No room ready text?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
We’re driving in now and we haven’t received a text yet that our room is ready. It’s currently 4:30. What’s the latest that we should expect it to be ready?

I never got one in January. Went to see if there was an issue at the front desk and there was. We had a two bedroom villa booked and the bathroom in the one bedroom was not working. But they let us go into the room anyway. So I would just stop by the front desk. Have fun!

The text is hit and miss, we got it about half the time, which is fine since we actually like going to the lobby to check-in:)

It must be hit or miss. We went directly to our dinner reservation so we haven’t been to our room yet but still no text. It’s 6:25 pm. MDE shows no room assignment either.

It must be hit or miss. We went directly to our dinner reservation so we haven’t been to our room yet but still no text. It’s 6:25 pm. MDE shows no room assignment either.
We have NEVER EVER gotten a room ready text. We always do online check in. We have always had to physically go to the desk to check in.

Well...we just finally got the text. We requested a high floor close to the lobby. We got a 1st floor room far away from the lobby. Oh, well. We tried. :(

We’re driving in now and we haven’t received a text yet that our room is ready. It’s currently 4:30. What’s the latest that we should expect it to be ready?

On most of my recent trips I never received the room ready text. This last time over Christmas, I logged onto the My Disney Experience app and my room number was on there. Since I did online check-in, I just went straight to the room

We do online check in for each trip and have got a text . But we have never not had our room ready after we get off ME . We have been many times . Love Disney more each time .

Well...we just finally got the text. We requested a high floor close to the lobby. We got a 1st floor room far away from the lobby. Oh, well. We tried. :(
Wow, fail on both counts- floor and location :scared:. I never get texts, but get room notification on MDE sometimes! However I just go to front desk when I arrive and check in. I never wait for notification.

We do online check in for each trip and have got a text . But we have never not had our room ready after we get off ME . We have been many times . Love Disney more each time .

That's been my experience and I usually land around noon. I really think that when you do the first checkin at ME, a message goes to the resort saying you are at the airport. I usually get the text on the bus. Last time I was just about to get on the bus.

This has happened to us twice. At OKW there was a “mechanical issue” that took some units out of inventory and we were moved to BLT. And at BLT this February we never received a text, but there was no issue for our first night. We changed rooms the next day (for another view) and we did receive a text that time. Mostly though over the years we have received a timely text.

For the first time, i did not receive a text for my stay in March. So...we went to the hotel and 'checked in', but the room was not ready. The CM stated that we would receive a text. We never did and ended up just going back to the hotel and using the front desk again. That CM called to some room assignment person who then put us in a room. I never experienced that scenario before. I hope this is just a glitch and not a sign of things to come.

We have never gotten a room ready text while at airport or on ME. We usually arrive late morning. At times, we have a room shortly, other times a several hours. We have never had to wait until 5 or later.

One we were doing a split stay, checked out of BLT and was waiting for room text for AKL. Went to MK for a bit. Nothing , nothing. Went over about three. Our room was ready but it was not what we were expecting. I was told since we were the last one to check in (even though we did online at least a month prior), there was nothing they could do. They did offer to move us the next day, but we didn't want to pack up and move again.

The bad part was it was the last room on the savanna, right next to the pool. We got all the pool noise, the pool games, the compressor in the morning for cleaning. We are sit on balcony, drink coffee, read books type people.

From now on, I'd check in with the front desk if we don't hear anything.

My last trip was the first time I didn’t get any kind of text. We went to the front desk (at BWI), the CM showed us three rooms that were ready, and let us choose which one we wanted. I agree it’s a good idea to touch base with the front desk if you don’t get a text.

Texts are spotty at best. We don't get one more often than getting one. What we do get quite often is the old "your room is not quite ready yet" text!

As these posts are driving home, not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. And nobody knows how they decide who gets to and who doesn't.

I use to get the text, when they first released that feature. The last year, it has been very hit and miss. The app is far more reliable for room information. Also, I’ve haD issues with online check in. Las time, I completely filled it out and confirmed, even got an initial text day of arrival. Ended up going to the front desk after 3pm only to be told it looked like we never checked in.

I found once I cleaned up my MDE, made extra magic bands inactive and deleted guests that we had on there but weren't our regular party like DS's old girlfriend and friends we met up with one trip, that online check in and room ready texts work better now. I decline new bands now too and we each have 2 we use and keep active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter