• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Via Napoli on Dec 13?

DisneyPrince1982

DIS Veteran
Hard to believe I can't get a Via Napoli ADR or Beaches & Cream with 2.5 months notice. The lack of dining openings is really starting to become a problem.

On site guests are able to book reservations 180 days in advance of their stay. December is a very popular time, especially for DVC owners.

I understand the 180 day rule but that is suppose to be for uber hard to get restaurants. This is also early Dec, not late Dec. Not everyone plans their trips out 180 days. I think this becoming a big, big problem.

I understand the 180 day rule but that is suppose to be for uber hard to get restaurants. This is also early Dec, not late Dec. Not everyone plans their trips out 180 days. I think this becoming a big, big problem.

Early December is the busiest time for DVC members. as far as this becoming a "big, big problem", I doubt Disney sees it that way. They are happy to see their restaurants filled. Also, it is my understanding that neither of those restaurants have a very high seating capacity so I would assume they would fill up faster.

B&C fills up really quickly. It is tiny and popular...not a good formula when trying to get a reservation two or three months out. Via Napoli is hit or miss, but not surprised at all that at two and a half months out, nothing is available. It has become one of the more popular options. I might go ahead and make alternate plans, but keep watching, as things are always opening up as people change their plans.

Sorry you are disappointed, but I don't agree that it is "a big, big problem". I got everything I wanted by booking 180 days in advance - not just the "uber popular" ADR's.
Beaches & Cream is tiny. It books immediately. Via Napoli has become one of the most popular restaurants in WS. You are late looking for popular restaurants. Your lack of planning is not Disney's problem.
Keep checking, Cancellations do occur.

Oh well I just got it. I just increased my party size until I found space. I guess Disney holds out space for different party size and it might say not available for a smaller party size and available for a larger one. I took it.

I had been looking for Via Napoli since my 180 date. I finally got one about 2/3 days ago. (27 days out) I was surprised that I got it. Glad you got yours too!!

That time of year also has the Candlelight Processional packages which are very popular - the packages probably take a lot of the spots and via Napoli is a popular package choice because it is one of the cheaper options.

I have found that early December is consistently one of the hardest times of the year to get ADRs (even harder than some of the peak crowd times).

I think, as others have mentioned, it's a combination of free dining, early December being a popular DVC time, and Candlelight Processional.

Disney Dining Scout just snagged me a B&C ADR. Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money well spent there.

Well, at least we now know they are still operating. Can't figure out why Disney hasn't sent them a Cease and Desist letter like the other places. :confused3

As for Via Napoli, I always have trouble getting an ADR there. Yet, I am ALWAYS able to do a walk up for that timeframe and get in.

Personally, I cannot wait for them to get shut down. And flipping Disney 'da bird' probably isn't all that wise. I suspect Disney's Legal Team is slightly bigger than Scout's Legal Team.

I don't think they're doing anything wrong. They're not actually booking the ADRs, just sending an alert. Perfectly acceptable.

I don't think they're doing anything wrong. They're not actually booking the ADRs, just sending an alert. Perfectly acceptable.

If it is perfectly acceptable then how and/or why is Disney sending Cease and Desist letters to the other sites who did no more or less than this? Nothing personal; I get why you used the service, but I am not sad all of those services are going away in some form.

You might not be but many people are. Some people work so they don't have an opportunity to click 200x a day at random times to try and get that rare BOG reservation.

Thts a little rude. I work and I do not check 200 times per day, but I get many of the ADR's I want. I do nto have strong feelings about these services one way or the other, but I will say that if they really are slowing the site down becaus eof the way they scan, then I am all for shutting them down. You see, I work and I do not have time to deal with the issues I experience while the website is bogged down.

I have Via Napoli for th 13th, and had no issues getting it. I planned a last minute trip so I did compromise some of my times, but with the exception of BOG dinner on the 12th, I got everything my party wanted. I normally would just move on and be happy with the choices but my DDIL has never had dinner in BOG and I thought that she might like it, SO I have been checking periodically.

I have to say that I have never understool how dining can make or break a trip. YEs, there are favorite places to eat, but there are so many to choose from that if one is not available, another will be. That was how I discovered Narcoosee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter