Norway Princess Dinner 9/10

pamrob

DIS Veteran
What a fun dinner - especially for my girls. Everyone found at least a few things they liked off the cold bar. My DH had the salmon which he enjoyed. My oldest ordered the cod which surprised me but she did end up eating most of it. I ordered the kjottkaker which was different and fun. I enjoyed trying a very traditional dish. My only complaint was it tasted a bit fatty - probably just a richer cut of meat than I am used to.
My little girls ordered the cheese ravoli (which they surprisingly didn't care for), the cheese pizza (again not much eaten) and the pasta with meatball (which was nearly completed).
We all enjoyed the desserts and easily finished off two platters. The waitress brought a third which we only made a slight dent in.
The service was good. The interaction with the princesses was very good as we were at the first seating and it was very slow (maybe 8-10 tables).
I'm not sure if I would return but it was a great experience.

We are going there for dinner soon. A few questions for you. What exactly is kjottkaker? I would also like to try something a little different. If you don't like your meal can you get something else? Do you have to ask for more than one dessert platter or are they just brought out to you? Also, what princesses were there when you went?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks so much!

It was like a meatloaf. It is made with half pork, half beef. It also has beets in it. I didn't necessarily taste the beets. The server said it was very traditional, her mother makes it for her when she is home. I thought it would be fun to try something different. I don't know what would happen if you didn't like it??

We saw Ariel on arrival in the front. We had Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, and Belle come to the tables.

We ate there last week (I think it was Sat.). Ariel was in the front - she was really sweet. Other characters were Jane, Cinderella, Jasmine and Belle. We actually went there for the food since we used to loved this place two years ago. We weren't too fond of the changes they've made, but we still enjoyed it and thought the princesses were better than the ones we've seen at the castle. We missed the troll cookies they used to have with "paint" for the kids to decorate with. Also, they used to allow you to choose more than one entree - that was a lot of fun since it allowed us to try more than one thing. The waiter did allow my DS to choose an item off the adult menu - they just made a smaller serving. We thought the cold buffet was still great. One funny thing that happened (irritating at first, but we got over it pretty quickly) was that the server asked if we were ready for desert. We said no, but 10 minutes later he came with the desert plate. I know he understood our no becuase he confirmed it, but I truly think he was hurrying us out. And it really wasn't that busy - we were able to get a last minute reservation and many of the tables were empty. Overall, we still like the restaurant and would go there again even without children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter