• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Text Input While in Italy?

cwis

DIS Veteran
TL;DR: couldn't reply/post new threads until I turned on a VPN.

----

I'm having a weird issue. Took me a while (and another morning coffee) to figure out.

We're currently in a DCL cruise. Were in Civitavecchia yesterday and today is Livorno.

I'm using my European SIM card, my iPad is connected to the “WINDTRE” network. This morning, I found out I could no longer enter text when replying to threads/posting new threads:
1653464363990.png

However, just by turning on a VPN helped it solve it all:
1653464181972.png

In the end just a “minor” inconvenience as I found a workaround.

Just thought it might be useful to post this thread here if someone has the same issue.

I would guess there is some kind of rule in place that blocks certain IP addresses from posting, and somehow the IP that the mobile operator gives here in Pisa is in the unfortunate range.

---

Mods: feel free to edit this post or let me know, if you think this is inappropriate to use a VPN. It is my understanding that it is not forbidden, but will obviously comply if it is (even if it means no more Disboards posting from my vacation!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter