Non ambulatory at water parks

Pease in a pod

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are hoping to travel to disney again soon and we have a 9 year old son with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. He can no longer walk and I was looking for any advice regarding water parks. We have never been and our son loves the water. He can "walk" again when he is in a pool so we thought this may be fun for him. I know he cannot do the big slides but are there any lifts for the disabled in the larger pools or even the lazy river?

Thanks so much

Last edited:
I'm sure you probably thought of this, but please be careful if you choose Typhoon Lagoon as the waves in the wave pool are very strong. There wouldn't be a lift for the wave pool as it is zero entry style. That is the big pool for that park.
Both have lazy rivers but I don't know for sure that they have the lifts. I would think so but cannot confirm as I don't recall seeing them, but I also did not specifically look for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter