No Masks Outdoors 5/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, choice by individuals based on facts and science. It's hard to argue allowing people to live their lives how they see fit, while not effecting others in a detrimental way.
The science and facts support the choice now. The science and facts did not support having the choice a few months ago. Which is all I'm trying to say. So with that, I'm done.

Bottom line:

You don’t have to wear masks outside at Walt Disney World.

You have to wear a mask indoors and when you enter attractions at Walt Disney World.

Any other discussion is OT and should be discussed elsewhere and will get the thread shut down. It doesn’t matter what your office, Dollywood, Hershey Park or whatever else is doing. It doesn’t matter whether you think masks should have been a choice all along or not. None of that has anything to do with the recent Walt Disney World policy change. Again, all of you could discuss this other stuff freely over on the theme parks community board. And maybe keep this one to Disney rumors and news.
While I appreciate your attempt to take over the thread for the good of all concerned (as you see it - and I do accept the personal challenge you presented without actually naming me), I also would have know that discussions are based upon interaction with others and each post is a result of the one before it (this is a mask thread...fyi). It stands to reason that threads would evolve and though you may not like them, they will do so by nature.
Sorry, I didn't get the memo that you dictate how this thread should be resolved.
Someone should address the hierarchy of who can and can't comment. :) ...and we wonder how these threads get shut down...??? If any thread was pure fact and no speculation,, this would be a very boring and uneventful place...but then, maybe that's what we are going for? I think not. Next...(insert Pixie dust here)

Last edited:
The science and facts support the choice now. The science and facts did not support having the choice a few months ago. Which is all I'm trying to say. So with that, I'm done.
I agree - let's deal with the science as it stands - I was just stating that the science has been lagging behind the politics. It's seriously ok to disagree - it's how we all find our way to the truth. We are better for it.

Last edited:
Bottom line:

You don’t have to wear masks outside at Walt Disney World.

You have to wear a mask indoors and when you enter attractions at Walt Disney World.

Any other discussion is OT and should be discussed elsewhere or you’ll get the thread shut down. It doesn’t matter what your office, Dollywood, Hershey Park or whatever else is doing. It doesn’t matter whether you think masks should have been a choice all along or not. None of that has anything to do with the recent Walt Disney World policy change. Again, all of you could discuss this other stuff freely over on the theme parks community board. And maybe keep this one to Disney rumors and news.
To clarify, masks are also currently required when using Disney transportation (bus, boat, monorail...).

While I appreciate your attempt to take over the thread for the good of all concerned (as you see it), I also would have know that discussions are based upon interaction with others and each post is a result of the one before it. It stands to reason that threads would evolve and though you may not like them, they will do so by nature.
Sorry, I didn't get the memo that you dictate how this thread should be resolved.
Someone should address the hierarchy of who can and can't comment. :) ...and we wonder how these threads get shut down...???

Since there is no longer a mod here, this forum is now self moderated. The webmasters pop in to shut these threads down when they start going down the mask/politics rabbit hole. Which they always do. And people keep doing it anyway!

If people would just behave and stay on topic, avoid politics etc. and things that have nothing to do with Disney, these threads would stick around.

Just trying to help. There are other places on the Dis to spout off about mask choice, politics and other parks other than the Disney rumors and news forum. If you all want to just keep spiraling off the rails on these threads and inevitably have them be shut down, go right ahead. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Since there is no longer a mod here, this forum is now self moderated. Now the webmasters pop in to shut these threads down when they start going down the mask/politics rabbit hole. Which they always do. And people keep doing it anyway!

If people would just behave and stay on topic, avoid politics etc. and things that have nothing to do with Disney, these threads would stick around.

Just trying to help. There are other places on the Dis to spout off about mask choice, politics and other parks other than the Disney rumors and news forum. If you all want to just keep spiraling off the rails on these threads and inevitably have them be shut down, go right ahead. 🤷🏻‍♀️
And to your post (I am pretty sure I was just told to go silently into the night...) - if you feel you need to take the place of the Mod so be it. You don't speak for all and actually I don't think you speak -for many. People are afraid of getting a thread shut down and if it does so be it. We all get to speak...just like their should be choices for masks (This is a mask thread...). Like it or not - I won't go away...FYI - people don't help - they need the ability to speak freely.

What is behaving to you? Would that be adhering to your point of view? Hum, that seems kinda like control...again, when the Mod looks at this, who made this personal?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter