No shame in my pool side lunch game

How about sparkling wine along with cheese and crackers along side lazy river at Aulani.. One of our best afternoons there.. All from Costco.

This is what I love about DVC.

I was telling my DH about this thread and he said, " the kitchen and being having our own food is one of the main reason for our purchase.

I reminded him that part of our summer vacation this year at VB would could only get two rooms in the INN. But remember that there is a kitchenette. He said that is all he needs. A place to have a quick breakfast, store cold drinks and snacks. For me, my own coffee in the morning.

Love my DVC?:mickeyjum

Hang out and grill and often folks who are leaving will gift you with their "leftovers." Once it was a case of Heineken. Unopened. I love DVC. :teeth:

Already planning to grill at our next stay. Steaks and corn on the cob.

Bottle of wine for me. Sweet tea for the hubby. (He doesn't drink.)

If someone stops by, I will be happy to share my wine.

I do love the sharing that goes on with DVC. We found a Mickey balloon and pool noodles by the elevator our first day there. We enjoyed them for the week the left the noodles and some cups and unopened chips we didn't eat. I'm sure they disappeared quickly!

We always get double takes with our large plastic wine and champagne glasses and platter of veggies, cheese, crackers and chips and guacamole. We bring the wine down in cleaned out coke bottles. As long as you follow the no glass rule you are welcome to bring your beverages and food and we spend most of our pool time at Stormalong Bay.

Ditto on the steaks. We opened a nice bottle of red and brought it down in our plastic glasses and had our steaks with microwaveable sides that we picked up at whole foods at a table down at the quiet pool. The looks we got were priceless

Please please please follow the rules though. I got an infection from a tiny sliver of glass I stepped on one day at the pool. We were chatting with a cast member the day before we left who came over to check our plastic wine glasses and told us the story of a guest who had broken a wine glass the evening before. Sure enough, a couple of days later I developed a terrible pain in the ball of my foot. Lo and behold, there was the sliver.

We always get double takes with our large plastic wine and champagne glasses and platter of veggies, cheese, crackers and chips and guacamole. We bring the wine down in cleaned out coke bottles. As long as you follow the no glass rule you are welcome to bring your beverages and food and we spend most of our pool time at Stormalong Bay.

Ditto on the steaks. We opened a nice bottle of red and brought it down in our plastic glasses and had our steaks with microwaveable sides that we picked up at whole foods at a table down at the quiet pool. The looks we got were priceless

Please please please follow the rules though. I got an infection from a tiny sliver of glass I stepped on one day at the pool. We were chatting with a cast member the day before we left who came over to check our plastic wine glasses and told us the story of a guest who had broken a wine glass the evening before. Sure enough, a couple of days later I developed a terrible pain in the ball of my foot. Lo and behold, there was the sliver.

Ugh rule breakers! Plan ahead! Get cans, buy plastic cups! So much better for all. Glass is no fun!

I love the microwavable sides idea! I was just thinking about grilling veg, but that sounds so much easier :)

We carry a soft sided or collapsible cooler to the pool. We have gotten really creative and have had people ask where did you get that. Here are a few things that we like pool side. Rolled prosciutto and mozzarella in the log style (we slice it the room), rosemary bread sticks the cracker style ones, Olives, artichokes, and a plastic container filled with wine, with the freezer stick thing to keep it cold. When the kids were little, rolled deli meats and cheese, carrot and celery sticks with ranch for dipping, I found cutting up sandwiches into triangles worked better, I could hand them a small triangle they would eat it and then back into the pool. I a short amount of time I could get a whole sandwich in them without them realizing they had eaten... Sneaky.... But whatever works.

I don't know about other resorts, but I know Saratoga Springs has grill utensils you can check out from the community hall. You can also get charcoal at the resort grocery. The thing we had the most difficulty finding was a book of matches.

My whole family loves steaks, so we go to Costco and buy 4 for around 50.00 ( almost the price of one in a TS restaurant ) and we grill them with some potatoes wrapped in foil by the BW quiet pool, enjoying some chilled beers or wine while the kids are in the pool or are in the community hall , you should see some people's faces when they see what's on the grill!
I also prepare some fresh guacamole and salsa in our room and take them by the pool with some chips and a cooler with some beers and wine, while the kids have their mugs ,people sometimes ask where we got the guacamole , lol :)
sometimes we also take with us from home some marinated fajitas that we freeze and put in our luggage and grill them the same way.
we will be there for the 4th of July (God willing ) and will do just that,
grill by the pool and later enjoy the fireworks and not drive at all :yay:[/QUOT

We had a giordannas pizza delivered to beach club. Storm along bay CM stated you can not bring in outside food. It was in the box. But there were only 3 families present, including us. So they decided we could stay. AKL kidani said no outside food too. But I am a rebel and have brought in one pop and a few Cheetos and a fruit snack or two.

We had a giordannas pizza delivered to beach club. Storm along bay CM stated you can not bring in outside food. It was in the box. But there were only 3 families present, including us. So they decided we could stay. AKL kidani said no outside food too. But I am a rebel and have brought in one pop and a few Cheetos and a fruit snack or two.
Yes, in mixed (DVC/nonDVC) areas with their own food service available, I could see this coming up.

A few years ago we stayed at OKW for 11 days. We went to the pool for a few hours each day. We always buy a disposable cooler bag at Publix when we get down there and take water, beer, and pop (we're refillable mug people).

We just brought our drinks, but there was a big group of folks that had set up camp at the pool each day. They had tons of snacks and drinks, and it looked like a big family party every day that we were there! I got the impression that they were not going to the parks much, but we were there for 11 days, and they were there every single day! It looked so fun! I think I could get on board with a big group resort trip to a DVC resort! We called them the "pool people"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter