No open slots for Le Cellier. Am I sunk?

kfaboo

Earning My Ears
Wow, in the intervening 5 years since I was last at WDW Le Cellier *has* become the hot place in Epcot. I was hoping to do a DDP redo of my 30th birthday dinner, but they are completely booked for lunch and dinner 5/31-6/4.

Has anybody got into Le Cellier walkup or by trying the week of their visit?

And what Epcot place would you recommend that's on the DDP?

Keep trying... and also try for odd times. We are going the end of June and just booked our ADRs in the ast 2 weeks and we got LeCellier and had several times to pick from. In fact I looked a few days ago and they had some late dinners open.
I doubt you will get walk up but I would try the online system often and see if something opens up.

keep trying the on line system, you may get lucky and snag one when someone else cancels. Le Cellier rarely (and I mean extremely rarely) has any walk-ups. We were there in January and the park was dead, dead, empty. The took walk-ups that time...but park was so empty there were still Soarin' fastpasses at 4:00 in the afternoon. Test Track was a walk-on all day.

Other places we like in Epcot are San Angel Inn(mexico); Rose & Crown (England), Les Chefs de France (France) and Tutto Italia (Italy) See, we like a lot of restaurants, :rotfl:

We also like Captain's Grille over at the Yacht club if you want to hike over there through Epcot International Gate...didn't like Kouzzina's , but that's over at Boardwalk, also through the International Gate.

Chefs de France is a good Epcot option. I do not recommend San Angel Inn, except to sip a margarita in fabulous ambiance. The food is, at best, mediocre. A quick hike over to the Yacht Club will get you to one of my favorite WDW restaurants, Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Good luck, and happy eating!

I agree, keep trying, there's cancellations all the time.

I do disagree about not going to San Angel. Each person has different tastes and tolerances, we personally loved San Angel. It's beautiful inside and the food and service were fantastic.

I feel buoyed and I'll definitely keep trying. And thanks for your recs! And your anti-recs! And your anti-anti-recs! Dining rec rumble! :-)

I didn't even think of wandering over to a nearby resort. I'll keep it in mind for a backup plan.

I literally JUST got my reservation at Le Cellier- its for 12:25 in the end of May. I have been trying to get in there FOREVER! Keep Trying and Good Luck!

I just got in for Wednesday Lunchtime (I wanted dinner, but I'll just have my slow down meal at lunch instead.) Woohoo!!!

Thanks Everybody!

I literally JUST got my reservation at Le Cellier- its for 12:25 in the end of May. I have been trying to get in there FOREVER! Keep Trying and Good Luck!

I'M SO JEALOUS! :eek: I have been trying for the week of May 14-21st and haven't gotten anything! Hopefully something will turn up soon!!! :goodvibes

at least checking on reservations is better than homework :lmao:

Keep an eye on the cancellation thread they keep going on here.
We booked a last minute trip (10days in advance) last May and manage dto snag almost all of the ADR's we wanted (even Le Cellier) by calling everyday, checking the cancellation thread, and calling the dining number every morning while we were at the resort.

Keep an eye on the cancellation thread they keep going on here.
We booked a last minute trip (10days in advance) last May and manage dto snag almost all of the ADR's we wanted (even Le Cellier) by calling everyday, checking the cancellation thread, and calling the dining number every morning while we were at the resort.

Thanks for the tips! Do you think there is a better chance of getting it by calling...or using the online system?

Thanks for the tips! Do you think there is a better chance of getting it by calling...or using the online system?

online system is far better for this kind of situation...just check it as often as you can (several times a day if possible.) If you call you could be running up your cell minutes and/or long distance charges. And will spend a lot of time pushing "for blah, blah, push 1 if you've stayed at Disney blah blah push 1" and also a lot of time on hold. With the online system it's click-click-click and you know if there's an opening for you or not almost immediately.

never give up trying, people cancel all the time! I just cancelled a reservation for le cellier for 4/20 at 505pm party of 7! Hope someone from the dis grabs it!

Never been to Le Cellier, got a whim to try it out for lunch yesterday. Found lunch to be booked solid from 5/31-6/5. Tried a couple more times today and got a 2:30 slot for Tuesday 6/1. So, keep trying! But don't try too hard... I might need to switch to a different day if something pops up! :rolleyes1

never give up trying, people cancel all the time! I just cancelled a reservation for le cellier for 4/20 at 505pm party of 7! Hope someone from the dis grabs it!

When you are canceling an ADR there is a thread on here that you can go and let other DISers know so that someone can snatch it up.

We're going there the same week you are! I booked by ressies over a month ago but I now have another person going with us so I'm trying to get a new ressie at Le Cellier and I've been checking numerous times a day with no luck!

Keep trying though...I've had Ohana's pop up when trying to rebook my ressies too. Just depends if you at the right place at the right time!

Have you tried booking it for lunch? I'm not having any luck that way either but I'm trying both ways!

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope we have great weather that week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter