• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No refillable cups at the parks so how do you cut drink costs??

While I've never been so bothered by the taste of Florida tap water as to be unable to drink it, I'm thinking of bringing Propel powder (or a similar zero-calorie electrolyte powder) on my upcoming trip. Propel comes in little single serving tubes, though you need scissors to open the dang things (seems like bad design for something you drink on the go!). But you could probably snip an indent in the end of the package ahead of time to make it easier to tear. Anyway, the point I was going to make is that if you're going to do an additive, you might as well get something that'll replenish your electrolytes while you're at it, and there are some surprisingly good-tasting powders for that.

I used Propel mix-ins for the first time June 2019. I must say I was extremely happy & don't know if I'd have had no problems anyway or been just as hydrated using other products. But, I'm going to stick with Propel now to try & duplicate the great results I had.

I went back to room every afternoon for a nap & a/c while line waits were at their highest. I always had a prepared & cold Propel waiting for me. I only drank one a day, drinking water every morning & evening. I occasionally drank tea as a treat & I don't ever drink soda (which is dehydrating). I did not carry beverages in the park but got water with meals or occasional stop at a QS. I did really great.

P.S. I think mix-ins ruin a bottle to be used for anything else so I dedicated one bottle for Propel & it stayed in my fridge all week. I like that Propel mix-ins are small & virtually colorless (Gatorade's are huge in comparison & all the others seem to be colored).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter