• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No moderates/values for 2/4-2/11?

Did you check the Priceline deals thread?
Nope. I actually didn’t even know there was a Priceline deals thread so we might have to check that out for the next time we are looking to go. We decided we won’t go this time though. Dh just won’t have enough vacation for it. We are already doing 3 weeks in Japan and probably some time in both gulf shores and Mississippi.

Here is the issue
February 2019

• February 1-3 - moderate surge in crowds as the National Dance Team Championship takes place
  • February 4-7 - light crowds between cheer/dance events
  • February 8-10 - moderate crowd levels during the National High School Cheerleading Championship
  • February 11-14 - break in the crowds before the long holiday weekend
  • February 15 - some crowds start to appear for the long weekend
  • February 16-19 - the heaviest crowds of President's Day Weekend
  • February 20-25 - some President's Day Weekend crowds remain and Princess Half Marathon crowds appear to make it a moderately busy time
  • February 26-28 - finishing out the month with light crowds
Yeah it's the NHSCC, in addition they do two special events Fri the 8th in DHS and Sunday the 10th in MK, so those will prob be short hours for everyone else. They can't even accommodate all the teams attending.

Yeah it's the NHSCC, in addition they do two special events Fri the 8th in DHS and Sunday the 10th in MK, so those will prob be short hours for everyone else. They can't even accommodate all the teams attending.
The cheerleaders do special events?

Those are frontier. Have you ever flown with them? They have pretty crappy customer service and the flights aren’t the best but it is definitely hard to pass up $29 flights. I think that’s why we struggle so much with going to wdw so often. We really need to just never look at the flights. I should remove myself from their email list lol

I have never flown Frontier, though I have looked into it. I've never seen flights that low for times that really work. Unfortunately, my older two kids are in school, so flying in the middle of the day in the middle of the week during the school year isn't a viable option. If we could make a weekend trip work, I'd be willing to drive to an inconvenient airport and put up with uncomfortable seats and crappy customer service. But the intersection of timing and money doesn't line up. I do realize that flights are cheap on random Tuesdays and Wednesdays precisely because most people don't want to fly then, but school comes first.

I have never flown Frontier, though I have looked into it. I've never seen flights that low for times that really work. Unfortunately, my older two kids are in school, so flying in the middle of the day in the middle of the week during the school year isn't a viable option. If we could make a weekend trip work, I'd be willing to drive to an inconvenient airport and put up with uncomfortable seats and crappy customer service. But the intersection of timing and money doesn't line up. I do realize that flights are cheap on random Tuesdays and Wednesdays precisely because most people don't want to fly then, but school comes first.
We are in our 20s with no kids so we’re lucky that we can be so flexible. I know things will change once we have kids and it gets worse the older they get.

We are in our 20s with no kids so we’re lucky that we can be so flexible. I know things will change once we have kids and it gets worse the older they get.

And when I was in my 20s with no kids, I was teaching. I've switched careers to something more flexible, but by the time I did that, my oldest two were in school. Seems like I've traded inflexibility on my schedule for inflexibility on theirs. Clearly, I didn't adequately consider Disney vacations while making career and family decisions.

Fortunately, I can be flexible on my next trip, as it will be with DD only. She is 3 1/2, and my plan is to take her sometime when she is 4, probably next fall or winter. I want to take her the year before she starts school, as it will be the last time she really has that kind of freedom to go at a lower crowd time when I can get good flight prices. I figure 4 is also a good age because she will hopefully be tall enough for some of the good rides (aka rides I want to do) but still young enough to be awed by meeting "real" princesses.

And when I was in my 20s with no kids, I was teaching. I've switched careers to something more flexible, but by the time I did that, my oldest two were in school. Seems like I've traded inflexibility on my schedule for inflexibility on theirs. Clearly, I didn't adequately consider Disney vacations while making career and family decisions.

Fortunately, I can be flexible on my next trip, as it will be with DD only. She is 3 1/2, and my plan is to take her sometime when she is 4, probably next fall or winter. I want to take her the year before she starts school, as it will be the last time she really has that kind of freedom to go at a lower crowd time when I can get good flight prices. I figure 4 is also a good age because she will hopefully be tall enough for some of the good rides (aka rides I want to do) but still young enough to be awed by meeting "real" princesses.
I teach too but I’m a sub so I can take days off here and there when we want to go on vacation which is nice. Shame on you for not revolving your career around Disney vacations lol jk.

I think 4 will be a fun age to take her! We took our niece this year when she was 9 and she still had fun meeting characters. It just took her a bit to warm up at first because she wasn’t sure what to expect.

The cheerleaders do special events?
Here is the verbiage taken directly from the packet:

• Special “UCA NIGHT” at Disney Hollywood Studios® Park for team members and families purchasing the NHSCC travel package. — Extended hours at the Disney Hollywood Studios® Park with exclusive use of the Hollywood Studios® Park’s most exciting rides!

• Championship Celebration Party at Magic Kingdom® Park!

Here is the verbiage taken directly from the packet:

• Special “UCA NIGHT” at Disney Hollywood Studios® Park for team members and families purchasing the NHSCC travel package. — Extended hours at the Disney Hollywood Studios® Park with exclusive use of the Hollywood Studios® Park’s most exciting rides!

• Championship Celebration Party at Magic Kingdom® Park!
Huh...didn’t even know this was a thing. Thanks!

Huh...didn’t even know this was a thing. Thanks!
And some of the after-hours Parties for groups are AMAZING!:)

Here is info on the Pop Warner Football/Cheerleader Party from 2016.
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/12/park-buyout-at-disneys-animal-kingdom.html#more

The following will be available during the event (subject to change without notice):

ATTRACTIONS

• All attractions except Kilimanjaro Safaris
SHOWS

• Festival of the Lion King (3 shows; 8:45, 9:45, 10:45)
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical (3 shows; 9:15, 10:15, 11:15)
  • Comedy Warehouse (Flights of Wonder theater; 5 shows; 8:30, 9:15, 10, 10:45, 11:30)
FOOD & BEVERAGE (8:15-11 p.m.; snack locations will remain open until midnight)

• Pizzafari
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Harambe Market
  • Mr. Kamals
  • Anandapur Ice Cream Truck
  • Restaurantosaurus
CHARACTER GREETINGS

• Discovery Island; Mickey and Minnie, Dug and Russell, Flik and Atta, Pocahontas and Meeko
  • Africa; Timon and Rafiki
  • Asia; The Rescue Rangers, King Louie and Baloo
  • DinoLand U.S.A.; Goofy and Pluto, Donald and Daisy
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES

• Fossil Fun Games
  • Tree of Life Awakenings
  • The Boneyard
  • DJ dance parties (Africa, Asia, and DinoLand U.S.A)
  • Most merchandise locations
Guests will be getting park maps with all experiences listed. You can find the event map below.

oiz5XS0H.png

6MOUyAZp.png

1qI6T1Dn.png

And some of the after-hours Parties for groups are AMAZING!:)

Here is info on the Pop Warner Football/Cheerleader Party from 2016.
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/12/park-buyout-at-disneys-animal-kingdom.html#more

The following will be available during the event (subject to change without notice):

ATTRACTIONS

• All attractions except Kilimanjaro Safaris
SHOWS

• Festival of the Lion King (3 shows; 8:45, 9:45, 10:45)
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical (3 shows; 9:15, 10:15, 11:15)
  • Comedy Warehouse (Flights of Wonder theater; 5 shows; 8:30, 9:15, 10, 10:45, 11:30)
FOOD & BEVERAGE (8:15-11 p.m.; snack locations will remain open until midnight)

• Pizzafari
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Harambe Market
  • Mr. Kamals
  • Anandapur Ice Cream Truck
  • Restaurantosaurus
CHARACTER GREETINGS

• Discovery Island; Mickey and Minnie, Dug and Russell, Flik and Atta, Pocahontas and Meeko
  • Africa; Timon and Rafiki
  • Asia; The Rescue Rangers, King Louie and Baloo
  • DinoLand U.S.A.; Goofy and Pluto, Donald and Daisy
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES

• Fossil Fun Games
  • Tree of Life Awakenings
  • The Boneyard
  • DJ dance parties (Africa, Asia, and DinoLand U.S.A)
  • Most merchandise locations
Guests will be getting park maps with all experiences listed. You can find the event map below.

oiz5XS0H.png

6MOUyAZp.png

1qI6T1Dn.png
Wow that is pretty darn cool they get all of that included.

I wish we got that kind of information, we only got exactly what I posted, and as a super planner it's killing me.

Would you happen to know what hotels the teams are staying at?

According to the official travel package they have a 2 choices.

1. All Star (doesn't specify which one, most likely Sports) or Pop
2. Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs

They can choose #1 or #2, not the actual resort.

Here is the info direct from the site.:)

These competitions always fascinate me in the way Disney has them so well-organized!:)

There will "most likely" be some at all 3 All-Stars with the Football Field at Sports being GROUND ZERO as usual!lol:)

https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/19_uca_championships_nhscc_bidpacket.pdf

Wednesday, February 6 – Thursday, February 7 • Teams Arrive in Orlando. • Orientation and Team Registration.

Friday, February 8 • Competition will kick off at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex — Game Day Championship – Preliminary, Semi-Finals & Finals Competition — Small Varsity Division I & Small Varsity Division II Preliminary Competition •

Special “UCA NIGHT” at Disney Hollywood Studios® Park for team members and families purchasing the NHSCC travel package. — Extended hours at the Disney Hollywood Studios® Park with exclusive use of the Hollywood Studios® Park’s most exciting rides!

• If an additional preliminary round is necessary based on final enrollments, that round will be added to Friday. • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Saturday, February 9 • Preliminary, Semi-Finals and select Finals Competition for teams at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex — Finals Competition for Medium Varsity Coed, Large Varsity Coed & Super Varsity Division I & II — Non Tumbling Finals Competition for Junior High Non Tumbling, Junior Varsity Non Tumbling, Large Varsity Non Tumbling & Super Varsity Non Tumbling • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Sunday, February 10 • Finals Competition for remaining divisions at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex • World School Cheerleading Championships competition • Championship Celebration Party at Magic Kingdom® Park! • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Monday, February 11 • Teams visit a Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park of their choice.
Tuesday, February 12 • Teams depart Orlando.

* This is a tentative schedule and may change to accommodate the number of teams in each division. The NHSCC rules committee reserves the right to determine if a preliminary or semi-final round of competition will be necessary.
Attention: NO changes can be made after January 10, 2019. If you have any changes after this date, there will be a $50 fee per change!

• Choose the type of room you wish to stay in (quad, triple, double or single) • HOTELS MAY FILL UP PRIOR TO PUBLISHED DEADLINES.

• All Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets are valid Wednesday, February 6 - Saturday, February 16, 2019. • Registration and deposit, $100 per person, due December 5, 2018 (for OCT/NOV competitions) or December 18, 2018 (for DEC competitions).

N H S C C T R A V E L P A C K A G E S
ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTED, DATE LIMITED WALT DISNEY WORLD® TICKETS may also be purchased for family and friends not included in one of the NHSCC travel packages. Tickets are only available online for the 2019 National High School Cheerleading Championship at uca.varsity.com through January 29, 2019.

FOUR NIGHTS Travel package price for the four nights of: February 7 (check-in) through February 11 (check-out) or February 8 (check-in) through February 12 (check-out) includes: •

Four nights and five days hotel accommodations •

Special “UCA Night” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® • Championship Celebration Party at the Magic Kingdom® Park •

Round trip airport transfers through Disney’s Magical Express •

Four day Walt Disney World® PARK-HOPPER® ticket* •

Three days admission into ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex •

One counter service meal voucher (One entrée and beverage per voucher, No Dessert– at designated Theme Park dining locations. Lunch or Dinner ONLY.) •

Transportation to all NHSCC events •

DISNEY’S ALL STAR/POP CENTURY RESORTS AND CARIBBEAN BEACH/CORONADO SPRINGS RESORTS

Last edited:
Here is the info direct from the site.:)

These competitions always fascinate me in the way Disney has them so well-organized!:)

There will "most likely" be some at all 3 All-Stars with the Football Field at Sports being GROUND ZERO as usual!lol:)

https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/19_uca_championships_nhscc_bidpacket.pdf

Wednesday, February 6 – Thursday, February 7 • Teams Arrive in Orlando. • Orientation and Team Registration.

Friday, February 8 • Competition will kick off at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex — Game Day Championship – Preliminary, Semi-Finals & Finals Competition — Small Varsity Division I & Small Varsity Division II Preliminary Competition •

Special “UCA NIGHT” at Disney Hollywood Studios® Park for team members and families purchasing the NHSCC travel package. — Extended hours at the Disney Hollywood Studios® Park with exclusive use of the Hollywood Studios® Park’s most exciting rides!

• If an additional preliminary round is necessary based on final enrollments, that round will be added to Friday. • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Saturday, February 9 • Preliminary, Semi-Finals and select Finals Competition for teams at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex — Finals Competition for Medium Varsity Coed, Large Varsity Coed & Super Varsity Division I & II — Non Tumbling Finals Competition for Junior High Non Tumbling, Junior Varsity Non Tumbling, Large Varsity Non Tumbling & Super Varsity Non Tumbling • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Sunday, February 10 • Finals Competition for remaining divisions at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex • World School Cheerleading Championships competition • Championship Celebration Party at Magic Kingdom® Park! • Teams can enjoy the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks at their leisure.

Monday, February 11 • Teams visit a Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park of their choice.
Tuesday, February 12 • Teams depart Orlando.

* This is a tentative schedule and may change to accommodate the number of teams in each division. The NHSCC rules committee reserves the right to determine if a preliminary or semi-final round of competition will be necessary.
Attention: NO changes can be made after January 10, 2019. If you have any changes after this date, there will be a $50 fee per change!

• Choose the type of room you wish to stay in (quad, triple, double or single) • HOTELS MAY FILL UP PRIOR TO PUBLISHED DEADLINES.

• All Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets are valid Wednesday, February 6 - Saturday, February 16, 2019. • Registration and deposit, $100 per person, due December 5, 2018 (for OCT/NOV competitions) or December 18, 2018 (for DEC competitions).

N H S C C T R A V E L P A C K A G E S
ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTED, DATE LIMITED WALT DISNEY WORLD® TICKETS may also be purchased for family and friends not included in one of the NHSCC travel packages. Tickets are only available online for the 2019 National High School Cheerleading Championship at uca.varsity.com through January 29, 2019.

FOUR NIGHTS Travel package price for the four nights of: February 7 (check-in) through February 11 (check-out) or February 8 (check-in) through February 12 (check-out) includes: •

Four nights and five days hotel accommodations •

Special “UCA Night” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® • Championship Celebration Party at the Magic Kingdom® Park •

Round trip airport transfers through Disney’s Magical Express •

Four day Walt Disney World® PARK-HOPPER® ticket* •

Three days admission into ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex •

One counter service meal voucher (One entrée and beverage per voucher, No Dessert– at designated Theme Park dining locations. Lunch or Dinner ONLY.) •

Transportation to all NHSCC events •

DISNEY’S ALL STAR/POP CENTURY RESORTS AND CARIBBEAN BEACH/CORONADO SPRINGS RESORTS

Thank you for the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter