No watched threads list? No hot button for last seen posts on TRs?

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
Is there no "Watched Threads" list anymore? I can't find it! Also, there used to be a button for (little blue one) for picking up where we'd last left off on a thread. No more?

ETA: Found the watched threads place, but no place to find last seen....

Also, it looks like when you've viewed (caught up on a TR, replied, etc...) it doesn't go away from the watched threads like it used to. That'd be nice so we can see our progress on "catching up".

The viewed threads will stay. They don't drop off anymore.
Well poop. I guess in order to remember where you've caught up, you'll have to go in order of where they are in your list. And there's no real way to know for sure. Also, without the button to take you to last seen, you have to randomly pick a page and hope you don't have to hunt around for where you left off. Not going to be easy.

Well poop. I guess in order to remember where you've caught up, you'll have to go in order of where they are in your list. And there's no real way to know for sure. Also, without the button to take you to last seen, you have to randomly pick a page and hope you don't have to hunt around for where you left off. Not going to be easy.
I am on another board that is this way and when I click on my link to take me to the thread I am watching it always takes me to my last viewed post on that thread so you should be fine.

I am on another board that is this way and when I click on my link to take me to the thread I am watching it always takes me to my last viewed post on that thread so you should be fine.
Okay, so simply clicking the title now takes you to last seen? Right? That's easy enough. :) Thanks!

Is there no "Watched Threads" list anymore? I can't find it! Also, there used to be a button for (little blue one) for picking up where we'd last left off on a thread. No more?

ETA: Found the watched threads place, but no place to find last seen....

I thought <watched> was gone too - then realized I just had to sign back in. :laughing:

As for <go to first unread>, try <jump to new> -- right next to the <watch> button on the upper right.

Also, it looks like when you've viewed (caught up on a TR, replied, etc...) it doesn't go away from the watched threads like it used to. That'd be nice so we can see our progress on "catching up".

It doesn't go away, but (at least as I'm viewing on the PC) the ones that have new-to-me posts are bolded, and the ones I'm caught up on aren't. I actually like it!

I don't see that option at all next to the watch button. There is a pull down, but the only options are "edit thread" and "create poll".

For me it worked better with watched threads how it was before, where only the ones with new posts showed up when you click on ‘watched threads’ (now they all show up but ones with new posts are just slightly bolded). I’ll get used to it but the old way was preferable for me.

It doesn't go away, but (at least as I'm viewing on the PC) the ones that have new-to-me posts are bolded, and the ones I'm caught up on aren't. I actually like it!
Yes, it took me a bit to see that... I"m not sure what the checkbox to the right of the title is for...

For me it worked better with watched threads how it was before, where only the ones with new posts showed up when you click on ‘watched threads’ (now they all show up but ones with new posts are just slightly bolded). I’ll get used to it but the old way was preferable for me.
I 100% agree. When you're subscribed to 30 threads or more, it was nice to "see" your progress and helped me decide if I could reasonably tackle my list and helped me budget my time better.

I don't see that option at all next to the watch button. There is a pull down, but the only options are "edit thread" and "create poll".

I don't see those, but I wonder if it's because you're the OP of the thread? Try going into one you didn't start.

I also noticed some new options (I think - I could have just not noticed them in the old system, and I'm exploring on purpose now.)

There is a <find threads> button that pops me right to a list of threads I started, and then I have the option of going to <unanswered threads>, which seems to show just brand new stuff that nobody has replied to yet.

I don't see those, but I wonder if it's because you're the OP of the thread? Try going into one you didn't start.
Yep, found it now. :) THanks!

I also noticed some new options (I think - I could have just not noticed them in the old system, and I'm exploring on purpose now.)

There is a <find threads> button that pops me right to a list of threads I started, and then I have the option of going to <unanswered threads>, which seems to show just brand new stuff that nobody has replied to yet.
Ohh, I'll have to check that out!! :)

It was called unread watched threads on the old interface. It only showed watched threads that had unread posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter