• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

North Carolina , North Dakota and Michigan

What the first thing you think of when you hear of these states ?

North Carolina - Andy Griffith

North Dakota - Cowboys

Michigan - Woody Hayes

NC- My Mom. She lives outside Charlotte just a few feet from where I was born. After being gone for nearly 50 yrs she got to move back a couple of years ago.
ND- Buffalo. My bil is from Bismark and when we went for their wedding I remember seeing buffalo everywhere. Rather, I should say, Bison.
MI- beauty. Everyone I have talked to who have either lived there or visited has always had wonderful things to say about how beautiful it is.

the upper Peninsula I read a couple Novels where they were murders up their, they were both good, and made the place sound quite romantic

We don't have many murders in real life here in the UP, but it IS a really nice place and I love it.

For me, when I think of "MI", it's lakes and rivers. Of course, I"m about 550 miles from Detroit.

NC - OBX/lighthouses in the east, Asheville/mountains in the west.

ND - Badlands and Theo Roosevelt National Parks. Beautiful country, was there a few years ago.

MI - The Great Lakes and the automotive industry.

Were you here on the dis, Jason, when I used to do the State of the Week every week? I used to post a 'State of the Week' post on every other forum here, with a link back to the community board, trying to drum up activity on the community board. That goes way back, about 17 or 18 years ago now, because I stopped being a moderator type person back in early 2002. And the community board was busy back then. I know we used to regularly have 7 or 8 pages every day.

North Carolina.....Go Tar Heels.
North Dakota.......my brother and his family just visited there last fall.
Michigan.......born and raised and except for 10 years (college, etc) lived here all my life.

And except for winters and potholes taking a 2nd in size and deepness to the Great Lakes......it's not a bad place to live.

about time you contributed something other then just being sexy

I thought Woody Hayes was at Ohio State.

he is, but he is closest thing to a god-man in Ohio, and while coach he hated Michigan so much never said the word (the state up north), and Bo the Coach of Michigan, what a great 10 year war

Were you here on the dis, Jason, when I used to do the State of the Week every week? I used to post a 'State of the Week' post on every other forum here, with a link back to the community board, trying to drum up activity on the community board. That goes way back, about 17 or 18 years ago now, because I stopped being a moderator type person back in early 2002. And the community board was busy back then. I know we used to regularly have 7 or 8 pages every day.

Dan, I just got here in 2003, so I just missed it, but sure do remember every day 7-8 pages, the DIS was filled with giant personalities. , I think f some of them often, and where will probably never here from most again I remmeber all of them fondly

North Carolina - High Point/furniture
North Dakota - nothing
Michigan - the best state in the country. And, "GO BLUE!!"

I'm going to have to go out of order on this:
North Carolina - Ric Flair...whoooo!

Michigan - Detroit Rock City

North Dakota - When I was in Air Force tech school, our instructor told me that upon completion, I was getting stationed at Yokota and my first thought was North or South...Dakota?

Dan, I just got here in 2003, so I just missed it, but sure do remember every day 7-8 pages, the DIS was filled with giant personalities. , I think f some of them often, and where will probably never here from most again I remmeber all of them fondly
2003? Really? Thought is was way before that, Jason. I do miss so many of the folks from then also. Giant personalities for sure, well said. Every so often one or two will pop in on the Old Timers thread I have there in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter