North Star premium experience

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're super excited to be going on our first RCCL cruise on July 5th on the Ovation to Alaska. As we're preparing, I noticed that the North Star is now available for reservations. I do have a couple of questions though and hoping someone here can help answer my questions. I noticed the reservation calls it the North Star Premium Experience. Is there to say that there is a regular experience? If so, what is the difference? The reservation system shows that it's a $49 charge per person for adult and child.

It will be 7 of us on the cruise. Can all of us fit at one time in the North Star or do they need to break our group up to fit inside?

If it's all the same (premium vs. regular) and that's just how they name it, are there any tips to know when booking such as a better time and/or date to book the experience for? It seems that it might be a good time to book while the ship is stopped viewing one of the glaciers.

The premium experience is offered when the ship is near the glaciers. During that time the scenery is part of the difference. The other item is that the ride will be a little longer since it will go the full range of motion. On “regular” rides it will go up and rotate side to side in line with the edge of the ship. The full range it will take you over the side of the ship.
The first pic is during the free ride.

Attachments

• 57AA587B-567E-4E1E-966E-DAE658A57DCB.jpeg
    57AA587B-567E-4E1E-966E-DAE658A57DCB.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 6
Sorry I only have videos that show how far over the side it goes. Currently the files are too large to attach here so I’ll try later.

We only had two in our group so I didn’t pay attention to max they will allow a party to book but it does fit more than seven.

Only you can determine if it is something you will like. It was fun to do the free ride. After our initial free ride I was a little hesitant about the paid ride. Both were pretty cool but the full ride really was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter