• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NO PAT ?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
Last night when I checked in, I did not receive a PAT time. I did get a message that said that since I am using Disney transportation i do not need a PAT. Is that right? MY 2 previous cruises we had an assigned PAT and used Disney transportation. Had boarding group of 3 and 4 previously, what kind of boarding group will we get without a PAT?

From what I understand that is correct. However, if you are taking DCL from a resort, you will arrive at port and any early boarding numbers will have already boarded. In fact, you probably won't have to wait to board at all and go right onto the ship.

My understanding is you will receive a boarding number based on the time you check-in. If you are on the first bus from MCO, that likely gives you a boarding number of 2 or 3 (assuming #1 or possibly #1 and #2 are concierge and platinum).

Enjoy your cruise!

You don't need a port arrival time if you are arriving on Disney transportation. You will get to the port when the bus gets you to the port. When you check in at the port, they will give you a boarding number, if there is a wait. If no wait, you will go right on board the ship. Bon Voyage!

Those boarding #'s are offset by about 60 seconds. I think people get more worked up about them then necessary. The only issues we've seen is that the Cabana's (Dream Class) lines can start to get long at boarding in later numbers, but we've not noticed any real delay or difference in boarding numbers.

My understanding is you will receive a boarding number based on the time you check-in. If you are on the first bus from MCO, that likely gives you a boarding number of 2 or 3 (assuming #1 or possibly #1 and #2 are concierge and platinum).

Enjoy your cruise!
That has been my experience for the past 2 cruises we've taken. I think we were 2 the first time at 4 the second time.

PAT is meant to keep those arriving via their own means to not all arrive when the building opens. The Disney transportation is scheduled by Disney so the is no need for you to have a PAT when you Disney transportation.

Actually staying at Airport night before, hoping to catch 1st bus to port.
This.

If you are taking DCL transportation from MCO and are staying at the Hyatt MCO and have booked it through DCL then you will not receive a PAT.

In any other case, even using DCL transport, you will need to choose a PAT when you do online check in (unless you are Platinum or concierge). So even if you get to PC on the first bus from MCO, when you check in at PC, you will get a boarding group based on your PAT.

This.

If you are taking DCL transportation from MCO and are staying at the Hyatt MCO and have booked it through DCL then you will not receive a PAT.

In any other case, even using DCL transport, you will need to choose a PAT when you do online check in (unless you are Platinum or concierge). So even if you get to PC on the first bus from MCO, when you check in at PC, you will get a boarding group based on your PAT.

Not the case.

We booked the Hyatt at MCO ourselves. We are booked for DCL transport from MCO. We were not able to select a PAT because we received a message that we are taking DCL transportation and it did not give us the option to select a PAT.

We'll find out when we cruise what boarding number we get assigned, but there is not PAT the guest gets to see on which to base it.

SW

Not the case.

We booked the Hyatt at MCO ourselves. We are booked for DCL transport from MCO. We were not able to select a PAT because we received a message that we are taking DCL transportation and it did not give us the option to select a PAT.

We'll find out when we cruise what boarding number we get assigned, but there is not PAT the guest gets to see on which to base it.

SW
Interesting. That has not been my experience and is not what I had been told from DCL. I stayed there twice in the past two years pre-cruise and used DCL transfers and had to choose a PAT both times. Maybe it changed since I cruised in June.

Interesting. That has not been my experience and is not what I had been told from DCL. I stayed there twice in the past two years pre-cruise and used DCL transfers and had to choose a PAT both times. Maybe it changed since I cruised in June.
Yes, I think the lack of a need for a PAT just because you're using DCL transfers is new. There have been multiple threads about this lately.

We're flying in the morning of, then taking DCL transfers, & we were also not able to choose a PAT. I like the new policy- not having to worry about getting an early PAT is one less stressor for me.

We had no PAT last year because we'd spent the night at a DCL-booked hotel the night before, & used DCL transfers. We didn't rush in the morning or catch the first bus. The port was filled with people when we arrived, yet we still got boarding number 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter