No upgrades on Disney Collection?

doubletroublemom

Mouseketeer
We recently stayed at the Contemporary on points. After being in our room several hours, we realized that the thermostat wasn't working. Unsure if they would be able to fix it, they suggested moving to a room down the hall. We asked if we could get an upgrade for our inconvenience and were told that being DVC worked to our disadvantage because of the contract they had, and that they could not upgrade us. My DH could not believe that any "joe shmo" could get an upgrade, but we DVC members, owners of a "piece of the magic" could not. Can anyone tell me if this is indeed true? Has anyone ever been upgraded (without paying extra) at a Disney Collection property? Thanks. :confused:

I know you cannot get an upgrade to a concierge room on points. Perhaps in extreme circumstances this might be done, but otherwise you won't be upgraded to concierge. It is possible, however, to receive an upgrade from a standard view to water view. In fact, DVC members often do get very nice water view rooms. We had a beautiful water view room at the YC when we stayed there on points. What type of room were you in? If you already had a preferred view room, then they would not have upgraded you any higher. If you had a standard type of view, they probably could have done better!

Upgrades for those staying on points is at the discretion of the resort. DVC has negotiated a "run-of-the-house" room for members- which means that we will receive the best room available at check in.

In some cases that will mean a water-view, others it will be standard view.

We are sort of at the mercy of the host resort...and it will likely depend on how filled they are with their own cash guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter