No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never used the soaps and toiletries. It always came back home with us. It looked pretty cool in our bathroom.

We just got back from the Grand and no lotion provided. I can skip the conditioner, but my skin needed that lotion, lol.

Do you work with a lot of women? Most men I know use what is provided.

If I'm on a short trip for work I'll usually just use what the hotel provides. For a week long vacation I'll bring my own. I keep lotion in my toiletry bag just in case (it's actually the H2O kind from my last Disney trip at the moment) and usually bring home whatever I don't use from the hotel.

Posters stay at CBR state they're getting lotion. OP stayed at BCV. Maybe it's just DVC which is removing that amenity.

Posters stay at CBR state they're getting lotion. OP stayed at BCV. Maybe it's just DVC which is removing that amenity.

On the first page there were reports from AKL and Poly about no lotion, as well as confirmation from some in the AKL thread about no lotion in the regular rooms, so it does not seem like a DVC issue.

I definitely bring my own stuff. I use higher end lotion, shampoo, and conditioner which I bring with me because my body doesn't like switching products so abruptly, especially all at once. However, it's nice to have these things provided because I'm also a last minute packer and I often forget one of these things. It's also nice to have the aloe because I burn sometimes, it was there at WL in February, not sure if it's still provided.

Is it the worst thing, no. But I think it's pretty stingy these things are being taken away especially at the cost of these rooms.

I understand disney wanting to reduce the amount of plastic, but couldn't they install the large bottles of shampoo etc and still give out the small bottle of lotion. That's still cut back of at least 50%.

And if disney is so concern about reducing waste, why not have an in park drink mug system or a program of bring back your old mug and pay $10 to reuse????

I understand disney wanting to reduce the amount of plastic, but couldn't they install the large bottles of shampoo etc and still give out the small bottle of lotion. That's still cut back of at least 50%.

And if disney is so concern about reducing waste, why not have an in park drink mug system or a program of bring back your old mug and pay $10 to reuse????

They’re only worried about saving money. Not saving the earth or reducing waste. The mugs are a prime example.

I'm not complaining about lotion. What bothers me is that the little touches (and some bigger ones) seem to be disappearing.
To newer guests, it's not as noticable as it is to those of us who have been going for many years.
A fee here, a reduction of services there, 'oh, sorry, we don't have ___ anymore', and the one that had DH shaking his head.. 'of course - that'll be $79 each' ???
I remember when Early Morning Magic was FREE and came with your resort stay. A bit less food, but just as many rides, and far less people, since it was limited to one 'resort group' per day.

Once upon a time... is rapidly becoming 'and they lived unhappily ever after' (but didn't realize it)

I really don’t think we can compare Disney to an industry standard. No other hotels or motels that I know of sit in the middle of several Disney parks. This sets them apart to be able to do things different.
But 'different' at Disney used to mean 'magical' It's getting a lot less so, and a lot more annoying
No no. I'm just SURPRISED PEOPLE RELY ON THOSE THINGS.
This is really shortsighted of them. If you travel with a carryon you really rely on those in-room amenities.
Agreed - I can only cram so many things in my quartbag.
We rely on them, because we're used to having them - even in the 'lower level' of chain accommodations.
Starting to think that they put Scrooge McDuck in charge! I'm going to pack my own TP in October just in case ;) (joke)
Yee cheesus -- don't give them ideas :rotfl2:

We just got back from the Grand and no lotion provided. I can skip the conditioner, but my skin needed that lotion, lol.
Is the Gran giving out Coppertone Suntan lotion? I seen it in a pic of one of the deluxe rooms. I wonder if you could get a bottle brought to you?

We were at Beach Club two weeks ago, and there wasn't any lotion in our room either. My husband got a bit burned at the pool, so I called housekeeping to ask for some. They sent up 3 bottles. Guess we got lucky!

Is the Gran giving out Coppertone Suntan lotion? I seen it in a pic of one of the deluxe rooms. I wonder if you could get a bottle brought to you?
I've only seen the little Coppertone bottles in Club Level rooms. YMMV

The stinginess RE: the soap is ridiculous. I doubt that most guests think to pack their own bars of soap unless they are camping. You can call housekeeping but really, you should not have to call them for soap.

Never bar soap....A bottle of shower gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter