No more distancing in theaters?

Kwami

DIS Veteran
A recent tweet from Scott (from the unofficial DCL blog):

The new Walt Disney Theatre cast aboard the Disney Fantasy will welcome a full house for the first time as physical distancing measures are relaxed.

Let's not talk about whether the rule are silly or else the thread will probably get locked.

Can anyone on the Fantasy confirm this change? Or on the other ships?

I just got off the Fantasy today. They were still enforcing every other row, at least 3 seats between you and the next party for our cruise. Can't confirm if this is something new that's supposed to start today.

I hope that ban is permanent. They make the hallways look like a flea market.
Well it’s actually a huge USP for DCL. The whole community around it, also pre- cruise planning of exchanges. There’s a huge DCL scrapbooking
Exchange community too, magnets etc. you’re actually the first negative comment I’ve heard about it. IMO how people decorate and what they hang outside their doors is what makes DCL unique IMO

Well it’s actually a huge USP for DCL. The whole community around it, also pre- cruise planning of exchanges. There’s a huge DCL scrapbooking
Exchange community too, magnets etc. you’re actually the first negative comment I’ve heard about it. IMO how people decorate and what they hang outside their doors is what makes DCL unique IMO

No, more than a few of us have stated how junky the silly extenders make the hallways look.

The majority of people on those ships aren't part of the "DCL community."

You know that feeling where you're interested in trying something new, dipping your toes into something you might enjoy, but then some people are just way over-the-top too into it and it ends up turning you off? Golf, skiing, surfing, firearms, comic books, whatever. The superfans can be a barrier to entry for casual fans because they make the normies uncomfortable.

If I'm brand new to cruising or to Disney vacations in general, the tchotchke trading up and down the corridors is going to scream "these people are a cult, maybe this isn't for me."

The majority of people on those ships aren't part of the "DCL community."

You know that feeling where you're interested in trying something new, dipping your toes into something you might enjoy, but then some people are just way over-the-top too into it and it ends up turning you off? Golf, skiing, surfing, firearms, comic books, whatever. The superfans can be a barrier to entry for casual fans because they make the normies uncomfortable.

If I'm brand new to cruising or to Disney vacations in general, the tchotchke trading up and down the corridors is going to scream "these people are a cult, maybe this isn't for me."

Or, like us, they're inspired to decorate their door next time. FEs aren't our thing (we don't need more knickknacks) but my husband enjoys decorating our door. He already is planning out what to put on there for our Bermuda cruise in '23 (and I'm already trying to explain making allusions to the triangle sinking us even in jest maybe not be appropriate). I agree the ones with clutter spilling out into the hallway is a bit much since it can be a tripping hazard, but magnets and holders? Nah. I don't really see how decorating a door isn't the same as families wearing matching shirts, or being head to toe in Disney clothing. This feels like the same argument about the fading dress codes for the main dining rooms... if you want to avoid the rabble there are other ships to choose from that cater to that clientele.

Anyway, back to the OP, I guess maybe this is why they are asking folk to still mask in the main theatre, so they can pack us in and still claim they're taking precautions?

While I knew the change to full house was imminent, it was nice not having any heads in front of us blocking our view or anyone behind us kicking Our seat backs.

Does any Know what the capacity is for these theaters on both of classic and the dream version? I’m just curious if due to limited capacity right now they wouldn’t fill up anyways

Magic class - 977
Dream class - 1,340

And recent passenger counts are upwards of 2,000, so they'll have to let the theaters fill up if they're ever going to bring back the variety acts and the other missing shows. Otherwise, they'd have to keep performing the main shows on multiple nights.

And recent passenger counts are upwards of 2,000, so they'll have to let the theaters fill up if they're ever going to bring back the variety acts and the other missing shows. Otherwise, they'd have to keep performing the main shows on multiple nights.
They could consider the 3 shows a night format that some cruise lines have done. Or add more matinees.

However, I don't think that will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter