Nomad Lounge Question and Tiffins Sadness

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
So DD8 is an animal lover and will probably be a vegetarian when she's old enough to know it's an option in life. We had a situation last year where she was so upset by seeing a full pig carcass at a pig roast that she couldn't eat and had nightmares. I made an ADR at Tiffins hoping that since the whole fish isn't a mammal and DH and I won't order it that it would be ok. I finally asked her and it's very clearly not going to work for us. Since we have no desire to repeat the pig roast incident (and waste a lot of money on a dinner we won't enjoy) I dropped the ADR. As fate would have it, there was a Y&Y ressie right there waiting for us.

But. :sad: I was looking forward to trying our first non-CRT signature at Disney.

Ease my pain. Does Nomad Lounge let you get drinks to go? I was also looking forward to trying a Tempting Tigress. I'm hoping I still can without hanging out in the lounge when we could be out enjoying the park. Thanks.

It probably doesn't happen too often - because who would want to leave Nomad? That place is an oasis in AK.

But to answer your question - yes, you should be able to get drinks to go. I've seen that happen numerous times over many visits. The bartenders are very accommodating. Enjoy!

We go to Nomad lounge for a tall cold glass of water and a tall cold cocktail. It hits the spot every time. I guess you can have the drink to go!

If your daughter can't be in a restaurant where a whole fish is served, how will she react when she sees people walking around eating a turkey leg?

I wouldn't let me daughter dictate over something so silly. She likely won't even see a whole fish being served. It's very different than having a whole pig on display. Go to Tiffins and enjoy. It's amazing.

It probably doesn't happen too often - because who would want to leave Nomad? That place is an oasis in AK.

But to answer your question - yes, you should be able to get drinks to go. I've seen that happen numerous times over many visits. The bartenders are very accommodating. Enjoy!

Awesome. Thank you!

If your daughter can't be in a restaurant where a whole fish is served, how will she react when she sees people walking around eating a turkey leg?

Until they start serving them with the face and eyes attached, we're good.

I don't really consider vacation the time to be doing something that gives her nightmares. That isn't something she's choosing or has control over. I respect my daughters feelings on this.

I’ve seen plenty of people with kids in Nomad Lounge, so don’t be afraid to bring DD8 there with you and sit and enjoy your drink. The deck outside is particularly nice! Their appetizers are good, and you can get the sides served at Tiffins.

You can most definitely get a drink to go in Nomads, but you'd be missing the second best part...the actual lounge. I'd suggest stopping in and at least getting an appetizer or something so you can have a taste of Tiffins and enjoy your drink there. It is such an enjoyable experience and a great respite from the parks.

We are big Yak and Yeti fans so you should be good there, but if you really wanted to do signature and Tiffins interested you it may be worth considering a quick bus ride over to Animal Kingdom Lounge and trying Jiko. Its one of our very favorites!

I totally understand your decision to respect your daughters feelings! My DD8 is a vegetarian (and has been for nearly 2 years) due to her love for animals. I was excited to book dinner at Morimoto for our upcoming trip until I saw a pic of the restaurant online with ducks hanging in the kitchen windows! My daughter would freak out, so we’re not going there. It’s just one meal- you do what’s best for your family- enjoy the Nomad!

We alsway take abreak at nomad about mid afternoon and so far have never had a probelm getting a seat by the river outside. Its very relaxing, and great drinks.
But, they do have drinks to go if that is your preference.

We love Nomad Lounge- our kids are 11 and 13.
We were there about 2 weeks ago.
It was so nice to take a break and sit and relax without rushing- we sat outside.
My DH and I did a few small plates and churros and the wait staff was amazing- she brought us the menu from Tiffins (I am gf) and the kids picked kids meals too.
Kid sized is usually way too small for mine but they were nicely sized. They really liked the kids dessert that came with their meal.

My suggestion would be to order the drinks, get the churros (amazing and they are gf but you would never know it!) and relax for a few minutes. Enjoy your beverage in a glass and take in the scenery- the patio is really nice with a pretty view.

I'm not sure what's in the tempting tigress, but I don't think they would let you take an alcoholic drink to go. Most places that serve alcohol have their ABC license (or whatever is equivalent in FL) for that specific location.

It's not like EPCOT during their food & wine (they must have some type of special license that allows them to serve it "to go")

I feel your pain on the dietary restriction thing. A major fight in my extended family is that as a good Jewish boy I have never had a cheeseburger or any kind of pork. My daughter follows the restrictions but in our case her mother (who travels with us) is always trying to get her to eat the stuff. When she was young she would freak out over eating any of this stuff. Little ones know what they want you just have to go along.

I'm not sure what's in the tempting tigress, but I don't think they would let you take an alcoholic drink to go. Most places that serve alcohol have their ABC license (or whatever is equivalent in FL) for that specific location.

It's not like EPCOT during their food & wine (they must have some type of special license that allows them to serve it "to go")

Well that gran marnier slushy and the margarita stands are definitely all to go oriented, and those are permanent. The way the hotel bartender explained it to me is that it's all private property, as long as you're not on a bus or a boat (where federal rules kick in) you can carry any beverage around that you've purchased

I say ask for the to go cup or just go there with the kids...

You just can't take it out of the park, out of the lounge/restaurant is fine as long as you have a to-go cup. We've taken our beers to go from Biergarten multiple times when we ordered liters and couldn't finish during dinner.

Nomad Lounge is awesome and the tables are spread out over there. I think you could enjoy a cocktail without worrying about seeing the fish on a plate. I'm sure they could get you a drink to go too, but it is a wonderful place to enjoy a break from the park.

I’ve seen plenty of people with kids in Nomad Lounge, so don’t be afraid to bring DD8 there with you and sit and enjoy your drink. The deck outside is particularly nice! Their appetizers are good, and you can get the sides served at Tiffins.

You can most definitely get a drink to go in Nomads, but you'd be missing the second best part...the actual lounge. I'd suggest stopping in and at least getting an appetizer or something so you can have a taste of Tiffins and enjoy your drink there. It is such an enjoyable experience and a great respite from the parks.

We are big Yak and Yeti fans so you should be good there, but if you really wanted to do signature and Tiffins interested you it may be worth considering a quick bus ride over to Animal Kingdom Lounge and trying Jiko. Its one of our very favorites!

We love Nomad Lounge- our kids are 11 and 13.
We were there about 2 weeks ago.
It was so nice to take a break and sit and relax without rushing- we sat outside.
My DH and I did a few small plates and churros and the wait staff was amazing- she brought us the menu from Tiffins (I am gf) and the kids picked kids meals too.
Kid sized is usually way too small for mine but they were nicely sized. They really liked the kids dessert that came with their meal.

My suggestion would be to order the drinks, get the churros (amazing and they are gf but you would never know it!) and relax for a few minutes. Enjoy your beverage in a glass and take in the scenery- the patio is really nice with a pretty view.

I didn't really think of that as an option. I'll check out the menu (and the churros) and see if we can make an afternoon snack break out of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter