• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Normal Things You Hate Doing

Getting my hair cut/colored....the whole experience, and the hairdresser is SO sweet/nice, I just hate my hair, and hate everything associated w maintaining the stringy, dry mop I have on my head. I put it off as long as I can

The card machines are on the pumps. Attendant takes your card and runs it through. They also take cash.

It’s like ordering at a drive through when you pull up. “Fill it up, regular, cash” or as you put your card out the window you say “fill it up regular” snd they know it’s a card purchase. Same if you’re putting $20 or $30 or whatever.
That would be really awkward for me. I pay for everything with my bank debit card (not a credit card). Here that requires inputting a pin number; for that matter, most credit card machines here are chip-and-pin too. I have half a mind to go out of my way to one of the full-serve places now just to satisfy my curiosity of how it works here.

That would be really awkward for me. I pay for everything with my bank debit card (not a credit card). Here that requires inputting a pin number; for that matter, most credit card machines here are chip-and-pin too. I have half a mind to go out of my way to one of the full-serve places now just to satisfy my curiosity of how it works here.

No pin is required for debit cards. They run it as a credit card. I only use my debit card and no signature is required.

I hate having to wait in a doctors office for long periods of time -
I so get this - just had a "quick check-up" appointment at the oral surgeon yesterday. Yeah - quick - after I wait in the waiting room for 35 minutes before being taken back to the exam room. :headache:

No pin is required for debit cards. They run it as a credit card. I only use my debit card and no signature is required.
Is tipping expected? My instinct would be to tip the person doing the fill (back in the stone age when you could opt for full service at the gas station my mom always tipped) but that must add up!

Is tipping expected? My instinct would be to tip the person doing the fill (back in the stone age when you could opt for full service at the gas station my mom always tipped) but that must add up!

No. I’ve never tipped one and I hear they make around $12-15 an hour at the local Wawa.

Showering is mine. I do it regularly, of course, but I've never seen is as anything but a chore. It just seems like such a hassle to have to disrobe, get wet (and likely too hot or cold at some point), dry off, and redress, but I get the idea that most people enjoy it.

I keep waiting for someone to invent that Jetsons thing where you just get on the conveyor belt and come out the other side clean, clothed, and coiffed!

Ironing for sure. I've thought about buying extra accessories to perfect the dress shirt ironing process, but meh, maybe one day.

Even with websites and apps out there, why do you hate ordering pizza? Is yours a small time pizza place without those options?
Around here, with literally dozens of pizzaria’s, only about half have online ordering, or use an app. Sometimes I want rice balls from Napoli or eggplant parm from Ralph’s, I have to call.
Getting my hair cut/colored....the whole experience, and the hairdresser is SO sweet/nice, I just hate my hair, and hate everything associated w maintaining the stringy, dry mop I have on my head. I put it off as long as I can
I hate that it takes 3 hours.

Last edited:
No. I’ve never tipped one and I hear they make around $12-15 an hour at the local Wawa.
Interesting--that's good money! If that's the case, it doesn't sound like such a bad deal. I wouldn't mind staying nice and comfy in my car while someone else deals with gas pump.

I‘ve never hear of tipping them, it would be like tipping the cashier at the grocery store. Most of them by me don’t have a convenience store attached, but a garage with mechanics. There is a tiny glassed in area in the middle where the cash register is, plus cigarettes.

The card machines are on the pumps. Attendant takes your card and runs it through. They also take cash.

It’s like ordering at a drive through when you pull up. “Fill it up, regular, cash” or as you put your card out the window you say “fill it up regular” snd they know it’s a card purchase. Same if you’re putting $20 or $30 or whatever.
A few times attendants have asked my zipcode when using a card. Most don't. I guess they're making sure the user knows the billing address and didn't just find the card on the ground?

That always freaks me out a little bit when I'm in the States. The machine doesn't ask for your pin and it doesn't give you an option of which account you want the money to be withdrawn from. :upsidedow

A few times attendants have asked my zipcode when using a card. Most don't. I guess they're making sure the user knows the billing address and didn't just find the card on the ground?

Yea that happens every once in a while. It hasn’t happened to me in a while. It must be something the machine prompts the attendant to ask every so often.

Paying in cash is a few cents cheaper but I rarely carry cash.

Showering. I'm not stinky or anything, I shower every day. I just hate it, and I don't know why. I've tried using lovely scented soaps, loofahs, lavender, you name it. It's just a weird thing with me. And our house has no bathtub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter