Nomad Lounge Strategy

Wendylet

Earning My Ears
We will be doing AK twice on our upcoming trip. I am trying to understand the process to get into Nomad. I am thinking I would like to go in the afternoon for a break and a drink/snack. We are a group of 10 but I’m not sure everyone will want to go. If you don’t want to wait list in the morning since you don’t want to go too early is it fairly easy to wait list a bit later to hopefully get a spot in the afternoon? How tough would it be for 10 people? Thank you for any help at all!

I think it may be difficult with a party of 10 - if I recall correctly, there isn't much seating for groups that large. You should be able to join the waitlist later in the afternoon, but your wait will probably be much longer with a group that large.

We're hoping to get into Nomad on our upcoming trip too. I've read to get there early, like when Nomad opens, and just get on the list if there is one, then. I'm not putting too much thought into it, I figure even if there is a long wait we'll just go occupy ourselves elsewhere until they call us.

We're hoping to get into Nomad on our upcoming trip too. I've read to get there early, like when Nomad opens, and just get on the list if there is one, then. I'm not putting too much thought into it, I figure even if there is a long wait we'll just go occupy ourselves elsewhere until they call us.
Yes I had heard that also but I was worried we would get the call earlier than what we wanted as we have some things planned, lunch, rhinos,etc. I was hoping to just have a little more control over the timeframe.

I think it may be difficult with a party of 10 - if I recall correctly, there isn't much seating for groups that large. You should be able to join the waitlist later in the afternoon, but your wait will probably be much longer with a group that large.
If we went as early as possible to get on the wait list with a large group are you thinking they would have no chance to seat us considering the group size or that we might be waiting a long time for a seat, as that would be okay since we would want after lunch anyway. I thought there was a wait list you could join through the MDE as well. Is that after the initial approaching them to our your name down?

If we went as early as possible to get on the wait list with a large group are you thinking they would have no chance to seat us considering the group size or that we might be waiting a long time for a seat, as that would be okay since we would want after lunch anyway. I thought there was a wait list you could join through the MDE as well. Is that after the initial approaching them to our your name down?

I have no idea, but what if you just broke your group into two groups? You might not all get to sit together but it would probably give you all a better chance of getting seated in a timely manner in general.

In my experience, they seated or took names of the people physically in line first before even opening the waitlist in MDE. If you don't want to go that early I wouldn't wait in line at opening.

When we were there this past February we went to the restaurant and put our name on the list mid to late morning. We were told it would be about two hours and that we would receive a text when our table was ready. The catch was that once you got the text you had to be back at Nomad in 10 minutes or they would move on the the next party on the list. We received the text about two hours later, but were in line for the safari, so we couldn't make it. Good luck and enjoy your trip! Nomad is really worth it if you can make it work for your AK day :)

We most recently did Nomad as a party of 5 a few weeks ago. We waited in line and put our name down at 11 and were called back around 1. Every time I’ve tried to join the queue through the app it always glitches out, but I’ve had great luck waiting in the physical line.

And as other posters have said, it might be worth splitting your party up. But I imagine the host/hostess will tell you whether or not they’ll be able to seat 10 together when you put your name down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter