No Room at the Inn.....

Cabe

Earning My Ears
I called Disney this moring to try to move our reservation at Pop for early May to a AAA rate at a Moderate. There were no rooms at any of the Moderates available (AAA or Regular). The only deluxes available were WL, FW, and AKL, but no standard rooms at any of those. From this news I would guess they have no need to release any codes for May. :sad2:

I can confirm this too. We had to cancel our mid May trip at POR for the 16-25. But I wanted to reschedule for any week earlier in the month. There was nothing at any of the moderates even at rack rate!

this doesn't seem normal... especially based on past history of crowds during that time. The week I'm going (May 14-21) I thought wouldn't be that bad... now I'm beginning to think otherwise

Early May is sell out is probably all the people wanting to be there for the May 5th kick off of the celebration.

dcibrando said:
this doesn't seem normal... especially based on past history of crowds during that time. The week I'm going (May 14-21) I thought wouldn't be that bad... now I'm beginning to think otherwise

We are also arriving on the 14th of May and I'm starting to get nervous :earseek: about how big the crowds will be. We picked May because I figured it would be a slower time of the year.

Out of curiousity, I went on disneyworld.com and plugged in our dates of travel to see what was still available (we'll be there 5/1 thru 5/8) and CBR, POFQ and AKL all came up on the first try. I'd call back and try again.

I just did some checking online. I did see mods avail for May 1 - 8 but still none for 5 - 12. I also checked several days out (i.e. 6, 9, 12, all for 7 nights) and no mods. Out of curiosity I check the 14 - 21 and still nothing for a moderate. Unfortunately May is looking busy! I too thought it might have been a quieter month, guess I was wrong.

Normally May is not terribly crowded. Moderate crowds but not insanely busy or anything. The Happiest Celebration on Earth is drawing more people there this May than usual. It is anticipated to be a VERY busy month this year. Plan ahead!!! I highly recommend TourGuideMIKE for helping to avoid the crowds and long lines. We've used the automated vacation planner for the last 2 years during the week between Christmas and New Years as well as the last week in April last year and in all 3 trips we haven't waited longer than 10-15 minutes for ANYTHING, most of the time it's under 10 minutes. He has special content for the celebration this year as well.

I agree! I went to the cast reservation website and while there is some limited availability the first week, there is absolutely no moderate availability the second week and very limited availability the second week for a delux....lots for values though. I think it's the weekend of the 7th that is wreaking havoc, not so much the whole week. Anyone who booked with the mindset of "I looked at last year's pattern" made a huge mistake. With the kickoff and the increase in attendance over the past year, the history of WDW attendance is changing. So stop reading those books and go by the actual first hand reports you're reading on the boards. We are booked both the first and second week and I really thought the first week would be wild, but now I'm thinking the second week will be worse.

Maybe it also has something to do with all of the FREE trips being given away for the kickoff (clear channel radio stations). I believe it's for the timeframe of that first weekend.

Lets keep in mind there are a lot of reservations out there that will be cancelled due to no general codes, and I feel like while May might be more crowded than in the past, it's not going to be like it usually is in June when school lets out.

I was hoping to not wait in line more than 30 minutes for any ride during the 2nd week of may

Last night someone pointed out that the parks ,excepting AK,are offering 2 morning EMH a week through May. On Disney's site,the MK calendar does not show this but the listing of EMH does. I think WDW is expecting huge crowds for the 50th celebration.
I've been going to WDW since 1972 and it used to be that there were times throughout the year when attendance was low. The last few years, however, those times are fewer and further apart. The weak dollar is encouraging more foreign travel and I'm sure this accounts for alot of the crowds.
Crowds or not my family has always enjoyed our stays.

don't forget folks that this is the Happiest Celebration on Earth! Disney is expecting to top every other attendance record out there! Experts are saying stay away from May unless you really like to be malled by large crowds! Just something to remember.

dcibrando said:
Lets keep in mind there are a lot of reservations out there that will be cancelled due to no general codes, and I feel like while May might be more crowded than in the past, it's not going to be like it usually is in June when school lets out.

I was hoping to not wait in line more than 30 minutes for any ride during the 2nd week of may
:rotfl: I'm sorry. I had to laugh. I know a lot of people who are pulling there kids out of school to be down the for the 50th celebration. That starts on May 5. I have a friend who is a princess at WDW and she is on black out from the beginning of May until Aug or Sept. No summer break for her! They are even uping the training for security to handle the over the top crowds. Also with the new MYW packages it is even more affordable for people to go.

Agreed (with poster above)! yes for every one reservation being canceled there will be tons more trying to be booked. Most folks do not plan as great as we do, and I think over the next few weeks, especially when and if the sun starts coming out, people will start focusing on those vacations. I can't tell you how many people I know that put together trips over a couple of weeks. While I plan the year before. I noticed 2 new commercials just this past week and with Easter over and spring breaks coming to an end....let the planning begin! I do need to sit down and finish making my PS, but was waiting for my less than 30 day mark to get those late evening PS at MGM. BTW!!! don't forget to recheck that calendar for May. Whenever Disney posts a new month, as they will be posting June soon, they will also make adjustments to other months. I can tell you now, they are no way finished with May yet. I think we will see many adjustments on those first 2 weeks as we get closer.

yeah there was no moderate rooms for our visit under fla rates or ap for may6-8th.

Ok, you guys are freaking me out a little. I'm headed to WDW May 9th to the 14th and that's looking like it's going to be PACKED?! I knew about the Celebration of course, but it goes on for 18 months, I didn't think everyone would want to show up for it right in the first 2 weeks! I was hoping for average to a little less than average since schools haven't let out yet and so soon after spring breaks. :sad2:

I also checked the CM reservation website and there are NO moderates available during that timeframe either, under any of the 3 levels of discounts. Lots of availability at the value resorts. Glad I'm at the value resorts myself, sounds like the moderates will be hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter