• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-Expiring Tickets Option for DVC Members?

I did email DVC, regarding bringing back this ticket offer. Hopefully more members will follow

Why? Where they more expensive than what a regular say 10 day ticket is? I’d assume it would be less than an ap.

They were more than an AP when they were discontinued in 2015. The 10 day with park hopper and other options plus no expiration was over $800. The 10 day park hopper with no expiration was over $700 while an AP was in the $5-600 range. Prices changed (3-4) several times in a year and a half or so, and I would have to dig my stash with receipts out to give exact prices of what I actually paid, plus I bought from several sources - UT, MLT and Disney.

Why? Where they more expensive than what a regular say 10 day ticket is? I’d assume it would be less than an ap.

For an adult 10 day, no expiration, park hopping ticket...plus 10 days at the waterparks. It cost me roughly $550 from a 3rd party vendor. It isn't the current value that hurts, it's the future value. To think I can get into the park for roughly $30/day makes Disney cringe when current day tickets are what? 8x that for a single day?

To make it worse, some of us realized that if you buy a children's 10 day no expiration ticket, with park hopper and water park (this later ticket was 7 years later roughly and cost me about $700/ticket) You can have your kids use a single day on the ticket to activate it, that ticket would then be eligible for use even after they became an adult. So if we keep using APs, I just see my future 60 year old kids using their old child's no expiration ticket.

For an adult 10 day, no expiration, park hopping ticket...plus 10 days at the waterparks. It cost me roughly $550 from a 3rd party vendor. It isn't the current value that hurts, it's the future value. To think I can get into the park for roughly $30/day makes Disney cringe when current day tickets are what? 8x that for a single day?

To make it worse, some of us realized that if you buy a children's 10 day no expiration ticket, with park hopper and water park (this later ticket was 7 years later roughly and cost me about $700/ticket) You can have your kids use a single day on the ticket to activate it, that ticket would then be eligible for use even after they became an adult. So if we keep using APs, I just see my future 60 year old kids using their old child's no expiration ticket.
Right, so that seems it would be an excellent value. The person I had responded to said it wasn't worth it unless you took so many trips per year. I get that for an AP, but not this.

Oh I read it as a statement on AP.

If you go twice in a year, AP (when offered) was more cost effective. If you go twice in general over multiple years then the no expirations were more cost effective.

I just wish they would have a 10-day ticket that is valid for a calendar year. I'm fine with it still expiring, I just wish I didn't have to keep paying for the front-loaded ticket costs since we only go 3-4 days each trip

I believe the no-expiration option added about $300 to the price of the ticket, making a 10-day ticket more expensive than two 5-day tickets at the time. I paid between $700-$800 for mine about six years ago; more than I pay for a gold AP now.

I believe the no-expiration option added about $300 to the price of the ticket, making a 10-day ticket more expensive than two 5-day tickets at the time. I paid between $700-$800 for mine about six years ago; more than I pay for a gold AP now.
I was just thinking that I'd spread out 10 days over multiple trips vs having 5 days that I have to use right now, or an ap that I have to pay for every year, which I've never been able to purchase bc stupid covid.

I was just thinking that I'd spread out 10 days over multiple trips vs having 5 days that I have to use right now, or an ap that I have to pay for every year, which I've never been able to purchase bc stupid covid.
Yes, my plan was to use two or three days per trip for four or five trips over the course of so many years. Plus the water park admissions can supplement any trip.

I'm still using a 10 day park hopper with water park options that is roughly 10 years old. It's definiately from around my son's birth, it might be from his first year, when we didn't buy him a ticket, but I think it's before him. We used the 10 days forever ago, but we've started to use the water park options in the last 2-3 years, buying a ticket for my now 10 year old. We went once before he was born, and have gone twice? or three times (I can't remember!) since. We just went last weekend!

I do need to see what's remaining. By my memory I used 3-4 water park days and a mini golf.

My husband and I are still sitting with 4 days on 10 day non-expiring PHs from a big family trip in 2009. No idea how may pluses are left - we've used the waterpark admission during times we have APs and the pluses don't show in MDE. We had the "paper" tickets transfered to modern tickets a few years ago. The tickets shows in my MDE. Pre-COVID, I wouldn't tap into the park before a cast member verified that my MDE was prioritized to use my AP for admission. Two nieces used their last admissions in January of 2020 for a sister trip before one started the college program. Another niece still has 2 days on her pass, but its tied to her maiden name. If she ever decides to use it, I'll spend some time on the phone getting it attached to her present MDE.
We tend to do 4-6 day trips, so an AP would probably be a better value. But I prefer not having to schedule two trips within a 365 day period.

Pre-COVID, I wouldn't tap into the park before a cast member verified that my MDE was prioritized to use my AP for admission.

If you do end up using it the non-expiration without the intention to do so, you can ask them for an adjustment. We did just that a couple years ago.

The negative is that the adjustment tickets provided will expire (20 years) but they'll be single day tickets. As a plus, they also play nicely with the park reservation system.

I remember purchasing 10 day no expiry with water parks for about $450! Man, I loved those passes as we would used them over 3 to 5 trips. We still have several water parks on them but the kids loved Disney Quest (another thing we wish WDW did not get rid of).

I run through 10 days on a trip so non expiring won't really do much for me except maybe save us a wasted ticket day if we skip the parks a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter