• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No onboard credit?!

DVCBob

Mouseketeer
We just called to verify our reservation for the 3/29 western and were told that we will not be receiving an onboard credit. The reservation was made in April of 2002 and although I do not have anything in writing I could swear that we were told there would be a credit.

We were told that the onboard credit has been discontinued and that the only way we would have received a credit is if we had booked while on our previous cruise. I talked with a supervisor also and while she was polite she insisted that this is the way it has always been.

Any help would be appreciated.

When was your last cruise? We booked right after our second cruise for Aug 2002 and received the credit. Then we had to change our dates because of medical reasons so we changed to Nov 2002 and we still got our onboard credit.

Our last cruise was Halloween 2001 but I did not think that the credit was tied to the Castaway Club or even being a previous cruiser. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

It used to be if you booked within a certain time period then traveled within the time, you got a shipboard credit depending on your category.NOW the only way to get that credit was to book onboard. But you could also get onboard credits through American Express. Is that what you thought you had?

While we did make the original deposit using Amex I do not think that that was the source of the credit. Is there currently a credit being offered for making the reservation with an Amex card?

Call & find out when they changed the policy about the credit. It used to be that if you booked within a certain time period, you could get the credit. Now you can only get it if you book onboard. But if you were entitled to it when you booked, they should still give it to you. I think it was within 90 days of sailing. Not sure when they changed the policy.

Mistakes are made, so it can pay to investigate a little more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter