NO MORE DISNEY PLASITC BAGS?

DVCjj

DIS Veteran
Is it true that bags for your purchase are no longer given and you now have to buy a tote bag??

We buy a lot of small gifts for my DD's students and not getting a bag with each is going to be one big pain. Certainly not buying a TOTE BAG for each item.

This was just reported from someone making purchases at Creations in Epcot.

I was there 3 weeks ago and all of my purchases were given to me in bags, mainly the clear ones but some stores gave the blue ones. Maybe this is new since then.

Is it true that bags for your purchase are no longer given and you now have to buy a tote bag??

We buy a lot of small gifts for my DD's students and not getting a bag with each is going to be one big pain. Certainly not buying a TOTE BAG for each item.

This was just reported from someone making purchases at Creations in Epcot.

Not true. I was there today. They tried to sell us a 50 year celebration tote bag. Told them no and got the free clear bag.

We got lots of plastic bags last week. Big clear ones and lots of the smaller blue ones. They had totes of various sizes available but I was never even asked. They just had them on displays with other merch for sale.

This was recently reported by a vlogger that Disney IS gradually getting rid of free plastic shopping bags. There will be the familiar Castle bags for a while, along with clear plastic ones.

Ultimately, guests will need to provide their own reusable bag or buy one, the report concluded.

There was talk of this 3 or 4 years ago, and I remember on our 2019 trip it started to come into effect and we ended up buying Totes at a few places. Then it just sort of went by the wayside and plastic bags were offered again.

There was talk of this 3 or 4 years ago, and I remember on our 2019 trip it started to come into effect and we ended up buying Totes at a few places. Then it just sort of went by the wayside and plastic bags were offered again.
I had a related experience that year of cashiers looking at me oddly when I presented them with my reusable bag, asking them to use it.

It would make more sense to me to sell recyclable paper bags for a small fee while urging guests to buy reusable ones. Paper is said to be more easily recycled in the US than plastic.

Have seen several reports plastic bags are being phased out in the parks. Was told the same by a CM in Creations a couple of weeks ago. Whether they will follow through on it or how long it will take, no idea. I can say on the Wish they were not giving out any plastic bags at all in the merch shops.

We were there two weeks ago and got bags for all of our purchases in the parks.
Would not have bought anything if we had to carry it all loose!

I am so glad I saved all of my disney decorated shopping bags from trips from 2010 and on! I don't know why I did that, but they were sturdy and too cute to throw away. It's sad that this one small "perk" has been taken away!

our local supermarket charges 60p for a paper bag. It is law in the uk to charge for plastic over a certain size (shop size not bag size) but honestly they are loving it and cashing in massively on it. Wouldn't be surprised if other places start doing the same.

Daughter bought a not cheap sweatshirt at Creations yesterday. CM just hands her it to take out of the store. She says “What? This is crazy. I want a bag.” CM says she can BUY a 50th (of which we have literally 10 at home I bought) or she can give her this teeny tiny bag. My daughter made her jam the sweatshirt in that tiny bag and was furious.

This is nuts. We spend a fortune like everyone else. Don’t tell me it’s ecology. It’s $$.

I saw a YouTube video where vloggers stood in front of Creations lamenting this situation and I warned about it on another forum. They said it wasn’t true and was probably a very old video. I said no. It was in front of Creations. I was believed and gave up.

It’s true. It’s happening.

Funny, we were in WDW parks and DS on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday this week and were offered free bags with every purchase we made (including numerous purchases at Creations Shop in EPCOT). The current shopping bags are made from recycled plastic. I actually carry one of those free clear Disney bags in my backpack and tell the CMs at check-out that we'll re-use that bag, if/when the items being purchased fit. But we've never had them not offer us the free shopping bags, and we are local APs who are in the parks frequently. It is possible that specific shops or check-outs may run low or run out of specific sizes of bags sometimes (esp extra-large sizes), and perhaps the reports of not being offered a free bag were situations where they were temporarily not available.

Main Street back shop handing out the bigger color bags last week.

had to laugh, saw several people ’repurposing’ them by tearing them to fashion mini-“head” ponchos.

Yeah we had no issues getting bags with our purchases.... some places had the bigger colored bags, some the clear bags.

But do same day resort deliveries and I'll be fine without bags...

Yeah we had no issues getting bags with our purchases.... some places had the bigger colored bags, some the clear bags.

But do same day resort deliveries and I'll be fine without bags...
I thought they weren't delivering purchases to resorts anymore. Did they bring that back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter