Non-smoking hotel?

carouselDL

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have recommendations for a Harbor hotel that doesn't allow smoking anywhere on property? The closer the better...I'm going with a friend who's very sensitive to smoke and used to WDW, so I'm hoping to wow her with how easy it is to walk to DL :)

I can personally attest to the Grand California’s rules and enforcement - even the employees had to be off grounds of the hotel to smoke - not a trivial walk - and outside the gated entrances for both guests and employees

You can smoke on hotels?

I'm guessing she means anywhere on property, like the parking lots or designated smoking areas.

Most hotels in Anaheim are smoke-free inside the building and other common areas like the pools, but that doesn't stop guests from smoking in the parking lot that they may have to walk through. (Personally, I'm not aware of any 100% smoke-free properties, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.)

Does anyone have recommendations for a Harbor hotel that doesn't allow smoking anywhere on property? The closer the better...I'm going with a friend who's very sensitive to smoke and used to WDW, so I'm hoping to wow her with how easy it is to walk to DL :)

You will find plenty of hotels that designate all rooms as smoke-free, but I will point out that there will still be designated outdoor smoking areas on property so if you literally want an entirely smoke-free property I think that will be tough to find. Indoors though you should be fine.

I'm guessing she means anywhere on property, like the parking lots or designated smoking areas.

Most hotels in Anaheim are smoke-free inside the building and other common areas like the pools, but that doesn't stop guests from smoking in the parking lot that they may have to walk through. (Personally, I'm not aware of any 100% smoke-free properties, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.)
Ah gotcha! Yeah, I would think even if it was technically forbidden to smoke on the parking lot it would be really hard to enforce.

The grouping of hotels directly across the street from DL entrance (i.e., the crosswalk in front of the IHOP) are all exterior corridor hotels (i.e., the room doors open to the outside), so that should help at least. So no hallways, meaning, one less place where smoke could potentially be.

If you don't want to pass by any smoke at all, you'd probably want to be as close as possible to the park entrance. It's not uncommon for homeless people hanging outside of the 7-11 at the corner of Harbor and Katella to be smoking not just cigarettes but also weed. The same also applies to pretty much all of the bus stops along Harbor.

The grouping of hotels directly across the street from DL entrance (i.e., the crosswalk in front of the IHOP) are all exterior corridor hotels (i.e., the room doors open to the outside), so that should help at least. So no hallways, meaning, one less place where smoke could potentially be.

I actually think that would be worse, IMO. Most people aren't going to violate the smoking rules and smoke inside the halls of a closed hotel with interior hallways. They'll smoke in the parking areas or a designated outdoor smoking area and at least you can generally give yourself a wide swath to avoid them.

But, people stepping outside of their room at a motel that is all doors directly to the outside? Yeah, they might be smoking out there. (Can say I have actually experienced the one and only time I stayed at Motel 6 Maingate in Anaheim.)

Yes, no smoking anywhere on property! Personally I would also think my friend would be fine as long as the rooms are non-smoking, but she cares a lot about this :confused3

Yes, no smoking anywhere on property! Personally I would also think my friend would be fine as long as the rooms are non-smoking, but she cares a lot about this :confused3
Have you looked at any hotels? It might be easier to look for hotels that DO allow smoking as the vast majority of hotels in CA don't allow smoking. Hyatt, Marriott and Sheraton are all smoke free facilities.

Now, if she were allergic to dogs, that would be another story. 🐩🐕‍🦺🦮

Desert Inn and Suites ask for a room towards the front of the property, the smoking area is towards the back, so you won't be walking through the smoking area, also it's right across Harbor between Ihop and Denny's

Have you looked at any hotels? It might be easier to look for hotels that DO allow smoking as the vast majority of hotels in CA don't allow smoking. Hyatt, Marriott and Sheraton are all smoke free facilities.

Now, if she were allergic to dogs, that would be another story. 🐩🐕‍🦺🦮

This. All of these chains do not allow smoking anywhere on property.

I love how the smell of the outdoors has become cigarettes, and now weed😞
I know, right!

I work in the SODO District part of Seattle, south of downtown and we constantly get the smell of 2 nearby businesses that are, I guess are burning out the oils of the weed plants. It is nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter