None of the Moderates Excite Me- Needing Suggestions

I love POFQ, and have been staying there a lot since it first opened. I love the size of the resort. I love the aesthetic, the feeling that I am wandering through a village of beautiful buildings. I love the fact that it has one bus stop, although I do wish they had dedicated queues like the values. I love taking the boat to Disney Springs. I love that it’s just a short stroll to POR for the extra dining options. Everyone has different tastes (for example GF and AKL are my least favorite resorts) so you won’t know until you try it how you feel.

If you have never been there before, keep an open mind. Don’t immediately compare it to the other resorts you have stayed in. You may find it’s not your taste, or you may find that you have found a new favorite.

OP, I would give you the same advice. If you haven’t stayed at a moderate before, give it a try. I have stayed at all levels of Disney resort, from value to DVC, and I have never regretted trying a new resort. Yes, I have my favorites like anyone, but sometimes the budget limitations mean staying in a second or third choice. I have a reservation at All Star Sports next month. Is that my favorite resort? No. I have stayed at the other two AS resorts and liked them, but I am not a fan of sports/games at all. However, I was able to book at a ridiculously low rate, saving me enough to pay for my food while I am there, so budget won and I will have a good time. I would have preferred to stay at CR, WL, or YC, but I am paying less for my four nights than I would for one night in a deluxe. Only you can decide what compromises your family is willing to make, whether that is on/off property, deluxe/moderate on site, table service/quick service dining, etc. Planning a WDW trip with a budget always requires give and take to get the numbers to work. I hope you have a great trip, wherever you stay.
Like you, we have stayed at all levels and guess what? After 40+ trips we have totally enjoyed each trip no matter the resort we stayed at. I am soooo glad that my family can have a great time whether we are at a value or our deluxe favorite GF:)

Now I’m nervous about FQ, lol
We took a trip to FQ in February and I have only otherwise stayed at Deluxes. I found POFQ to be nice. My daughter really enjoyed the slide at the pool. She loved the theming and I thought the cast members there were extremely nice. She loved the beads and putting the coins into the fountain. We were in building 3 which was very close to the lobby & bus stop. Everything was really walkable and we didn’t have any issues. If we were trying to save money, I would stay there again honestly.

I love POFQ, and have been staying there a lot since it first opened. I love the size of the resort. I love the aesthetic, the feeling that I am wandering through a village of beautiful buildings. I love the fact that it has one bus stop, although I do wish they had dedicated queues like the values. I love taking the boat to Disney Springs. I love that it’s just a short stroll to POR for the extra dining options. Everyone has different tastes (for example GF and AKL are my least favorite resorts) so you won’t know until you try it how you feel.

If you have never been there before, keep an open mind. Don’t immediately compare it to the other resorts you have stayed in. You may find it’s not your taste, or you may find that you have found a new favorite.

OP, I would give you the same advice. If you haven’t stayed at a moderate before, give it a try. I have stayed at all levels of Disney resort, from value to DVC, and I have never regretted trying a new resort. Yes, I have my favorites like anyone, but sometimes the budget limitations mean staying in a second or third choice. I have a reservation at All Star Sports next month. Is that my favorite resort? No. I have stayed at the other two AS resorts and liked them, but I am not a fan of sports/games at all. However, I was able to book at a ridiculously low rate, saving me enough to pay for my food while I am there, so budget won and I will have a good time. I would have preferred to stay at CR, WL, or YC, but I am paying less for my four nights than I would for one night in a deluxe. Only you can decide what compromises your family is willing to make, whether that is on/off property, deluxe/moderate on site, table service/quick service dining, etc. Planning a WDW trip with a budget always requires give and take to get the numbers to work. I hope you have a great trip, wherever you stay.
Thanks for this! I had a bad moment, but it passed - I’m so excited all over again ! I think I’m going to love it! I can’t wait to report back about my experience !

We took a trip to FQ in February and I have only otherwise stayed at Deluxes. I found POFQ to be nice. My daughter really enjoyed the slide at the pool. She loved the theming and I thought the cast members there were extremely nice. She loved the beads and putting the coins into the fountain. We were in building 3 which was very close to the lobby & bus stop. Everything was really walkable and we didn’t have any issues. If we were trying to save money, I would stay there again honestly.

Thank you - so glad you enjoyed it! I Love pool slides, too - though I felt like I almost drowned at the end of the one at Coronado Springs, lol. I don’t usually spend much time at the resorts, but it’s different now that I’m a FL resident and have an AP. FQ - and POR - seem like the perfect resorts for me to enjoy time off from the parks...and the boat to DS I think will be a dream!

I have stayed at FQ many times and it is one of my absolute favorite resorts. It's quaint and more peaceful than many; also you have the boat to Disney Springs which is really nice.
Thank you - I’m so excited again...just counting the days!

I'd definitely consider Pop, or if you are ok with more walking absolutely AoA Little Mermaid room. A toddler will like the splash/baby pools at each; the Skyliner; very easy to walk between AoA and Pop so you double the food options. The only upside for a moderate - to our family - is the pool slide and hot tub. Neither are needed with a toddler, so I would get a Pop room or AoA little mermaid room (again, if you don't mind the walk) and use the price diff (v. moderate hotel) to pay for Uber to Animal Kingdom and TTC (for MK).
While the little kid pool at Pop and AoA aren't as impressive as the one at, say, CBR, I am sure a toddler will have just as much fun at any of them.
Or All Star Movies - my little ones LOVED the theme, and it always seems calmer to me than Pop or the mods. Spend some of the $ saved on Uber/Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter