No more free beer at SeaWorld or Busch Gardens

I totally agree....

not to mention they are also cutting the employee free beer program...boo them...

guess we wont be going to sea world for awhile

I'm not much of a beer drinker but just about every time I went, there was a new unknown beer or malt beverage,like Mikes hard lemonade that I used to always sample.One of the true special things about these parks is now gone.However if I recall from my visit to the Virginia park,they haven't had the free beer at the Williamsburg park for a long time.They still had the beer school but as I recall I never saw a hospitality house with the free beer.

What!!!! No more free beer, that's it. This place needs to be shut down. Yes I'm being sarcastic but honesty while this is a bummer it isn't too much of a big deal except that the penny pinching is not a good sign.

I saw that in the paper today and I'm not the least bit surprised. I don't drink beer that much but it was a nice perk of the parks. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Well, that sucks. Part of the fun about going to Sea World and Busch Gardens was the free beer. How did they come to the conclusion that taking it out was a good idea?

They're taking it away because it's free...they think people will just buy more beer.

I am not too happy about this move as for I have an annual pass and go to Sea World to walk around and enjoy a beer while having a nice lunch. I think this is a bad move on InBev's part.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2009/01/no-more-free-be.html
Its not about selling beer its about selling the amusement parks. Inbev is selling AB Amusement parks and Inbev is not a company concerned about community ties or relationship...their reputation speaks for itself.

Hopefully the free beer is still available @ BGT this weekend. I will be attending and I would like to celebrate the last days of this tradition.

Its not about selling beer its about selling the amusement parks. Inbev is selling AB Amusement parks and Inbev is not a company concerned about community ties or relationship...their reputation speaks for itself.

Exactly. The idea is to remove all ties to Anhauser-Busch in the parks--the clydesdales are on the way out, too. Any new buyer won't need these things, anyway.

Here's hoping they use the massive Hospitality House space to open up a second quality table-service restaurant, to rival Sharks. Of course, it will probably just (i) be an oversized cafeteria like most of their other offerings, or more likely (ii) sit empty for years.

Hopefully the free beer is still available @ BGT this weekend. I will be attending and I would like to celebrate the last days of this tradition.
The paper reports the changes will take place February 1st.

I think this sucks.. I loved the hospitality house... again not a big beer drinker, but it was ncie to sample strange brews!

InBev sounds like a pretty awful company from what I've heard.

Like another poster mentioned, does this affect discovery cove? Everything is included in the price included unlimited beer. Hmm.. anyone?

InBev is a frugal company so it's no surprise. once the parks are under new ownership it would end anyway. The new owners probably won't be brewers or beers sellers. The Clydesdales will probably leave the parks too but more so do the fact that new ownership won't be tied to them. For now, InBev is keeping the Clydsdales as a part of the A.B. heritage but scaling back operations. InBev is a European company with a totally different way of doing business. I also think that given the economic times we're living through, more and more companies will be looking at ways to cut costs. Look at Disney itself, rumors of temporary resort closures, fewer "little extras" etc. I will miss the freebies though. The were good and cold and always welcome.

Arrived in Orlando yesterday, and heard the news this morning. We have the next 2 weeks to make the most of it before it stops on the 31st January!

Well, that sucks. Part of the fun about going to Sea World and Busch Gardens was the free beer. How did they come to the conclusion that taking it out was a good idea?

The hospitality houses at the parks were paid for by the beer portion of Anheuser-busch (the structure, labor, beer, etc), so the beer side was absorbing all of the costs, and used as a marketing tool. Since in-bev came on board they decided to forgo spending that area. With the economy the way it is, I doubt the park side wants to spend that kind of money to run the hospitality and brewmasters clubs as well.

OK no more free samples..I think as A buisness person this wrong..
You would want future customers too buy your product..What is wrong with this picture?:confused3
InBev owns or will be owning A-B.Do they have A clue about marcketing??:confused3
I guess not.Wrong move to keep Budwieser or Bud Light the best selling beer in the world!!
They close down the Hospitallity Houses and turn them into A second rate restruant is going too drive sales down and the trickle effect will be the parks..Instead of world class theme parks that they are now,it will turn into your local Six Flag park..:sad2:

This is my opinion only,and I'm sure others feel the same way!!!

ITS A SAD DAY FOR BUSCH GARDENS AND SEAWORLD PARKS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

What is cut next,SHAMU??

Its a normal business practice to remove logos, trademarks and other symbols or items of recognition belonging to the parent company when selling off a component of a company you no longer want.

In this case, Inbev needs to sell these amusements parks very fast since it was a critical component of them being able to finance the purchasing of AB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter