be the factor that we all follow - where has that cause gone now?
Haven't really seen many people disagreeing with the science. But some posts seem to be implying that it should've been a choice all along, which is absurd IMO. And goes to show that it was right to not be a choice many places.

Haven't really seen many people disagreeing with the science. But some posts seem to be implying that it should've been a choice all along, which is absurd IMO. And goes to show that it was right to not be a choice many places.
When does choice become a decision between freedom or personal rights. I totally agree that there needs to be a basis for people to to understand the whys and why nots - that is supposed to be where the CDC rings in - where science is presented with facts to the public. People can make choices based on facts, unfortunately that is something that has been lagging behind politics. The facts have been there for quite some time but yet a lot of people seem to just now be surprised by them. Why is this? It's sometimes easier to have someone decide for you - at least when you don't have the facts. I choose to decide for myself, given the facts. This country was founded on choice...let's not forget that.

Why is this conversation so difficult? People inherently just want the right to choose - you have to base public safety on something and in this country we have chosen to do this through science.

Last edited:
When does choice become a decision between freedom or personal rights. I totally agree that there needs to be a basis for people to to understand the whys and why nots - that is supposed to be where the CDC rings in - where science is presented with facts to the public. People can make choices based on facts, unfortunately that is something that has been lagging behind politics. The facts have been there for quite some time but yet a lot of people seem to just now be surprised by them. Why is this? It's sometimes easier to have someone decide for you - at least when you don't have the facts. I choose to decide for myself, given the facts. This country was founded on choice...let's not forget that.
When the choice you make affects the health of others. I'll say it 100x, the fact that people think wearing a mask through the fall/winter should've been a choice is ridiculously absurd. Having the choice now, based on the science and facts, is okay by me.

When the choice you make affects the health of others. I'll say it 100x, the fact that people think wearing a mask through the fall/winter should've been a choice is ridiculously absurd. Having the choice now, based on the science and facts, is okay by me.
Again, choice by individuals based on facts and science. It's hard to argue allowing people to live their lives how they see fit, while not effecting others in a detrimental way.

Bottom line:

You don’t have to wear masks outside at Walt Disney World.

You have to wear a mask indoors and when you enter attractions at Walt Disney World.

Any other discussion is OT and should be discussed elsewhere or you’ll get the thread shut down. It doesn’t matter what your office, Dollywood, Hershey Park or whatever else is doing. It doesn’t matter whether you think masks should have been a choice all along or not. None of that has anything to do with the recent Walt Disney World policy change. Again, all of you could discuss this other stuff freely over on the theme parks community board. And maybe keep this one to Disney rumors and news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter