No Priceline for Cdns?

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used Priceline or is it just for Americans? Is there anything comparable for Canadians?

Thanks for your help!

I have used it many times. There are a few tricks though. It will not accept visa, only Amex and MC. Where it says state just pick one and enter 11111 for zip code. It will not accept a CDN adress.

So if i have an Amex or MC - i can use a "fake" billing address, but with a Visa that trick won't work? Sorry - just wanted to clarify - thanks for your help!

Thanks for the help bunnyfoo! I have looked at biddingfortravel but was unable to find any non-USA info so thank you SO much for that thread!

four more days.. hooray!

That seems odd that it won't except Visa??? That's all I've got...maybe that's why it won't accept my info...however i tried bidding last night and now I've got 10 messages in my e-mail from them asking to check my bid...what gives!!! Frustrating but I hear it's worth it??? I've been trying to get onto the sight using the e-mail link that they've given me and it never seems to load!!!
I'amm gonna check out the other sight you guys just mentioned...sounds interesting!!!!:mad: :confused: :eek:

For some reason it will not accept a CDN visa, but will accept MC or Amex. If ithey are asking you to check your bid it means they have found you a hotel room in your price range but your cc wasn't accepted.(visa).

The fake adress is because the system is not set up for Canadians, but all you need is your confirmation letter printed off your e-mail so the adress is not important.

Thanks Hockey Mom. I am going to give it a try for our next trip.

John

I have actually used my CDN Visa card to use Priceline, and it worked. I used my brother's U.S. address (he lives in Brooklyn, N.Y.). The last time I used it was 3 weeks ago, when I was trying to book a hotel room in Victoria, B.C., for spring break.

I also used the Visa card to book our Disneyland trip last September. I managed to book 2 rooms for $42/night at the Hyatt Orange County.

Previous poster is correct in that the U.S. address is not important. Nothing is ever mailed to you. What you get is a confirmation/itinerary statement, and your transaction shows up on your credit card statement.

We really enjoy using Priceline. It has always worked out for us, and we plan on using Priceline for a hotel when we've saved up to go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter