No parades?

JennyN

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at the park hours for April 17th through to April 21st and there doesn’t appear to be any parades that week ( Monday to Friday). Do you think there is any chance there will be parades, we were so looking forward to seeing a parade.

The schedule that week for both World of Color -- One and Wondrous Journeys is in there, as is live music associated with the DCA food festival.
Is there a chance that the release of the schedule is being delayed because of the 8 p.m. closures on Tuesday and Thursday of that week for Throwback Night events?
I know one vlogger suggested that parades would be at different times those days, perhaps 1:30 and 3:30 instead of 3:30 and 6:30.
It's also possible that they are considering cutting back to one parade a day once Easter vacations and spring breaks are over.

How far out do they post entertainment? I'm booked the week after OP, and I'm trying to figure out which park which day, and it's hard to plan with so little info posted officially.
Any tips, or ideas to help? I'm so used to WDW planning being really intense and far out. This is almost more stressful. lol
It's just me going, though.

How far out do they post entertainment? I'm booked the week after OP, and I'm trying to figure out which park which day, and it's hard to plan with so little info posted officially.
Any tips, or ideas to help? I'm so used to WDW planning being really intense and far out. This is almost more stressful. lol
It's just me going, though.

As I said, it lists the Wondrous Journeys projection and a few others. But yes, lots of holes to be filled.

I have been looking at the park hours for April 17th through to April 21st and there doesn’t appear to be any parades that week ( Monday to Friday). Do you think there is any chance there will be parades, we were so looking forward to seeing a parade.
I'm going the same week and keep searching! As someone who is used to WDW, and tends to overplan, I'm finding this a challenge. Right now I'm leaving afternoons flexible with two plans - one with parade one not.

There seem to be three possibilities for parade starts this time of year:
1) 3:30 and 6:30, perhaps weekends only after the post-Easter week.
2) 6:30 only, weekdays only, Monday through Thursday.
3) 1:30 and 3:30 on days where Disneyland has an after-dark event, such as Throwback Night on April 18 & 20 or Star Wars Nights in May.
Of course, other schedules are possible, but those are the ones I've heard of.

Tomorrow will be one month until April 16, and still no decision on parade times on our after that date.
For those in the know, what the latest Disney has posted parade times in the past? I mean, these aren't exactly performances by the Dapper Dans. Some visitors are planning their whole days around parade times.

I've got Plaza Inn Magic Happens Dining Package reservations for Sunday, April 16 so I sure hope there's a parade! 😄

I was looking forward to seeing the parade at 6:30 pm with the lights and everything but since the time change it seems it's going to be during daylight, or do they change the times of parades to show off the lights when it starts getting darker later? Seems like a shame to do both shows during daylight when, from what I've seen, the parade lighting at night is pretty magical.

I haven't seen any parade times after 6:30, so it appears they're all going to be in daylight now.
Come to think of it, I was able to reserve a parade package through Plaza Inn on Wednesday, April 19, although in the end I cancelled it. So there has to be a 6:30 parade that night.
To me, the question marks are the nights that have Throwback events: April 18 and 20. Will there be parades at 1:30 and 3:30, or just at 3:30?

Is it fair to assume most days of the week are consistent, or no? For example, can I use Monday March 20th schedule to guess what Monday April 17th might be? Or is it too different because of crowds (assuming March has higher spring break crowds)?

That's true -- to a degree.
For example, the week of April 16 is the first full week after school and Easter vacations. So it's safe to assume lower crowd levels (at least, Disney does; ticket costs are mostly Tier 1 that week after being higher the previous month) and fewer scheduled events and shows. For example, it's the first week of a Matterhorn closure.
Also, Throwback events April 18 and 20 mean DL closes at 8 for regular ticket holders. Clearly, the nighttime schedules will have to be greatly altered to accommodate the special events.

That's true -- to a degree.
For example, the week of April 16 is the first full week after school and Easter vacations. So it's safe to assume lower crowd levels (at least, Disney does; ticket costs are mostly Tier 1 that week after being higher the previous month) and fewer scheduled events and shows. For example, it's the first week of a Matterhorn closure.
Also, Throwback events April 18 and 20 mean DL closes at 8 for regular ticket holders. Clearly, the nighttime schedules will have to be greatly altered to accommodate the special events.
I see on March 9th they had WJ at 7:45 and parades at 1:30 and 3:30, so maybe we can expect that Tues/Thurs? I've never been to DLR - so no idea how it all works!

That's what at least one vlogger thinks is standard procedure now on DL daytime parades when there is a special event that night.
Another source thinks the park will only have one parade on normal weekdays this time of year -- at 6:30.

Well, the schedule now runs into May, and still nothing on parades after April 15.
Do the experts here know the latest Disney is likely to post this information? We're less than a month from our first day in the parks.

The week of April 16 has finally been posted.
Parades at 3:30 and 6:30 on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, with 1:30 and 3:30 on Tuesday. No times listed yet for the second Throwback Night on Thursday.
After that, 3:30 and 6:30 every night through May 4 except for the Stars Wars Nights on May 2 and 4, when they are at 1:30 and 3:30.

The week of April 16 has finally been posted.
Parades at 3:30 and 6:30 on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, with 1:30 and 3:30 on Tuesday. No times listed yet for the second Throwback Night on Thursday.
After that, 3:30 and 6:30 every night through May 4 except for the Stars Wars Nights on May 2 and 4, when they are at 1:30 and 3:30.
Thanks so much for sharing! I just checked and I see Thursday up - same as Tuesday, which makes sense. So glad I can plan a bit more now….just waiting on fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter