• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No premear at sea Disney wonder - dial of destiny

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
We are boarding the Wonder for Alaska and sadly looking ahead there is no premear at sea of Dial of Destiny on June 30. Bummer

We cruised a few years ago when Solo was supposed to premiere. It didn’t show in the navigator, and no one we asked would say anything about it. But then on the release day they announced at the evening show that it would be shown that night. So there may still be hope!

We were just on the Wish when The Little Mermaid premiered, and they were playing it all weekend. Fingers crossed for you that it just isn't announced.

We sailed in Alaska the 12th through the 19th. They didn’t announce that we’d have a PremEar at Sea for Elemental until the evening of the 13th I think it was, and after that it showed up on the navigator (with additional showtimes, movie poster by the theater, etc.)

We didn't get GotG Vol 3 until half way through the cruise (even though we boarded on the day it came out.) Also, remember a few weeks ago, the Dream didn't get the reel for whatever they were supposed to show, so makes sense not to announce it in case something goes wrong.

From what I understand, the premiere movies are digital files transmitted to the ship via satellite along with the digital key required to play them. Sometimes these are not able to be transmitted/received for the premiere due to ship locations, satellite reception, etc.

They might also end up showing it in the live theater instead of movie theater. I saw Encanto on the Magic but it didn't premiere until the 3rd or 4th night. No announcement until the night of.

What others have said. I was on the Wonder late May, the week The Little Mermaid premiered. It was nowhere on the schedule when the cruise started. Somewhere around day 3 they started hinting that it would show during the morning show. And sure enough, it premiered in the Walt Disney Theater the night before it started on land and then had several subsequent shows throughout the remainder of the cruise.

I was on the May 24-27, Magic sailing and we were told we weren't getting it because it was a short cruise and also the first Silver Anniversary at Sea sailing.
However, there was nothing booked on night two in the Walt Disney Theater and Twice Charmed was not on the schedule. They "surprised" us with it. We didn't have a late night early premiere the night before, but this was just as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter