No more personalized screens

We personalized our magicbands with funny nicknames just for this reason. I'm alittle bummed now.

Several posts have mentioned this.

The screens don't display the names that you put down to be inscribed on the MagicBands.

They display the names you used for each person in your MDE account.

We thought it was cool to see some things personalized. Bummer that they're going away now.

Last edited:
I think this is bad reporting, they worked less than they did work and has since they came out.. I think one in every 3 different trips in they would be working since they came out...

The author just finally found them not working for the first time in my mind.. maybe there's more inside info and they are down for repair or to redo something so they are reliable.

I don't know, that dude Tom is in the parks all the time with plenty of connections.

Last time I was on Haunted Mansion my tombstone said Robert. I was riding alone and my name definitely isn't Robert.

The screens don't display the names that you put down to be inscribed on the MagicBands.

Well, that is disappointing to know also. Probably should have paid attention to the post about it. Lol

There's no Robert in my MDE account either (; I think sometimes it was giving the wrong picture to the wrong doombuggy.

The personalized screens at RNRC were working today. DW had name and hometown in lights.

They do not use the band name; they use the name on the MDE account associated with the band.

I try and stay off the grid as much as possible myself. I am not a member of any social media. Just post on a handful of forums. I am in law enforcement so I try and keep my guard up. This isn't a big deal to me. There are so many people it would be difficult to figure out who's who. If they offered an option to opt out of ride personalization I would probably do so. Now people who put their young kids name in a soccer ball or cheerleader Pom Pom on the back of their vehicle is a different story. I wouldn't sweat this though.

The latest from WDWNT:

UPDATE: Disney Restores Some MagicBand Interactive Features on Some Attractions

Last week, we told you about many of the MagicBand interactive features around the parks that had recently been deactivated. Well, since we posted that story, a few of these elements have returned to service at the Magic Kingdom...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/update-disney-restores-magicband-interactive-features-attractions/

well thats good...i go in 2 and a half weeks and thought these things would be fun

Personal opinion, the original story was much ado about nothing. Someone looking for something to complain about
Just write that they are taken away without bothering to find out facts to learn it was an upgrade or some sort of other issue where it was off temporary. Really poor decision on their part
Not to mention, rather ridiculous to think their article played in to the return in any way

Couldn't agree more. I figured this "update" from WDWNT was bound to be "reported" eventually.

I thought they were neat. People were actually complaining about them? Ugh.

We were there over the weekend and one son and I both had our names on the "posters" in the lobby of RNRC - we thought that was fun! Several of our group were listed on one screen at the end of Space Mtn, also and I hadn't expected it there, so it was a neat surprise. Then later we were on IASW and looked for our names at the end and they weren't working at all.

Spaceship Earth didn't take our pictures and we didn't get the personalized video.

The site that posted they turned them off, is notorious for posting incorrect information. It's their typical click bait story headlines.

They weren't wrong - at the time of posting the effects were turned off (and had actually been turned off for a while by the time it was posted)
The effects have since been turned on. Maybe it was just coincidental, or maybe since it had been noticed turning them on became a priority.

They weren't wrong - at the time of posting the effects were turned off (and had actually been turned off for a while by the time it was posted)
The effects have since been turned on. Maybe it was just coincidental, or maybe since it had been noticed turning them on became a priority.

That's not true though, Rock n Roller Coaster and Everest were still operational while they were reporting everything had been turned off. I was there so I can confirm it.

The personalized effects weren't working during our rides on IASW and HM on 10/2. On IASW it appeared to have been working prior to our ride, but the screens were frozen on a couple of people's names and didn't change at all for our boat or the ones around us. On HM, the ghost just swapped our faces. I didn't see any names or states for our neighboring doombuggies, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter