No sea days?

I apologize in advance as I am considering our first family cruise for 2019 so I am sure I am going to have tons of questions! Would be me, DH, DD (4 at sailing) and baby to be (8ish months in March 2019)

Looking at some time in the early part of 2019, was leaning towards March or May to hopefully avoid some of the spring break crowds, and get warmer weather then February but open to other suggestions here too.

Currently I am only looking at DCL, and am thinking of a cruise out of Miami but port Canaveral isn't out of the question either. Miami with a 4 or 5 night cruise would allow for 2/3 days to see family before or after, killing 'two birds with one stone type of thing'.

Anyway some of the cruises I am considering have no 'sea days' is this bad. Should I only be looking at itineraries with sea days?

Also all Cruises out of Miami are the Magic ship, if anyone has any comments there as well :)
Our first cruise was at the end of February 2015 on the Magic from Port Canaveral. The weather was beautiful, mid to low 80s and I felt like the Magic was the perfect size for our kids (age 9, 7, 5 at the time). You will have a fantastic time even without official sea days since you can spend as much or as little time as you want to at each port. Have fun planning!

We have been on 3 cruises, all different boats and our first trip and favorite boat is Magic!! Then Wonder. Our family loves the smaller boats. Felt less crowded to us. We have the 4th trip booked and it will be on the Magic again.

I think no sea days is fine, we have gone to ports and stayed on the boat, Key West was one on Magic that we stayed on the boat. Most parents left the kids on the boat based on how packed the Oceanears club was and how I got the adult pool to myself. I was litterally the one person in the adult pool area for 3 hours. It was worth skipping.

We have also gone to port at St. Maarten and ended up going back on the boat around 11am and having more fun on the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter