Noel's Impact on Castaway Cay

Aside from a little beach erosion (and a TON of seaweed at Serenity Bay), I am happy to report that there was little to no damage to CC.
That's great news. We sail Saturday on the Magic.

Woody

Hi Folks,

Been off the Magic for a little over 24 hours now and still rocking! This was the roughest sea I have ever sailed. We never did not feel the motion of the ocean! It was comical the first couple of night to see everyone walking funny. The last two nights were the worst though. 20 foot waves,,wind gusts up to 30 MPH so upper decks were closed for safety reasons. Drawers in our room were opening and closing the entire night. We were very disappointed about CC but happy everyone got home safely. I told my DH that "we are just going to have to plan another DC to experience CC!"

Hope cruisers this week have better weather!!!

Hi Folks,

Been off the Magic for a little over 24 hours now and still rocking! This was the roughest sea I have ever sailed. We never did not feel the motion of the ocean! It was comical the first couple of night to see everyone walking funny. The last two nights were the worst though. 20 foot waves,,wind gusts up to 30 MPH so upper decks were closed for safety reasons. Drawers in our room were opening and closing the entire night. We were very disappointed about CC but happy everyone got home safely. I told my DH that "we are just going to have to plan another DC to experience CC!"

Hope cruisers this week have better weather!!!
I know what you mean about the waves and all. We were on the Wonder and we got the waves heading back in nov 1. I think every joint in the ship that could creak was creaking.....it was almost kinda spooky... perfect for the ending of a halloween cruise... well if you wanna call it perfect...HEHEHE

We were on the Wonder just last week. We did end up having to board early the day we were at Castaway Cay (2:30 pm instead of 5:30 pm). The Captain said he wanted to beat the storm before it hit the island. We managed to get ahead of it. He kept us in the shelter of one of the Bahamian islands the next day so it wasn't too bad. At the reception he called it being between a "rock" (the hurricane) and a "hard place" (the cold front which brought pretty bad winds). But we were on the shuttle back with some carnival cruisers and they seemed to have had it much worse. They complained the whole way back that their ship was rocking really bad for days. I guess Captain John just knew what he was doing!

Hi, I was on this trip and that creaking sound that last night was definately the scariest thing that I have ever heard!!! The severe rocking and the creaking was a thing to remember!!!:scared1: :laughing: :scared1:

We were on the Magic once with 20 to 30 foot seas and I have to say, I was :scared1: scared. I love an element of danger, but I could not go out on the veranda during that weather!:scared1: And my poor husband was in bed, not scared, just sick :sick: . At one point I was afraid that all that creeking the ship was going to break up (in my vivid imagination that is.);)

We were on the Magic once with 20 to 30 foot seas and I have to say, I was :scared1: scared. I love an element of danger, but I could not go out on the veranda during that weather!:scared1: And my poor husband was in bed, not scared, just sick :sick: . At one point I was afraid that all that creeking the ship was going to break up (in my vivid imagination that is.);)

I have to admit when i heard about all this creaking i kept thinking and remembering that the ship was put together half at a time and i just kept picturing it splitting down the middle! not a good thought! :scared1:

We were on the rocking Halloween Magic as well. Kids (5 and 6) slept through it all, but DH and I got very little sleep on the last night. We were definitly rocking and rolling, but the noise was the worst. Creaking, groaning, etc. We laughed and said it was like staying on a haunted ship, perfect for our Halloween cruise.

Certainly had rough seas, but we were on the MAGIC! Now if I could stop rocking and rolling at home.

Certainly had rough seas, but we were on the MAGIC! Now if I could stop rocking and rolling at home.

That is my problem. I don't get seasick, but it takes me a very long time to stop rocking after I get off. For the cruise we took with the high seas, it took about 8 weeks before it was completely gone. The next cruise we took the seas were not that bad (12 ft max). For that one it took about 2 weeks to stop. I hope yours goes away quickly!

I just watched the DCL episode on the Travel Channel....did NOT know about the ship being "glued" together in the middle! lol

I would have thought the same thing!! We are midship...I think I would have not requested that...will WONDER if I am at the spot that got "glued" together!

My DH was laughing at me talking about all the engineering etc....

I just watched the DCL episode on the Travel Channel....did NOT know about the ship being "glued" together in the middle! lol

I would have thought the same thing!! We are midship...I think I would have not requested that...will WONDER if I am at the spot that got "glued" together!

My DH was laughing at me talking about all the engineering etc....

OMG....glued sounds so flimsy.....the halves were WELDED TOGETHER, NOT GLUED!!!! Big difference!!!! Hope that makes folks feel better!!! LOL

OMG....glued sounds so flimsy.....the halves were WELDED TOGETHER, NOT GLUED!!!! Big difference!!!! Hope that makes folks feel better!!! LOL

:lmao: "glued" was my word joking with my DH!!! I would hate to scare new cruisers!! lol

:lmao: "glued" was my word joking with my DH!!! I would hate to scare new cruisers!! lol

It is hard to spot the lines where it is joined... asked different cast members and there were varied answers. One officer later explained and showed...

It is hard to spot the lines where it is joined... asked different cast members and there were varied answers. One officer later explained and showed...

I think its amazing how they did that! ANyone know about the two new ships?? I know they are being built in Germany....

we were on the Wonder over Halloween , and got to experience the rough seas. No one got sick, and like most other kids DS (5) slept all night every night. We were a bit nervous of the noises too. I slept off and on the last night. I give credit to the Captain and crew for making the trip as smooth as possible. They kept out of the rough seas as long as they could. We had early diding, but probably even late dining was pretty calm. It seemed most nights it was after 10 or 11pm before you really noticed the movement. We were disappointed our time at CC was cut short, but safety is a top priority. Only gives us another reason to go again. Though, DH says we will go in April or May, prior to hurricane season !!

In rough seas, water can come out of the pools and come down the elevator shafts and stairwells too.

Yes, now it makes sence....on our 03 Eastern after Thanksgiving we were in 28 foot seas on Thursday....when I woke up....to creaking.....I openend the verandah door and it was flooded!!! I thought " wow those waves are big"....then I saw that it was all of the water spilling out of the pools and running down....

Yes, now it makes sence....on our 03 Eastern after Thanksgiving we were in 28 foot seas on Thursday....when I woke up....to creaking.....I openend the verandah door and it was flooded!!! I thought " wow those waves are big"....then I saw that it was all of the water spilling out of the pools and running down....

:faint: :rotfl:

Oh my gosh that is abit scary to me...hopefully we have calmer seas in Jan!

I think its amazing how they did that! ANyone know about the two new ships?? I know they are being built in Germany....

I know when they built the Magic they were under a huge time constraint....and the only way the shipyard could accomodate Disney's "we want it done by this date" was to build the ship in two parts.

I don't know about how the new ships are going to be built but I don't think the Wonder was built in two sections...only the Magic (but I could be wrong!!).

We were on the rocking Halloween Magic as well. Kids (5 and 6) slept through it all, but DH and I got very little sleep on the last night. We were definitly rocking and rolling, but the noise was the worst. Creaking, groaning, etc. We laughed and said it was like staying on a haunted ship, perfect for our Halloween cruise.

Lynn-
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:
I could not resit. I thought for one minute you brought the mud from the spa home with you. I told DH, "that's it we need to travel during hurricane season so we could still be rocking and rolling at home while hearing creaking and groaning."

Speaking of Sea Sick, the first 2 DCLs we went on, I felt wonderful. The last one, I got Motion sick the first night. I am trying to fiqure out if I just need to eat in PC the first night and not AP or is it, I am getting older?????:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter