No WDW for my 50th Bday Its a sad day

Tina1

DIS Veteran
Let me start by saying I have been going to Disney for 12 years now, once to twice a year. Three times in 2012 when I was diagnosed with Cancer. One of my favorite trips was on my 40th birthday. I have been talking to the kids for 10 years saying I cant wait to go for my 50th. After our Dec 2013 trip we have decided to venture out else where. We found the fastpass+ way to stress full. Trying to plan sit down meals, with the FP+ and park hopping is just to much. I love to park hop:thumbsup2.(but its no longer worth the money):confused: I'm not giving up totally just waiting a year are two to see how things go. Its a sad day for me I already miss it. If the current FP system is hear to stay, we will possibly still do WDW once every 3 to 4 years maybe

I understand what you're saying but I'm sorry that this has coincided with your 50th birthday. We are holding off for a while too but we haven't had to deal with what you've had to deal with so it doesn't matter that much.

Happy birthday and here's to a great trip when you're ready. :hug:

Don't forget about the magical parts of Disney. The atmosphere, watching the faces of those who have never been, the happiness all around.

Wishing you a Happy 50th birthday--whatever you decide to do. :wizard:

It sounds to me like you really want to go. I know FP+ is not to everyone's liking, but if you really want to go, go! Of course it's your choice, but I wouldn't deprive yourself of something you really want to do to make a point. If FP+ is really too much for you, then not going seems like the right call for you, in which case, have a great alternate vacation.

Sorry, I know exactly how you feel. :( I have a milestone birthday this year, too and would have loved to spend it at WDW. I won't be, due to FP+.

:hug::hug:

Let me start by saying I have been going to Disney for 12 years now, once to twice a year. Three times in 2012 when I was diagnosed with Cancer. One of my favorite trips was on my 40th birthday. I have been talking to the kids for 10 years saying I cant wait to go for my 50th. After our Dec 2013 trip we have decided to venture out else where. We found the fastpass+ way to stress full. Trying to plan sit down meals, with the FP+ and park hopping is just to much. I love to park hop:thumbsup2.(but its no longer worth the money):confused: I'm not giving up totally just waiting a year are two to see how things go. Its a sad day for me I already miss it. If the current FP system is hear to stay, we will possibly still do WDW once every 3 to 4 years maybe

I would head to Disneyland. A different park could be fun and exciting for your 50th birthday.

why does someone have to be so nasty when someone is expressing their disappointment.

Op I am sorry that your disappointment coincides with your big 50 celebration

Enjoy your "venture elsewhere". Too much of a good thing is just that - too much.

Well, at least you're not giving up on Disney entirely. I understand why you want to wait for the dust to settle over FP+, especially since you have already experienced being in the parks during its initial phase and can base your opinion of it on that. Have a great 50th Birthday, regardless of where you decide to celebrate it.

I was also going to suggest Disneyland. We went for my 40th birthday and it was an amazing experience! Personally, we didn't think FP+ was that bad, but it sounds like you need a change. Regardless, have a wonderful 50th!

As we often say in our household, whenever circumstances force us to change our plans, "It is what it is!"

Don't be sad. Figure out another way to celebrate your 50th and go have an awesome time. :thumbsup2 If you really want to make it a "Disney thing", go spend that money on a Disney cruise, or a trip to Disneyland.

You tried FP+ last December, and you didn't like it. We tried it last December, and we liked it just fine. For us, it works well, especially in combination with park hopping. For you, not so much. Neither of us is "wrong". We just have different styles of touring.

So, rather than sit around being sad, figure out what does work for you, and then go do that. Fifty is a big important number, and you deserve to celebrate your milestone birthday with no regrets. Give yourself that gift!

We're recently back from celebrating my 55th. It was wonderful. We're not huge FP+ fans; it had some negatives and some positives, just like the half-century life that you're celebrating. Go do something fun, whether it's WDW or elsewhere.

I'm sorry that you're sad about it.

Maybe think about a way you can work it into a bigger vacation, but not have it be the whole vacation? It sounds like it's a special place for you, it would be a shame to let FP+ completely ruin it. I think waiting a year is a good plan too. I think things will calm down by then (hopefully!)

I hope you find a way to work WDW in somehow to your very special celebration. And if not, I hope you find another super place to spend time with your family. :goodvibes

I know a lot of people on these boards will disagree with me, but the world doesn't begin and end at WDW. There are lots of great places to visit in this world. Maybe it's time to branch and do something different. You never know you may find something you like just as much as or more than Disney.

It may, or may not, be here to stay. If it can be shown that so many people dislike the FP+ system that there is a statistically significant drop in attendance, there will most definitely be changes.

I really don't see this happening. There are fewer and fewer discounts being offered, which is a pretty good indication that attendance is increasing and the powers-that-be see no need to convince people to visit. Add to that all the "it's so crowded!" posts and "There's no slow times any more!" comments.

Disney World is incredibly successful at the moment. FP+ isn't going to change that.

I've got family at Disney right now, casual visitors who weren't terribly impressed with previous visits (approx. 5 years ago). They used to say they preferred Sea World and Universal. This is their first time staying at a Moderate, and they say they're having a GREAT time. They love their magic bands and FP+, and have changed their minds about Disney. If enough visitors are like them, it won't matter if Disney loses a few like the OP.

OP - If it's going to make you sad to not go on your 50th, then you should just go and not worry about FP+. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter