Non-AP Ticket Holders and New Park Reservations System-INFO POST #76

Following - 5 nights at Pop 9/7 - 9/12 with 5 day PH (originally a free DDP trip booked in January). Glad we have longer to decide now with PIF 7 days prior instead of 30. So on the fence!!
SO I have a single night booked at Pop on 9/17. 4 day base tickets booked with it. I then have 4night DVC booked, which is already PIF. Are you saying I do t need to PIF for my Pop stay until 9/10, not 8/18?

I am scared that I am going to blink and miss out on the info and not be able to get into any parks .

Same!
We rented DVC points for AKL Oct 8-12 and were probably the last to be able to buy park tickets through UT last week. I know this because the next morning my son tried and they are no longer available.

I just want to know what the process is already.:rolleyes1

Also waiting to hear something, and afraid I'll miss it all. I have a DVC stay at AKV from July 25-31 for D17 and me. Last "hurrah" trip before senior year. Didn't have tickets, but once Disney said they weren't selling any more tickets, I quickly got some 3 day passes from UT. I just want to know what my next step is. I'm so impatient, that's not helping. LOL

Also waiting to hear something, and afraid I'll miss it all. I have a DVC stay at AKV from July 25-31 for D17 and me. Last "hurrah" trip before senior year. Didn't have tickets, but once Disney said they weren't selling any more tickets, I quickly got some 3 day passes from UT. I just want to know what my next step is. I'm so impatient, that's not helping. LOL
This is our last hurrah trip before college. We will be in the area for 2 weeks . Looks like we may be spending more time than planned at outside attractions especially if water parks don't open.

This is our last hurrah trip before college. We will be in the area for 2 weeks . Looks like we may be spending more time than planned at outside attractions especially if water parks don't open.
I get it!! We were just trying to do a short girls trip, saving our DVC points for Aulani next year after graduation. Hope it all works out!

We had an early June trip planned (actually should be there right now), with six day hopper plus tickets and a reservation at the Dolphin. Looking to change that to early January, which is really the only other time our college kids could go. It looks like most of you have upcoming reservations - should I have already done something? I got an email that a new reservation system was coming and people with current reservations would have first access so I was just waiting on that.

Did you book through WDW or directly with the Dolphin? If you booked directly with the Dolphin, you should be able to rebook. If you were booked through WDW, you could call to see if they'll allow you to push it out. At this time, WDW has frozen reservations except for those with reservations June thru July 4th who are able to confirm or modify.

The email about the new reservation system and first access is due to your tickets and regarding the "park reservation" which will be required for access to one of the theme parks upon re-opening. If you aren't going this summer, that (hopefully) won't be necessary for you -- but if it is, not immediately.

4 park magic tickets over here, early August cash booking. Wonder where we fall down the line.

Same here, 4 park magic tickets and POR paid in full already for late August- hoping we are in the first round of reservations! I'm so nervous about it but I feel like we'll all be good if they are limiting it to people who have tickets/resort reservations at first

Booked room only at AoA 7/27-29 with tickets purchased from UT linked to MDE. Also have a hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs same dates in case on-site doesn't matter (it's way cheaper and we'll have our own vehicle). Wife and I are both COVID-19 antibody positive per test at most recent blood donation, so the virus doesn't bother us. If we can get park reservations we're going.

We have a Contemporary/Poly TA reservation for 7/18 - 7/25 with tickets that I purchased through a discount website through my husband's work, Of course this was the only year I didn't purchase tickets directly through Disney (well except my TA ticket) and I am a little nervous about that but I think we will be ok since they were already linked to MDE and we have a resort reservation.

Anxiously awaiting hotel, dining and reservation system info.
Hopefully we'll see you there the 19th thru the 26th:)

Whoever is in charge of this thread may consider closing it until we actually know about the new system. Right now it is just getting filled with random thoughts and not really serving the purpose it was designed to. I could be wrong though.

Whoever is in charge of this thread may consider closing it until we actually know about the new system. Right now it is just getting filled with random thoughts and not really serving the purpose it was designed to. I could be wrong though.
I think it's because there were so many of us chatting on the AP holder thread---that the MODS allowed us to start this thread--- for the NON- AP folks...:)

Booked room only at AoA 7/27-29 with tickets purchased from UT linked to MDE. Also have a hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs same dates in case on-site doesn't matter (it's way cheaper and we'll have our own vehicle). Wife and I are both COVID-19 antibody positive per test at most recent blood donation, so the virus doesn't bother us. If we can get park reservations we're going.

Great idea. I just did the same. It's 4 times more expensive to stay on property in a room (although pretty, I'm sure) we never would have chosen if we had choices. We've always stayed on property but I'm finding it hard to justify the expense on this trip.

The Hilton site suggested I link to MDE but if I already have a on-site stay linked there will that mess things up if I have two reservations for the same dates?

Great idea. I just did the same. It's 4 times more expensive to stay on property in a room (although pretty, I'm sure) we never would have chosen if we had choices. We've always stayed on property but I'm finding it hard to justify the expense on this trip.

The Hilton site suggested I link to MDE but if I already have a on-site stay linked there will that mess things up if I have two reservations for the same dates?

I really don't know. Typically you link to MDE to get the "good neighbor" hotel benefits like the 60 day FP and EMH, but in this case those aren't happening. Only other reason to link would be if it gets you some sort of priority in booking park day reservations, but we don't know that yet. So you might choose to leave the reservation unlinked for the time being until we find out more about the reservation system.

That being said...I linked mine to MDE a while back and it didn't disrupt the space-time continuum, so hopefully there won't be a problem.

I really don't know. Typically you link to MDE to get the "good neighbor" hotel benefits like the 60 day FP and EMH, but in this case those aren't happening. Only other reason to link would be if it gets you some sort of priority in booking park day reservations, but we don't know that yet. So you might choose to leave the reservation unlinked for the time being until we find out more about the reservation system.

That being said...I linked mine to MDE a while back and it didn't disrupt the space-time continuum, so hopefully there won't be a problem.
Thanks for the quick reply.
So, you're saying you do have the Doubletree Hilton and a on-site resort for the exact same dates and it seems to be no problem?

If so, I think I will link the Hilton one just in case it makes a difference for the top-secret park reservation lottery.

Thanks for the quick reply.
So, you're saying you do have the Doubletree Hilton and a on-site resort for the exact same dates and it seems to be no problem?

If so, I think I will link the Hilton one just in case it makes a difference for the top-secret park reservation lottery.

FWIW, you can have multiple reservations for the same dates / same guests for Disney resorts too, or an on-site/good neighbor off-site like the PP. It won't mess anything up.

Starting to stress. Had a vacation booked for late April with my girlfriend at BC. I bought tickets, she has an AP. Cancelled. Rebooked for 6/21 - 6/26 at WL. I still have my tix, her AP would be extended. Parks still closed. They let us rebook again but do to our schedules we couldn't go until the last week in Sept. Got a deluxe studio at the Boardwalk Villas. Had to pay rack rate (extra $800) but we have a res. Here's the stress. Her AP is going to be expired before then. If they open the park reservations before I can get her a ticket we are going to have to cancel AGAIN because I am assuming we will both have to have tickets before they will let us make park reservations. Uuuuggg.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter