No princess dining? Other opinions needed.

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
We will taking my fiances ds7 and dd5 for their first ever disney trip this Christmas.

I've never been during the holidays so this will be new for me but I am expecting it to be crowded. Planning on 2 park days. Day 1 will be for finding out what the kids like as they've never been to any theme park ever. And then we are saving up to (crosses fingers) hopefully afford a VIP tour (depending on how crazy peak season prices get this year) to maximize only doing 2 days.

Dd5 loves princesses so will be doing meet and greets. But am I correct in remembering they have NOT replaced arials grotto anywhere on property with another princess dining meal?

Also, I wish they would do a dining meal eith the marvel characters. Ds7 would go crazy for that.

Having never dome legoland, how realistic is it to do a day at legoland? Thinking of maybe starting there as a warm up as they've never even been to a county Faire or anything so no idea how they'll like rides.

We were going to take them to WDW but that had to get canceled so now switching to my home park.

They decided to replace the "mildly expensive" experience at Ariel's Grotto with an insanely expensive princess breakfast at Napa Rose. It's $125/person.

Legoland is definitely doable in one day, and typically is less crowded than places like Disney (though it's been awhile since we've been, so I can't say for sure on the crowds) There is less to do, but enough to fill a day and try out different types of ride. The rides are also mostly low intensity, so a good place to start for people new to rides/parks.

Regarding princess dining, we did the Napa Rose princess dining experience before the pandemic. It was insanely expensive, but we met seven princesses, and had the best food I’ve ever had at a character meal. The character interactions were lovely and so personal. My 8 year old daughter still talks about it, four years later. We looked into doing it again, and it seems like it’s coming back to what it was.

For the ticket price of legoland I would choose adding a day to your tickets and/or the Napa Rose princess breakfast hands down. Legoland is ridiculously expensive for what you get. We are 10 min away from legoland, with annual passes and have been twice this year (so I could justify the AP) and likely not going back. The rides have long waits, the land is not laid out well, and unless you are a huge Lego fan who would marvel at all the creations it just misses the mark completely. It’s also an hour+ drive from Disneyland. It’s an easy drive but I would not go out of my way *at all* to do this, especially at Christmas. I’d rather spend the day at my hotel and downtown disney.

Book that princess dining for you and your DD, and let your DH and son go spend as much time as they want in Avengers Campus - use that “savings” of a legoland ticket and get him a spider bot he can have a blast with in the land.

ALso re: VIP tour, with G+ and 3 days I think you can accomplish all you would want to do. Feel free to post priorities and people here can help you maximize your time, etc.

We have done the Princess Adventure and must say it was fantastic. Something my granddaughters still talk about. We saw 6-7 princesses, the interactions were fantastic, and food was really good.

With the Captain America show opening at the Hyperion, there may be a Marvel meal to go alongside of it. There was one for the Frozen show. It was not an actual character meal like the Princess Breakfast at Napa Rose, but it did include a meet and greet with Elsa, Anna, and I believe Olaf. I expect they will have something similar when the new show opens.

We will taking my fiances ds7 and dd5 for their first ever disney trip this Christmas.

I've never been during the holidays so this will be new for me but I am expecting it to be crowded. Planning on 2 park days. Day 1 will be for finding out what the kids like as they've never been to any theme park ever. And then we are saving up to (crosses fingers) hopefully afford a VIP tour (depending on how crazy peak season prices get this year) to maximize only doing 2 days.

Dd5 loves princesses so will be doing meet and greets. But am I correct in remembering they have NOT replaced arials grotto anywhere on property with another princess dining meal?

Also, I wish they would do a dining meal eith the marvel characters. Ds7 would go crazy for that.

Having never dome legoland, how realistic is it to do a day at legoland? Thinking of maybe starting there as a warm up as they've never even been to a county Faire or anything so no idea how they'll like rides.

We were going to take them to WDW but that had to get canceled so now switching to my home park.

If you are going to Legoland during the week when school is in session, it’s a ghost town. Legoland on the weekends and during Christmas break is crazy crowded, but even crowded it’s a small enough park to do in one day.

They decided to replace the "mildly expensive" experience at Ariel's Grotto with an insanely expensive princess breakfast at Napa Rose. It's $125/person.
:oops: Wowza. Sounds like something my fiance can just take his daughter to while maybe ds7 and I go do something else. Any dining that a stereotypical boy into superheros/star wars would enjoy besides ogas?

We have done the Princess Adventure and must say it was fantastic. Something my granddaughters still talk about. We saw 6-7 princesses, the interactions were fantastic, and food was really good.
Is that the one at napa rose or a different one? Thinking I might send my fiance with his daughter to that while I take his son to go do something he likes. Is there anything that appeals to the stereotypical 7/8 yr old boy outside of the parks? Thinking we will do the meal on a down day so not "wasting" park time. The void star wars experience would have been PERFECT but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that a few years ago.

Is that the one at napa rose or a different one? Thinking I might send my fiance with his daughter to that while I take his son to go do something he likes. Is there anything that appeals to the stereotypical 7/8 yr old boy outside of the parks? Thinking we will do the meal on a down day so not "wasting" park time. The void star wars experience would have been PERFECT but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that a few years ago.
Splitsville for some bowling (and good food) would be a fun and close option. That way you can easily meet up in downtown disney after the princess dining.

Yes, Napa Rose. When we did it, I think my son took the boys to the Lego store.

Yes, Napa Rose. When we did it, I think my son took the boys to the Lego store.
Oh boy the lego store could be dangerous and end up costing my fiance more than 2 more people at the princess dining :rotfl2:

But I do love that idea

How long would you say we should plan for the princess meal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter