No Park/Flex Day recommendations?

BigOHawk

Mouseketeer
- Disney Springs
- Pool Day
- Monorail Tour
- Skyliner
- Others?

Also, give me a great recommendation for a resort restaurant on a non park day too that is solid food at a decent price, thanks!

There are quite a few resort restaurants that we like.... it depends on your tastes really.

Sanaa
Olivias
Whispering Canyon
Ale & Compass
Sebastians

We've had great meals at all of these places.
You can also play mini golf. There are always activities at the resort to take part in too.
We usually just spend the day hanging around the pool, and then Disney Springs in the evening on non park days.

I've never done a non-park day but if I did, I'd probably do a monorail resort tour then hop on the boat and do WL as well. I hear the restaurant at CR is pretty good at a reasonable price but haven't tried it since it was the Wave.

Not a huge fan of DS, I can shop at home or go to Atlanta if I want high end shopping. But I seem to be in the minority there. I dropped in to see what all the hype was about a couple of trips ago and after a few hours said nope, not for me.

The sky-liner is o.k. again not as huge a fan as others. If you are staying on property, you could take a bus to HS and hop on it there and get off and each stop and tour the resorts on it. If you've never been to AoA and you have kids, the grounds could be fun for them to see. RIV is pretty and I hear it has some good food options. I've eaten at Topolinos and it was a fine meal but probably not something I'm going to do again until I've eaten everywhere else. I can't see it taking longer than 3 or 4 hours so you could still get your pool day in.

Before I had stayed at 80% of the resorts on property, I would take a half day out of each trip and do a resort tour and go to two or three. I'd just hop on the first bus to arrive and go from there.

We always do a nonpark day in the middle of our longer trips. We usually do breakfast and shopping along the monorail in the AM. Pools in the afternoon and then head into Disney Springs in the early evening for more shopping and dinner at Raglan Road.

- Pool in the morning
- Lunch at Disney Springs
- Monorail or boardwalk resort hopping in the afternoon
- Dinner at a resort

Meal recommendation is Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Excellent entrees for around $20 in a lovely setting.

We love non-park days and pool days on our summer/spring trips! This upcoming trip we have character breakfasts (Ohana and Chef Mickey's) and nice dinners planned (Steakhouse 71 at Contemporary and The Boathouse at Disney Springs).

I've never done a non-park day but if I did, I'd probably do a monorail resort tour then hop on the boat and do WL as well. I hear the restaurant at CR is pretty good at a reasonable price but haven't tried it since it was the Wave.

Not a huge fan of DS, I can shop at home or go to Atlanta if I want high end shopping. But I seem to be in the minority there. I dropped in to see what all the hype was about a couple of trips ago and after a few hours said nope, not for me.

The sky-liner is o.k. again not as huge a fan as others. If you are staying on property, you could take a bus to HS and hop on it there and get off and each stop and tour the resorts on it. If you've never been to AoA and you have kids, the grounds could be fun for them to see. RIV is pretty and I hear it has some good food options. I've eaten at Topolinos and it was a fine meal but probably not something I'm going to do again until I've eaten everywhere else. I can't see it taking longer than 3 or 4 hours so you could still get your pool day in.

Before I had stayed at 80% of the resorts on property, I would take a half day out of each trip and do a resort tour and go to two or three. I'd just hop on the first bus to arrive and go from there.

The reason to go to DS imo is the food, not the shopping. I could just do a food crawl there and be content.

My most recent non-park day at Coronado:
  • Morning run (grounds are so beautiful)
  • Nice leisurely breakfast at the resort (preferably outside)
  • Pool/lunch poolside
  • Nap
  • Dinner (at resort or Disney Springs)
  • Beverage at a lounge where you can see fireworks (Dahlia Lounge)

trader sam's at poly - if someone in your party is willing to sink some time into going early and getting on the list, and you feel like daydrinking

I'm planning a non-resort day on our upcoming trip as well. My 14 year old daughter likes to collect pins (not just Disney pins but all kinds) and she has expressed an interest in pin trading. So we're planning to spend the morning at the Beach Club pool, and then resort hop around the Skyliner resorts and visiting all the pin boards there, and then maybe take a bus from HS to Contemporary or TTC and do the resorts on the monorail. We've never done this before and thought it would be a fun way to see all the other resorts that we don't ever visit.

We did "monorail tour" on our off day recently. Absolutely loved it. Took the Epcot line twice, then the resort line, got off at Poly, GF, and Contemporary and spent about 30 minutes touring each resort. The entire thing took about 3 hours.

We did a pool day and then late lunch early dinner at Disney Springs on our official off day and on a non Disney day we did mini golf and an ice cream lunch at the beaches and cream walk up window

Our non park day is typically sleeping in, small snack breakfast, swimming and lunch by the pool with a dinner at Disney Springs - Homecomin'.

Non park day for us is usually late breakfast, pool time, maybe a monorail trip (or this year a Skyliner trip), dinner, and early bedtime. Complete with a very long soak in the tub and some balcony time if I can keep my eyes open. The one non-relaxing thing I usually make time for is laundry and packing up what we won’t need for the remainder of our visit so I’m not rushing around on the last night.

We used to have pool time and Disney Springs but the kids aren’t that into much at Disney Springs anymore (maybe the Lego store and since we’re an hour from the one in NY as well as Legoland I can’t go out of my way to make that a destination anymore).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter