No more free beer at SeaWorld or Busch Gardens

I cant let this go.We have been going to BG Tampa -Seaworld since I was in diapers and this is just a sign of things too come too these parks!!:sad2:

InBev get A clue or the Busch family buy the entertainment part of the buisness!!SHAMU is next then the Clydsdales!!Please dont let this happen!!

I have heard the possibility of the Busch family buying the parks,possibly with another investor and keeping the Busch name in the parks,maybe if something like that were to happen the free beer and hospitality house would come back.It's pretty much been said that InBev will sell the parks,there's been all kinds of different rumors as to who will buy them,different theme park companies,even different buyers for different parks,so in my opinion keeping them all with the Busch name and family who'll likely keep the quality of the parks as they've been seems like a good idea.

Its a normal business practice to remove logos, trademarks and other symbols or items of recognition belonging to the parent company when selling off a component of a company you no longer want.

In this case, Inbev needs to sell these amusements parks very fast since it was a critical component of them being able to finance the purchasing of AB.

It could be awhile...the purchce of 10 theme parks could be pretty expensive. With theme park spending being down across the nation, I highly doubt anyone wants to spend that pretty penny. I'm surpised that in-bev wants to sell, the parks are a huge marketing tool and part of the reason that bud and bud light are so sucessful and the introduction of mich ultra and BL Lime. I was in Seaworld Orlando this past summer and BL Lime was everywhere.

It could be awhile...the purchce of 10 theme parks could be pretty expensive. With theme park spending being down across the nation, I highly doubt anyone wants to spend that pretty penny. I'm surpised that in-bev wants to sell, the parks are a huge marketing tool and part of the reason that bud and bud light are so sucessful and the introduction of mich ultra and BL Lime. I was in Seaworld Orlando this past summer and BL Lime was everywhere.
Inbev may have gone over their heads financially as the global financial markets have declined since Inbev started the AB deal. Their financial deal involves selling the amusement parks and they have a payment schedule they have to meet too.

Inbev must sell the parks to pay their AB purchase...they also are focused on the beverage industry only. Amusement parks are going...how fast and at what price is to be seen, but don't be surprised to see them go as soon as 2009. Also you shouldn't expect the parks to be sold as a group of 10 and they may be offered at a price lower than full market value, since time is money too. Additionally, there are bargain shoppers even in these economic times too. We will have to wait and see what happens, but one thing is for sure, sadly the era of AB running these parks is over.

If you want to see Clydsdales or get free beer you will need to go to Grant's Farm in St. Louis...it was part of the deal to the AB home city. The parks played more of a public relations and visability role than actually driving sales.

There are also a lot of micro breweries in the US who currently make beer the way AB use to make beer too. New Belgium Brewing Company, Breckenridge Brewery, etc...

I think I am almost more upsed about the Clydesdales leaving! One of my kids' favorite things to do is go visit 'Kelly' and the other horses.

I'm also sorry to see the beer tasting go, that's how we discovered Shock Top and a few other types that my husband enjoys. However I am also not surprised by it. We are planning to visit this Saturday to enjoy a last call and say goodbye to the horses.

There is a restaurant in St. Louis called the Bevo Mill which was built by August A Busch Sr in 1916 with a five story windmill and AB Inbev just gave it to the City of St Louis. The restaurant management group was making payment to AB and now they will just make them to The City of St. Louis.

The restaurant is halfway between the brewery and Grant's Farm, which was then Busch's home and is now a family attraction open to the public.

I point this out since they just gave away what is considered a city icon to the city for free and it will now provide the city a new income stream.

Inbev may have gone over their heads financially as the global financial markets have declined since Inbev started the AB deal. Their financial deal involves selling the amusement parks and they have a payment schedule they have to meet too.

Inbev must sell the parks to pay their AB purchase...they also are focused on the beverage industry only. Amusement parks are going...how fast and at what price is to be seen, but don't be surprised to see them go as soon as 2009. Also you shouldn't expect the parks to be sold as a group of 10 and they may be offered at a price lower than full market value, since time is money too. Additionally, there are bargain shoppers even in these economic times too. We will have to wait and see what happens, but one thing is for sure, sadly the era of AB running these parks is over.

If you want to see Clydsdales or get free beer you will need to go to Grant's Farm in St. Louis...it was part of the deal to the AB home city. The parks played more of a public relations and visability role than actually driving sales.

There are also a lot of micro breweries in the US who currently make beer the way AB use to make beer too. New Belgium Brewing Company, Breckenridge Brewery, etc...

In-bev has a list of 5 things and they need to sell 3 of them. Right now the parks are being offered as a group of 10 since the parks are so intertwined. Almost every park as a sesame element now, plus the sesame park here in pa.

Ten parks sounds like a lot for one company to buy as a package, however, five parks (three SW parks and two BG parks) constitute the bulk of the package. The others are smaller water parks and the smaller Sesame Place (which itself is in large part a water park) and most of these are ancillary to one of the primary five parks. Looking at it that way, I think it's much more reasonable to believe that a major company could purchase the parks as a package.

One thing I mentioned to DH before..

If In-Bev wants us to try there beers, why not showcase them as well as the Bud and BudLite.

I remember the days when there was the bar in the back room that served the specialty drinks. They had the bacardi's hidden back there. That was where the line always was. I am NOT a beer drinker, but go for the specialty drinks all the time. I tasted a lot, and then went out and bought them later.

Sadly, all those days are gone...It is really the end of an era..SW/BG will never be the same. I only hope the Busch family can find a way to purchase the parks that have been a staple in this area for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter