no rooms Nov 9-12 -> Why?

BadDad

Mouseketeer
I plan to be in a conference in Orlando Nov 9 & 10, 2017. I tried to book a hotel room at a WDW resort that following weekend Nov 11 & 12 but there is none available. Why? Is there a special event?

Jersey Week is the week before. A lot of vacations during that week. You may see some openings soon as full payment is about to be due and some will cancel.

I plan to be in a conference in Orlando Nov 9 & 10, 2017. I tried to book a hotel room at a WDW resort that following weekend Nov 11 & 12 but there is none available. Why? Is there a special event?

You sure you are searching correctly? I see lots of availability. :confused3

Yeah. W&D is the prior weekend. But the 9-12 includes a holiday weekend and the end of Food & Wine, which is typically bananas.
:banana::drinking1:banana:

What is Jersey Week?
The NJ teacher convention is that Thursday & Friday and NJ schools are closed both days. Many families take vacation to WDW that week, in many cases taking their kids out of school earlier in the week.

We're at a conference the week prior, and I booked a stay from Nov 4th departing the 8th way back in March or April or something, just in case. I sure was glad I did - Saturday the 4th disappeared shortly thereafter for all the hotels I wanted, likely due to the FW 1/2 marathon.

Oddly, when I type in your dates, I get nothing for the 9th-12th (OK, VGF, but that's it), but when I look for 9th-11th and then 11th-12th, there is a lot of choice - including stays at the same rate at the same hotel(s). I saw that this has been happening with online booking. If I were you, I'd call or book them separately and then call to see if they can be combined. Good luck.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter